Heathcote DFL part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well being one of the LBU boys on the ute I can tell you that after the game most of us left straight away and headed into town then back to Locky. I havnt heard of any of the boys getting into a blue and the stuff we yelled out (well from most of the boys) was directed at the people who we knew (played footy with in the past). Dont get the LBU boys confused with the people in the ute next to us! I think Roota copped the most "abuse", and the umps knew every time he got the ball!

Maybe some abuse was thrown but maybe the players should not of given them the bird or mouthed off as it was only going to make things worse. I was yelling out and it was a bit of fun and if we offended anybody I apoligise, didnt mean to hurt anybodies feelings. The club didnt condone us going and drinking heaps of beers, it was just a few players so done blame the club, after all its not as if they gave us the piss.
Maybe some of the abuse being thrown by a few locky blokes was because they aren't coming back next year nesko and thought they would take the most of their opportunity to throw some crap while they could!

The Tibbinator has been in excile however he is back!

latest rumour comes from inside the square with two well known players looking to package themselves up and head 40ks up the northern highway.

Cash, chopper: yes!

the tibbinator hears rumours

1992 Preliminary Final it was Mounts vs Colbo. Colbo led by 5 goals at half time before Mounts reeled them in and won. The fight was near the fence in front of the clubrooms plenty of Heathcote blokes come over but no one tried their luck with Birdy.
Love your work Troy! You would have been knee high to a grasshopper back then...Would anyone want to have a crack at Birdy?

Love your work Troy! You would have been knee high to a grasshopper back then...Would anyone want to have a crack at Birdy?

Early 90's Echuca south vs Gunbower , Gilbert Wanganeen yellow carded for what was reputed to be a pretty resonable right to the nose of one Bruce Bird who was couching Gunny at the time . I remember thinking at the time there could be pets murdered out of this , but to my and everyones suprise Bird went on to get best on without any remonstration .

Early 90's Echuca south vs Gunbower , Gilbert Wanganeen yellow carded for what was reputed to be a pretty resonable right to the nose of one Bruce Bird who was couching Gunny at the time . I remember thinking at the time there could be pets murdered out of this , but to my and everyones suprise Bird went on to get best on without any remonstration .
ue the opposi
Very good point. Birdy could fight but he was also a really damaging player who could win his own ball and use it.

Saw this on the RDFL website...thought it may be of some interest. Is this the final hurdle BFNC need? Will they have to change from the Roos as well?

October 27
RDFL Special Meeting – Vote for the acceptance of Broadford FNC to affiliate with the RDFL

Maybe some of the abuse being thrown by a few locky blokes was because they aren't coming back next year nesko and thought they would take the most of their opportunity to throw some crap while they could!

Thats an interesting comment. From what I have been told majority of this years recruits have signed on for next year. The ones that might be leaving are the locals that have played at locky since under 14s and still live in or nearby, dont think so Go Gully. Until you can give me names and how you found out I wont believe your rumors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats an interesting comment. From what I have been told majority of this years recruits have signed on for next year. The ones that might be leaving are the locals that have played at locky since under 14s and still live in or nearby, dont think so Go Gully. Until you can give me names and how you found out I wont believe your rumors

It may be the reason Locky could only get 9 blokes to go on their footy trip. Something ins't right there????

It may be the reason Locky could only get 9 blokes to go on their footy trip. Something ins't right there????

I believe it was 10 MtMen. I think it was more of not getting organised. Only finalised date and destination about 2 weeks ago so it was a bit hard for blokes to get time off work etc. Most of the "old heads" didnt go, so are you trying to suggest Newth, small, fellow, barsby, pritch, sims etc arnt playing at LBU next year because they wernt on the footy trip? Alot of the young boys went which was good. Personaly i didnt go as I have a study trip for a month through america/europe/asia and need to save, as is they case with a fair few of the boys.

Dont read to much into the footy trip, it was lack of organisation rather than people not wanting to go.

I believe it was 10 MtMen. I think it was more of not getting organised. Only finalised date and destination about 2 weeks ago so it was a bit hard for blokes to get time off work etc. Most of the "old heads" didnt go, so are you trying to suggest Newth, small, fellow, barsby, pritch, sims etc arnt playing at LBU next year because they wernt on the footy trip? Alot of the young boys went which was good. Personaly i didnt go as I have a study trip for a month through america/europe/asia and need to save, as is they case with a fair few of the boys.

Dont read to much into the footy trip, it was lack of organisation rather than people not wanting to go.
Hey Nesko, Pritchard and Baker have re-signed and hearing lots of rumours of quite a few wanting to jump on-board ???

have to agree with nesko, it was lack or organizing. farva tried his hardest to get assistance but turned out he did it all himself. didnt do much fundraising for the trip either. 10 people went, all 10 enjoyed it. Remaining players were as nesko said, busy and/or trying to save money. as far as i know, recruiting is well under way and hopefully we can fill the positions that we require so have can have a good chance of finishing at least one step closer next year.

have to agree with nesko, it was lack or organizing. farva tried his hardest to get assistance but turned out he did it all himself. didnt do much fundraising for the trip either. 10 people went, all 10 enjoyed it. Remaining players were as nesko said, busy and/or trying to save money. as far as i know, recruiting is well under way and hopefully we can fill the positions that we require so have can have a good chance of finishing at least one step closer next year.

2nd? why not aim for top and premiership. You need a key forward, an onballer and another pinch hitter forward/back. If you retain most of the players wont need too many.

2nd? why not aim for top and premiership. You need a key forward, an onballer and another pinch hitter forward/back. If you retain most of the players wont need too many.

One step closer is the granny so I think that would be a good aim but I dont think Pritch has even thought about that as recruiting is not done yet and no one knows how the other teams are shaping up, arnt colbo still partying?

I think the shopping list includes a ruckman, full forward/CHF, classy rover and a versitile CHB/forward

i believe i said at least one step closer, no need to start an argument on how cocky locky are by saying that we are going to win it. im sure every team in every league aim is to make and win the grand final.

One step closer is the granny so I think that would be a good aim but I dont think Pritch has even thought about that as recruiting is not done yet and no one knows how the other teams are shaping up, arnt colbo still partying?

I think the shopping list includes a ruckman, full forward/CHF, classy rover and a versitile CHB/forward

can guarantee that all teams will be well into their recruiting and finding the players that they require. pre season will one the cards for some teams within the next 8 weeks nesko....

can guarantee that all teams will be well into their recruiting and finding the players that they require. pre season will one the cards for some teams within the next 8 weeks nesko....

So feathers has got the local's team into training? Bout time you did a ore-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back