Hawthorn will have a top list in 2005!!

Remove this Banner Ad

sinepari said:
not my fault u went for hodge...bad choice hey

Quite happy with Hodge thanks.

Now, would you care to answer the question? You appear to have such an aversion to being rewarded for 'mediocrity,' but you don't have a problem with attaining success on the back of the player directly recruited from your clubs failure in 2001.

Hypocricy at its finest. Don't worry junior, you'll get the point eventually.

If u actually spent more than 2 seconds looking at the reasons for our success u will quickly identify that the main catalyst for our success, and greater success to come, is fine drafting when we finished high on the laddier. Wouldnt call me junior either. U have no idea. Lawyers rnt that dumb
Have fun witht that massively powerful forward line next year. POWERHOUSE

Seriously how can u be happy with hodge when u could have got judd. Sure, i do agree that hodge will be a fine player, but never in the league of judd. U must surely realise this.

sinepari said:
Seriously how can u be happy with hodge when u could have got judd. Sure, i do agree that hodge will be a fine player, but never in the league of judd. U must surely realise this.

go back and find some articles in 2001, they were about either Hodge or Ball going number 1, some had Polak and a little less had Judd, so what you say now, is of no relevance as it is hindsight. Why do you need to come here and tell us this, is it that you don't want Judd?!?!?! well if we finish bottom will take him of your hand for free okay ;)

sinepari said:
Isnt it great how we reward very mediocre performances with extra drafts. Very deserving of the great years ahead hawthorn.

:rolleyes: go get yourself the vfl/afl ladder and do some research and tell me how often every team wins 6+ games a season, the afl loves the PP, otherwise they wouldn't have introduced it, btw you guys got one as well.

im sorry that judd is better than hodge and that the eagles will finish ahead of the hawks next year. I really am.
I was actually talking about priority picks in the first place, i wasnt disputing ur number 2 pick

sinepari said:
I was actually talking about priority picks in the first place, i wasnt disputing ur number 2 pick

pointless, like i said go get yourself the vfl/afl ladder for the last 2 decades, the history is their, and it shows the afl wants to hand them out.

If we can pick up someone like a Ben Sharp or Andrew McQualter (two rougheads and hard at it sort of players) and maybe Fabian DeLuca (tall co-ordinated ruckman) then we should do alright. All things being equal in the draft then yeah we should pick up a few goodies. Go Hawks!

sinepari said:
Isnt it great how we reward very mediocre performances with extra drafts. Very deserving of the great years ahead hawthorn.

like your team has never finished near the bottom before, with mediocre performances to boot, hmm chris judd and sampi wirapunda, mcdougal, Gardiner, banfield. only a few of these players were picks traded to you by targetting freo and other clubs. all picks for being crap now does this bring you back memories.

Hows this guy comin on our board and sayin ordinary crap like that. Im sick of all these W@nkers butting in and havin there say when really, we couldnt give a stuff what they think.

sinepari said:
Seriously how can u be happy with hodge when u could have got judd.

I felt like answering this one for a 2nd time so here it is just for you:

Seriously how could you draft Brendan Hill in 98, when the next pick went on Lenny Hayes, what were your recruiting people thinking?

At least Hodge is an AFL player, that is a lot more then the great Brendan Hill

sinepari said:
If u actually spent more than 2 seconds looking at the reasons for our success u will quickly identify that the main catalyst for our success, and greater success to come, is fine drafting when we finished high on the laddier.
The reason for the great success was the fact that the state team was playing for the Eagles (which Hawthorn beat in the 91 grand final). This allowed the Eagles to build a big supporter base in the state that will never be erroded. On a side note how can you be happy with only two premierships. That Eagles team would have won 4-5 if it wasn't for Malthouse.

sinepari said:
Wouldnt call me junior either. U have no idea. Lawyers rnt that dumb
Actually most lawyers spend most of their time memorising cases for use. They actually don't have to use their brains that much only remember when someone else did it. A small percentage of you actually do the work of creating new and different cases while the rest of you ride on their coat tails. Also your spelling and grammar are atrocious. (and if you went to UWA then you'd know what profession I'm in)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fishbowl said:
Premiers in 2005

You and schwab should go out for dinner sometime, you have alot in common its almost romantic. these are the calls that leave me and other supporters on this site open for a good old fasioned bagging by other people.
lets try and be a touch realistic. ;)

Jimmy Boy I admire your loyality and passion but jesus christ wake up and smell the grass mate we have a long road ahead before we even start knocking on the door of the 8.

As for you commenting on peoples negativity I am yet to see it I think it is peoples differing opinions on the future of the club and quite frankly i find these post to be constructive criticism.

sinepari said:
If u actually spent more than 2 seconds looking at the reasons for our success u will quickly identify that the main catalyst for our success, and greater success to come, is fine drafting when we finished high on the laddier. Wouldnt call me junior either. U have no idea. Lawyers rnt that dumb

Bignoting yourself on a website. Wow, and you wonder why i call you junior...

Did i ever say i thought Hodge was better than Judd? I said i was quite happy with Hodge, and i am.

If you don't understand the point i was making, you sir, are an ass.

As for being a lawyer, most lawyers, or law students have a basic understanding of grammar and the use of apostrophes.

In your language -> Do u no wat i'm trying 2 say?

My Man Croad said:
Jimmy Boy I admire your loyality and passion but jesus christ wake up and smell the grass mate we have a long road ahead before we even start knocking on the door of the 8.

As for you commenting on peoples negativity I am yet to see it I think it is peoples differing opinions on the future of the club and quite frankly i find these post to be constructive criticism.

Mate i like what your saying and i understand it. I know its a long road ahead, however its always going to be. You may aswell have hope and expectations rather than concede and say were "rebuilding" sure where developing but so is every other list in the AFL every team is rebuilding and example of this is Port Power they now hav2 face losing carr, francou to injury they hav2 rebuild a midfield with the likes of cassisi, salopek and ebert. Yet they won the premiership.

All im saying is you can be succesful while developing a list, and i think we can do that next year. Realistically we wont make the finals, we all know that but do we really have to say. It hurtens me just to mention it.

Jimmy you are just experiencing what a lot of us experienced earlier on this season. Disgust and Dispair.

I for one hope next season is a darn sight better that 04 and with the sacking of Schwab and the interesting trade week we can only hope it can't sink any lower.

My year has been filled with sadness but you just go on in hope, but at the same time be realistic about it.

Hope you feel better soon.

sinepari said:
im sorry that judd is better than hodge and that the eagles will finish ahead of the hawks next year. I really am.

Tell someone who cares.

Hawthorn are trying building a great team yes but that wont be next year or the year after. Yes we have the kids likes of Hodge,Mitchell,Williams,Ladson,Brown,Ries,Bateman already lets hope next year we can add the names Boyle,Brennan,kane plus our No. 2,5,7,21,26 draft picks to that list but not yet. If we finish in the same spot next year as this year and the players go hard as at the ball and have a great game plan but lack the players to pull it off ill be happy. As players we have this year may be used to trade next who would have through Thomo whould have been traded at the start of the season. And here is a blast from the past who remembers the Holy Moley article writen by Greard Healy a few years back in the Heraldsun about Hawthorn's next prem side how many of that team is still with as not many and there is more holes in the team now then back then.

Has any one taken any notice of Zac Dawson? Seen him play a few times for Box Hill and looks like a good player.Is a 195cm and could b a good KPP. Any thoughts of him playing a AFL game next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn will have a top list in 2005!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back