Cancelled
10k Posts
Apr 27, 2005
8th place
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Ham, Tony Pulis hat
As reported on Channel 10 and 6PR before. Black to retire effective immediately tomorrow. Makes number 4 for your lot. Wont be any delistings this year.

As reported on Channel 10 and 6PR before. Black to retire effective immediately tomorrow. Makes number 4 for your lot. Wont be any delistings this year.

Gone:
Justin Longmuir
Peter Bell
Matthew Carr
Heath Black

Going:
Shaun McManus

Hopefully going:
Mark Johnson'

Thats 6 gone before we get to delisting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how badly has heath handled this

he is obviously retiring subject to financial settlement

does that mean he is prepared to stay on the list next year if the settlement is not satisfactory

he hasn't even told the players or harvey - what a circus he has created

how badly has heath handled this

he is obviously retiring subject to financial settlement

does that mean he is prepared to stay on the list next year if the settlement is not satisfactory

he hasn't even told the players or harvey - what a circus he has created

Agreed it's been pretty poorly handled - I guess that's what happens when you work for media organisations though. It does look as though he's willing to make himself available for the remainder of the season at least, given the long injury/retirement list we already have.

Blacky just wants what he probably felt is owed to him. He probably took less money for this year for a 2 year contract, so he probably feels he is entitled to it. Lets not get all Carlton on him, just pay him out.

FREMANTLE defender Heath Black has confirmed he is on the verge of walking away from AFL.

Black, who is contracted until the end of 2010, is in talks with the club and his manager to work out the best exit strategy.

He denied today he had already announced his retirement ``effective immediately'', as reported by the Seven Network last night, but said it was unlikely he would play another game for the Dockers.

``They (effective immediately) are the words I want to clarify, that's not the case,'' Black told Southern Cross Broadcasting this morning.

``I'm working through, with the footy club and my manager Paul Connors, the best scenario for me moving forward and we are doing that on a day-to-day basis. That's effectively where it's at.

``I'm contracted for next year and with that in place, obviously you can imagine there's some things we have to work through financially and stuff like that, to work out the best possible scenario for the Fremantle footy club and myself.''

Black, who has a shoulder injury and is also battling a degenerative hip problem, said he would join his teammates at training tomorrow.

The 29-year-old has played just six matches this year, the last of which came against Brisbane in round 11 when he copped a two-match ban for striking the Lions' Troy Selwood.

Looks like hes gone

Blacky just wants what he probably felt is owed to him. He probably took less money for this year for a 2 year contract, so he probably feels he is entitled to it.

i agree but sort it out and inform those that matter before speaking to the media if half riddles

"The 29-year-old has played just six matches this year, the last of which came against Brisbane in round 11 when he copped a two-match ban for striking the Lions' Troy Selwood."

Well, if your last action on an AFL field is to snot someone, it may as well be a member of that family.:thumbsu:

Good on him I say, at least he's thinking about whats right for the club.
Would be good to see him pursue a career in the media..finally get someone else apart from just Ben Allan sticking up for us:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Heath Black to retire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back