Heathcote DFL part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt you dill. You are kidding aren't you??

Saying an opponent doesn't know how to win and that Broadford weren't great, but hey, Huntly tried???

I doubt you were at the game, but Huntly were the better side for 95 of the 100 minutes. Unfortunately, Taylor got a couple of iffy's late in the game to put the Roos in front.

My point is, the Broadford coach should have a look at his list before saying another can't win. Broadford aren't that good and I look forward to travelling down there after our guys have played a few more games together.

doona comes across a good bloke, and perhaps he was mis-quoted. I just think it was a time to say, "both teams played really well. It was great game of footy and we got across the line." Not say Huntly played really well, but his team was average. That is a total load of crap. It took everything Broadford had to beat Huntly on Saturday. They were lucky to get the points.

Saying an opponent doesn't know how to win and that Broadford weren't great, but hey, Huntly tried???

I doubt you were at the game, but Huntly were the better side for 95 of the 100 minutes. Unfortunately, Taylor got a couple of iffy's late in the game to put the Roos in front.

My point is, the Broadford coach should have a look at his list before saying another can't win. Broadford aren't that good and I look forward to travelling down there after our guys have played a few more games together.

doona comes across a good bloke, and perhaps he was mis-quoted. I just think it was a time to say, both teams played really well. It was great game of footy and we got across the line. Not say Huntly played really well, but his team was average. That is a total load of crap. It took everything Broadford had to beat Huntly on Saturday. They were lucky to get the points.

CountryFooty,

Get it together my friend. Huntly are travelling just as well as last year. Stop being happy with near misses. They are still zip on the winners board. As far as I am concerned Huntly are so far off it again this year. Heathcote proved that.

doona comes across a good bloke, and perhaps he was mis-quoted. I just think it was a time to say, both teams played really well. It was great game of footy and we got across the line. Not say Huntly played really well, but his team was average. That is a total load of crap. It took everything Broadford had to beat Huntly on Saturday. They were lucky to get the points.
Sounds like your the dill!
Obvously Broadford didnt play well!! They would be very happy to get the points but dissapointed with how they went about it. If asked the Broadford coach should say what he thinks.
You bloke are the ones that need to have a look at yourselves. Getting into a winning situation and not getting the points is a sign of a poor side. At the end of the season you can look back and say we should have won that game or we could have won that one.

great effort from the Hawks on Saturday. hopefully they get a big sniff of how close they were and continue the fight.

doona, I hope you weren't quoted correctly in the Bendigo Addy today. don't think this was too appropriate.
"We weren't great, but that's taking nothing away from Huntly"
"at the end of the day they probably just didn't know how to win"

As I said though, there is plenty of improvement in the Hawks, so hopefully they kick on.

Country footy it may have been the case indeed, we don't get the Addy down here so anychance u can PM me with the review of our game. I got a call about 5.30pm Satdy night driving home, was relieved and excited and tried to give as much info as I could before the phone dropped out. If it has read that way then Im truly apologetic to all involved. I did ask the 3 forms of media I spoke to (the Addy, Darts at the Fresh and our HDFL guy Troy) to please sing Huntly's praises and say we definately got outa jail and that we in fact felt like party poopers as everyone present was there to see Huntly hopefully break thru.

That reason (party poopers) was why we waited so long on the other side of the ground and I clearly asked my boys to not get excited or carry on as I thought the Hawks were great and were obviously gutted having led us all day . . . . I'm sure Wok or BigDog08 will bak me up on this.

I wont deny quietly saying at 3/4 qtr time to the lads that perhaps that's why they'd gone so long without a win - and if we get more than a kick in front they could crumble. History will show that I was wrong and twice they regained the lead which show's great spirit and fight, when in fact I berrated my lads for getting jittery and keeping the ball alive with handball late - seems we were the one's that nearly coughed it up. Maybe there was some inexperience from a few in the dying minutes but Im not one to show disrespect.

Again I apologise for how it has obviously read :(

Was at heathcote on the weekend and they played all over colbo. Very well drilled team and they have a lot of good processes in place during the game.

Colbo won't go too far until they realize that it doesn't matter who kicks the goals, as long as they get kicked - alot of snaps and long shots not even getting close. A lot of players wanting to rack up cheap stats and get their names in the paper - they need to share the ball and give first options.

I don't know why Colbo try and rotate their midfield from the bench - watching a little too much AFL.... In this league, no need to bench quality players after the first 10 - 15 mins of each quarter and then get smashed in the centre. Should leave quality players on and change in the forward/backline.

Was at heathcote on the weekend and they played all over colbo. Very well drilled team and they have a lot of good processes in place during the game.

Colbo won't go too far until they realize that it doesn't matter who kicks the goals, as long as they get kicked - alot of snaps and long shots not even getting close. A lot of players wanting to rack up cheap stats and get their names in the paper - they need to share the ball and give first options.

I don't know why Colbo try and rotate their midfield from the bench - watching a little too much AFL.... In this league, no need to bench quality players after the first 10 - 15 mins of each quarter and then get smashed in the centre. Should leave quality players on and change in the forward/backline.

Care to elaborate johnny?

Rotation of midfileders from the bench will only work if players work %100 while on the ground. Country footballers are not trained to work at such a hard work rate for 5 to 10 min spells and the game doesnt move quick enough. If colbo are using it it may be because their players are not fit enough for football. Much better and less of a time waister if you rest your player foward!

I don't know why Colbo try and rotate their midfield from the bench - watching a little too much AFL.... In this league, no need to bench quality players after the first 10 - 15 mins of each quarter and then get smashed in the centre. Should leave quality players on and change in the forward/backline.[/quote]

I think this quote is a little silly my friend. Does it really matter where the good players are resting? Forward or bench? If they are not in the middle and thats the reason for them getting smashed it wouldn't matter. You will most likely find its a three way swap. On ballers to the bench for a rest, small forwards onto the ball for a stint and bench players go up forward. or something to that effect. Im not sure that this is the reason that Colbo got beaten on the weekend. Colbo are a quality outfit and the result could easily be reversed in the next outing. Heathcote had a good day and yes they are well drilled. Colbo had a quiet day.

I think this quote is a little silly my friend. Does it really matter where the good players are resting? Forward or bench? If they are not in the middle and thats the reason for them getting smashed it wouldn't matter. You will most likely find its a three way swap. On ballers to the bench for a rest, small forwards onto the ball for a stint and bench players go up forward. or something to that effect. Im not sure that this is the reason that Colbo got beaten on the weekend. Colbo are a quality outfit and the result could easily be reversed in the next outing. Heathcote had a good day and yes they are well drilled. Colbo had a quiet day.

There is a difference between resting quality players in the forward line and on the bench. A good player can still get a kick in a forward line and possibly influence a game.

Not saying that is why colbo lost at all, however think it is a silly setup in the HDFL. Colbo lost because they didn't share the ball and didn't have a plan B when getting beaten. Stuck with the same setup all day with no success and didn't try anything. Colbo also didn't man up the players in the centre or behind the clearances. Heathcote constantly went backwards to setup at the clearances and this wasn't addressed at all.

From what I saw, Colbo are fit so they should stay on the ground. The top 5 - 8 players shouldn't need to come off (unless totally stuffed or injured) at all in my opinion.

Broadford Coach Chris Nolan was counting his lucky stars following the match ” We got out of jail no doubt about that. I guess to be able to tough out a win whilst not exactly producing a four quarter effort was some consolation although we felt like the party poopers as everyone there was hoping to see Hammo’s boys breakthrough”

from www.**********************

Care to elaborate johnny?

A few of the colbo boys got dragged on not handing off, trying to do too much, and there is only so many tackles you can try to break before you get pinged.... When you don't reward runners - guess what - they stop running. You can only burn players so many times before they stop giving options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great effort from the Hawks on Saturday. hopefully they get a big sniff of how close they were and continue the fight.

doona, I hope you weren't quoted correctly in the Bendigo Addy today. don't think this was too appropriate.

"We weren't great, but that's taking nothing away from Huntly"
"at the end of the day they probably just didn't know how to win"

As I said though, there is plenty of improvement in the Hawks, so hopefully they kick on.

I wouldn't think Doona has anything to apologise for. We should priase him up for being open and honest. How boring is it to read the same old cliches from every coach saying the same thing week in, week out?

Fact of the matter is Huntly's last win was Round 2 29/4/2006
Huntly 17.9.111 def White Hills 12.7.79. Before that it was Round 16 23/7/2005 Huntly 13.7.85 def Elmore 10.10.70. The equates to 1 win in nearly 1000 days and 763 days since there last win.

What was said was nothing malicious just the harsh reality that the Huntly FC is in at the moment.

Country footy it may have been the case indeed, we don't get the Addy down here so anychance u can PM me with the review of our game. I got a call about 5.30pm Satdy night driving home, was relieved and excited and tried to give as much info as I could before the phone dropped out. If it has read that way then Im truly apologetic to all involved. I did ask the 3 forms of media I spoke to (the Addy, Darts at the Fresh and our HDFL guy Troy) to please sing Huntly's praises and say we definately got outa jail and that we in fact felt like party poopers as everyone present was there to see Huntly hopefully break thru.

That reason (party poopers) was why we waited so long on the other side of the ground and I clearly asked my boys to not get excited or carry on as I thought the Hawks were great and were obviously gutted having led us all day . . . . I'm sure Wok or BigDog08 will bak me up on this.

I wont deny quietly saying at 3/4 qtr time to the lads that perhaps that's why they'd gone so long without a win - and if we get more than a kick in front they could crumble. History will show that I was wrong and twice they regained the lead which show's great spirit and fight, when in fact I berrated my lads for getting jittery and keeping the ball alive with handball late - seems we were the one's that nearly coughed it up. Maybe there was some inexperience from a few in the dying minutes but Im not one to show disrespect.

Again I apologise for how it has obviously read :(

The story was fine. Country Footy is well out of line and out of context.

Lets take a look at his coaches comments.

Shane Hamilton:

"We've just got to learn to take our chances when they arrive"

"We panicked a couple of times in the last quarter, and that probably comes from a bit of inexperience."

"I was proud of the boys' efforts, but we just have to learn to get over the line."

The story was fine. Country Footy is well out of line and out of context.

Lets take a look at his coaches comments.

Shane Hamilton:

"We've just got to learn to take our chances when they arrive"

"We panicked a couple of times in the last quarter, and that probably comes from a bit of inexperience."

"I was proud of the boys' efforts, but we just have to learn to get over the line."

What do you mean by saying that Country Footy is out of line and out of context Rocket?

The only bloke to retire twice in the same year. Great effort you Nanga. Good round of footy today going by the results. Question for Mt. Men. Hope you haven't written your mob off because they lost today, probably an unnecessary statement half way in. Good work Doona, bad luck Hammo. Don't knock the gay chat rooms until you try them Hill Bully.

Don't think the statement was that over the top. Surely the results of both games tell a story, don't you think?? You can write us off if you won't, but I haven't done so.

My point was meant to be a simple one. That is that its a lot bloody harder to win a flag from 5th than it is from 3rd, and after Saturday its about 5th where we will be after the first half of the season. And even harder to win a flag from 6th!!! So every win against others in the 5 is an 8 point game (eg - LBU v Mounts and Colbo v Heathcote).

Everyone gets to the end of the year and stresses about the last 2 or 3 games, but its these games earlier in the season, against other contenders (8 point games) which are more important.

Country footy - your team goes out and wins a bit of respect by putting in a good show on Saturday, then you get on here complaining because everyone isn't patting you on the back for losing and you lose the respect??? Harden up. Don't accept a good loss, cop it on the chin and move on.

Mtmen, what went wrong on Saturday? Didn't see the game only the result. Are Mounts seriously in danger of dropping out of the five and losing touch or is that over dramatic.
Speaking to one of the white hills boys and they are very confident after Saturdays game, believe they can outscore Mts with there two key forwards as mounts have no match ups for them. When was the last time they missed finals?

Country footy - your team goes out and wins a bit of respect by putting in a good show on Saturday, then you get on here complaining because everyone isn't patting you on the back for losing and you lose the respect??? Harden up. Don't accept a good loss, cop it on the chin and move on.

I hear coach Carter had his jaw accidently broken against Heathcote on the weekend.
It seems Mounts have had a bad run with injuries so far this season.

Mtmen, what went wrong on Saturday? Didn't see the game only the result. Are Mounts seriously in danger of dropping out of the five and losing touch or is that over dramatic.
Speaking to one of the white hills boys and they are very confident after Saturdays game, believe they can outscore Mts with there two key forwards as mounts have no match ups for them. When was the last time they missed finals?

Not going to make excuses because Locky are a good young running side who have also topped up well this year. But on the injury front we have had up to 9 regular senior players missing from some games recently although most of those were back for Saturday, however they might have been a little underdone.

There is a difference between resting quality players in the forward line and on the bench. A good player can still get a kick in a forward line and possibly influence a game.

Not saying that is why colbo lost at all, however think it is a silly setup in the HDFL. Colbo lost because they didn't share the ball and didn't have a plan B when getting beaten. Stuck with the same setup all day with no success and didn't try anything. Colbo also didn't man up the players in the centre or behind the clearances. Heathcote constantly went backwards to setup at the clearances and this wasn't addressed at all.

From what I saw, Colbo are fit so they should stay on the ground. The top 5 - 8 players shouldn't need to come off (unless totally stuffed or injured) at all in my opinion.

What suprises me is that was seriously the worst i've seen Colbo play in the last 2-3 years and they only got beat by 23 points.
Take nothing away from Heathcote, but they would no themselves they got Colbo on a bad day.

What suprises me is that was seriously the worst i've seen Colbo play in the last 2-3 years and they only got beat by 23 points.
Take nothing away from Heathcote, but they would no themselves they got Colbo on a bad day.
They must have been bad then Dirk...didn't they finish in the bottom two or three a few years back?

Still dont understand what your point is. you said they "got smashed" in the centre when they come off for a rest. How can that player have an influence on the centre clearances when he is in the forward line?? Does it matter where he is. I see you point in leaving your best 22 on the park until they are stuffed, but i think you will find that the top 3-4 clubs in the HDLF who implement the three way swap with onballers coming off the ground would find this more effective than running there top onballer into the ground for the first half then he is stuffed for the last half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back