Heads up we at least play a final

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda away would not be too bad of an option. At least then our two bogey teams Adelaide and Collingwood would probably play, and knock one of them out.

Collingwood is my second favourite because it is at home, and the confidence boost it would give the guys.

Although, I still wouldn't mind finishing fourth and having all the results go our way :D

Just imagine this scenario
Port gets up over North
Crows beat Dogs
Swans beat Lions
& Saints beat Bombers
That means we finish 6th with a home final equal on points with......Kangaroos
OUCH! THE IRONY!

Just imagine this scenario
Port gets up over North
Crows beat Dogs
Swans beat Lions
& Saints beat Bombers
That means we finish 6th with a home final equal on points with......Kangaroos
OUCH! THE IRONY!

Meh! i like this scenario more

Port to beat North
Dogs to beat Crows
Swans to beat Lions
Bombers to beat Saints

And that means Swans Finsh 4th on percentage over North!:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda away would not be too bad of an option. At least then our two bogey teams Adelaide and Collingwood would probably play, and knock one of them out./quote]

St. Kilda would definately be the best outcome for us in week 1. Very happy that the Pies went down, as it means we probably won't run into them - Unless we win, and two of the Saints/Crows/North lose. May draw Adelaide though which is hardly much better. Fingers crossed!

Meh! i like this scenario more

Port to beat North
Dogs to beat Crows
Swans to beat Lions
Bombers to beat Saints

And that means Swans Finsh 4th on percentage over North!:D:D

Bahaha! The uproar that'd cause! I can just imagine how feral the North supporters would get. :p

I'm sure it's the same with the Tiger's supporters if we lose to the Lions and they beat the Dees.

i generally hate what ifs, but if only we had won a couple more games we would have been clear 4th, but then any team from 4-8 I guess could say that. forget I said anything, except to say, we arent that far off, Cats excluded

Wow... coming into this round I thought to myself: out of the four needed to go our way, Doggies and Bombers are the only two with a chance - and they haven't played yet!! We have a real chance now!!

I don't give a damn about our shakey form, we are a DAMN good Finals team. We play well under the pressure - last year was an abhorrance considering it was the Pies.

Think: in 03 we beat Port in the Qualifying, in 04 we smashed West Coast in an Elim, in 05 we won, in 06 we upset Eagles at home and went on to win! Every year under Roos we have played very well in the Finals except last year, and we bring the most Finals experience to the table!

Even if we play youngsters, they'll get confidence from the veterans of our Finals campaigns.

I think if we finish 4th we're a real chance agains the Cats! They looked kind of ordinary against the Weagle - they won by quite a bit, but not as much as expected; plus Stokes might be suspended.

stage2 complete. I think doggies will win, and maybe Ess over Saints, but our biggest obstacle is ourselves tonite. Time will tell.

wouldnt it be ironic to finish 4th after all the crap thats been hung on us the past few weeks. But once again, it would only be by default, not through worthy form or effort.

I think if we finish 4th we're a real chance agains the Cats! They looked kind of ordinary against the Weagle - they won by quite a bit, but not as much as expected; plus Stokes might be suspended.

Mother of God! I like the enthusiasm mate, but I don't know where the hell you get it from! Given our form over the past 2 months, we'll be lucky to scrape by the Lions tonight, let alone challenge the Geelong juggernaut (in the unlikely event that both the Saints and Crows lose). Remember - we're a team that have won two games from our last 8 starts, both of them by less than a kick against bottom eight teams. We've been bottom 4 material since the bye round - fortunately we put enough teams away in the first half of the season to secure a finals berth.

I agree that we've been a very good finals side since '03, but this year has been more akin to last year than anything previous. Hope you're right of course :)

A win by 60-something points is a little better than expected, too bad about the Doggies though.

Best possible outcome would be Saints to win by 95+, and grab top four, because then Crows would play Pies and one of our bogie sides would be out AND we wouldn't play them until Grand Final Day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Heads up we at least play a final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back