Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

The media GUESSED it was a 21 day injury based on what the club said (two firth of **** all really).

If he completes training at full pace he is an upgrade on Fox.
Not sure he is though. Is he a better overall player? Yep.
Is he particularly what our defense needs given we have Rampe doing a similar job? Not as clear.

As I noted above...

"'Fox's speed to get out of trouble and transition the footy to the open side when he collects it at ground level' which I think is massively under rated when he plays back and brings the likes of McInerney, Gulden and Warner's run better into the game, and Heeney's marking on the end of it all."

Mills is solid in most aspects of play, but he does slow the play down compared to Fox, more of wait....wait...wait.....kick it down the line to a contest (that we are lucky to halve). Or a handball from the mark to players still closer to congestion.

If Mills is essential, how did we go on a massive win spree without him (and with Fox mostly?), and start crapping the bed more or less when Mills came back (without fox mostly)? 🤔

Is he particularly what our defense needs given we have Rampe doing a similar job? Not as clear.

As I noted above...

"'Fox's speed to get out of trouble and transition the footy to the open side when he collects it at ground level' which I think is massively under rated when he plays back and brings the likes of McInerney, Gulden and Warner's run better into the game, and Heeney's marking on the end of it all."

Mills is solid in most aspects of play, but he does slow the play down compared to Fox, more of wait....wait...wait.....kick it down the line to a contest (that we are lucky to halve). Or a handball from the mark to players still closer to congestion.

If Mills is essential, how did we go on a massive win spree without him (and with Fox mostly?), and start crapping the bed more or less when Mills came back (without fox mostly)? 🤔

Mills played in 5 wins 2 losses. 71.4%

Fox. 12-5. 70.5%

If its about wins and losses and which played

Gotta agree. That Standing O was really something else. Sadly, looking at the replay, I'm not sure the TV coverage captured it at all.

We do our thing as supporters on game day. We cheer, and vent and carry on, each making our own contribution to the community goals and aspirations. Lifting players, correcting umpires, trying to put opponents off their game. Then, on the siren, we unite to sing our community song.

To rise as one and applaud, while the game is still in progress, can only be seen, not as the celebration of a moment or an individual, but as a salute to the team that actually represents our community.

Maybe I'm getting old and soppy but I felt quite emotional about it all.
Great post. Thanks.

Bonz is on a roll and is booked for the GF Prelim Thread.

NOT that we're superstitious or anything like that.

I hate doing them, was 100% joking

Bonz is on until we finish the three peat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not like Mills has been lighting it up for months...he's had one good game for the year.
Talk of him being selected is reidiculous.

They went ok in junk time. They were soundly beaten in the first half.
First use of the footy remains the team's achilles heel.

I have big reservations on our KPFs bailiing them out against the much better defenses of Brissy or Geelong. The Port defense we faced last night probably the weakest in prelim in recent history.

We simply won't win unless we address the clearances issue in a big way IMO. That might involve Adams in for Campbell.
Let's just not turn up - already a lost cause.

As I noted above...

I don’t think either of them are the difference maker, at least for 2024.

But if Mills is fit, his leadership alone will get him in over Fox.

I am expecting him to play.

I hope you're right and I'm just being overly anxious.
Can we have TWO halves of Warner winning 5 clearances on Saturday? Will go a long way toward us winning IMO.
Don't get me wrong, it's frustrating seeing the opposition waltz it out of the stoppage but I've always got confidence that the 3 stars can break the game in other ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back