Heathcote DFL part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was told Andy is still making up his mind. Apparently he is another gun who gives key forwards a hard time. Was told Sth Bendigo and ycw were still in the running for his services.

On the Weekly boys, was told it was scott and russ the offer was made to as simon is on the bombers list, he may however choose mts as his home club as well. These boys were on a mint at sea lake so it appears mounts have well and truly slung open the cheque book.
how are old man russ' knees holding up these days

By the sounds Russ's knees are going ok Trent, unless u no more than ure letting on!!! It looks like being a great year in the HDFL, with Mounts and Heathcote clearly being the front runners at this stage!
the reigning premiers would have to be at least one of the the two front runners bar fridge

By the sounds Russ's knees are going ok Trent, unless u no more than ure letting on!!! It looks like being a great year in the HDFL, with Mounts and Heathcote clearly being the front runners at this stage!
Are you taking over the new role of Doona Fridge? What about your boys up near the river? Going along very nicely I hear and would be in the top two or three for favoritism at this early stage.;)

Very funny.3 locals coming back this year who have been away.Anyway i would say Locky would be odds on to win the flag this year and B/Ford to win the Riddell DFL flag;)

Final 4 this year, so 1 less to play finals. Locky & Mounts seem to have been on the recruiting drive pretty heavily, I will suggest that they will make up the 4 with Colbo & Heathcote. Haven't heard much about Elmore (I'm sure Nesko could tell me who should be playing there...:D)or North Bendigo, but both will be competitive again. North Bendigo are bound to pick up a few with a new coach.

Very funny.3 locals coming back this year who have been away.Anyway i would say Locky would be odds on to win the flag this year and B/Ford to win the Riddell DFL flag;)

Bloody hell Big Ump you're ruining my sticking up for you. Ive been telling a lot of people how well behaved you've been of late and how much you do know about local footy - and then you undo all that good work with two ridiculous statements like that.

Interesting year shaping up with bendigo league followers probably again surprised to see the quality of the players pulling on the boots in the HDFL.
How are teams shaping up??
Heathcote having gone so close looking very nice. Have snapped up a asst coach plus others. If their list stays close to last year it will be just up to them to realise that final step. Lost morgan which is big. ?? the Jess brothers moves. Cannot underestimate the value of those lads. Featherstone is still there i think. If he is not the outlook for the saints could well be way different. They undoubtedly had the team to do it last year and yet couldn't quite do it. Not so much a question of personel for them but a question of team plan, structure and stuff up top to master to get there. Going so close an knowing they can do it will undoubtedly be a big help and motivator for this year. Will take something special to pip them this year.
Colbo- well nobody had them up there at this stage of last year but they did it. There was talk of new recruits for this year back in mid year last year so i'm sure they will manage to get a team up there again. No silly and butch hill are massive dents and will take some replacing. Both massive losses in my book which will need some impressive recruiting to repair as well as Vale most likely not there this year.
Mounts- Have the big names on the board that they needed but need a fair bit to get to level capable of matching it with the others. Injuries last year may have fooled some into thinking they had dropped off the boil more than they actually have. With davies and davis starting to look a lot harder to match up on and what is left to come as the 2 d's seem to be following a lot of leads. Who have they lost as well as they may need a fair bit in what was an aged and slower unit last year. Carter gone, Roy shannon, Johnson, Doc Oconnell,Dalton gone; there is a lot of key position places to fill.
Nobody knows yet do they i guess unless they have more names on paper we don't know about. Hazard to say if davis can coach and play ok at the same time they will be up there.
Elmore- ?? more question marks. Hayes and schubert gone and who else?
Two of there biggest players gone and haven't heard of much coming in yet but still early days. May be a question of how much is left in the chequebook and how the players will align with Grant.
Lockington- had a very nice unit full of confidence last year that has just been injected with more talent after more. They have more than enough on paper to be very excited about. Need forward firepower which they seem to be picking up but similarly some of the other sides have some super talented backman so that remains a question mark for me.
Whitehills, Huntly and North all seem to be getting better year after year yet so is the top 4 to five. All will be better sides capable of and probably beating top 4 sides but not troubling for finals. Great depth now in competition.
Round 1 will start to tell us what is really happening. The draw also will now play a major role in defining 1,2,3,4and 5. The sides that each team has to play 3 times will more than likely alter positions on the ladder with number 1 and 2 being the prize. With a final 4 you can play once, win, have a rest then play off in the big one. Finish 3. Lose once and bye bye.
Who has the good draws or is it even?
Won't even attempt to predict winner as honestly don't know, can't separate them though i don't think elmore will be there.

An interesting year ahead for all of HDFL sides , I'm not willing to have a crack at who will win the premiership , although I reckon the final four at week one of the finals will go : LBU
heathcote
colbo
Mounts
But it is anyones game in finals , the only sure thing is there will be ute's backed up to the fence and the will be couch's on th back of them .

An interesting year ahead for all of HDFL sides , I'm not willing to have a crack at who will win the premiership , although I reckon the final four at week one of the finals will go : LBU
heathcote
colbo
Mounts
But it is anyones game in finals , the only sure thing is there will be ute's backed up to the fence and the will be couch's on th back of them .

One more Bendigo Bomber to play in the HDFL:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One more Bendigo Bomber to play in the HDFL:thumbsu:

Yeah I had heard you's offered young Anderson a good quid - reckon it will top ya's off and have ya's the team to beat alongside LBU, Colbo and the Mountain Men of Toolleen :thumbsu:

Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on P O'Brien who played at Colbo? Can he play if so what position?

Skinny little weed that looks like Ross Noble and is a nice guy to boot.

Oh, and is as fast as lightning and would've averaged 30 touches a game last year. Doesn't stop running.

Came 2nd in Premiership side B&F. Don't steal him please.

Hey guys, the mods are asking us to run a few comps in the threads to get participation levels up. Prizes will be offered such as platinum BF memberships etc. The ideas so far include a tipping comp, as the league looks to be quite even this year it may be interesting to do the tipping for the HDFL. Also may do a trivia similar to Chalkys in the yabba. If you have any ideas or questions feel free to message me.

Hey guys, the mods are asking us to run a few comps in the threads to get participation levels up. Prizes will be offered such as platinum BF memberships etc. The ideas so far include a tipping comp, as the league looks to be quite even this year it may be interesting to do the tipping for the HDFL. Also may do a trivia similar to Chalkys in the yabba. If you have any ideas or questions feel free to message me.

A spelling bee perhaps? ;)

I know the 2009 draw was in the addy about a month ago, was that a draft or the official draw?

Is there a copy of it online anywhere?

Cheers

Surely we can come up something associated with Big Ump :thumbsu:

Colbo start training on 20th January and seem to have topped up nicely with a few new players. Sam Hill is playing Southern Footy League and will be a loss but as long as Colbo can get Bubble ar se Wilson he will be more than a handy replacement at FF/CHF. He may need to ease up on the pies and beer for a couple of months though.
I believe most of the senior team from last year excluding about 3-4 are going around again.

what about the price is right ? you could guess what a player is paid on his performance . I wouldn't mind seeing it's a knock out, but I don't think my computer could handle Ricky May . :D On a serious note though , who dare's wins would work

Have heard the Mounts signing spree has continued with young Matt Johnson from Maryborough to run around tooleen this season but not until August due to basketball commitments..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back