Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit more recruiting mate and ya should get that down to 2-3 :p

When Broadford's population is 5, 10, sometimes 20 times larger than a lot of other clubs in the league you'd reckon they should have more local players that can regularly get a game in HDFL senoirs. To be honest Broadford should be competitive in the GVFL for a town of its size.

Pub golf sounds good lol.....Being a Echuca boy i no a gew of the locky boys.... u say only 4 didnt play thirds at LB in the prelim. Kirchhofer, M.Martin, S.Martin, Pritchett, Suffolk and wat bout Major and Smith? All come to mind.

Should have had a look at a team sheet instead of off the top of the noggin ...
Had only thought of the Martins boys x 2 plus Blair and Pritch.
For some reason thought Kirky played juniors but may have been brothers or cousins, Phil Smith played 3rds at LBU and The "Termite" Major well he that small you just forget about him :D

If they are struggling so much from the drought then why are they able to sign all these players? Brown from Flat would be on a packet, and these others from Melbourne that have been talked about on this thread wouldnt come up cheaply. I dont really think you know how it all works behind the scenes there Trigga. only 5 paid players???? bull********!

you might be surprised what brown actually signed for.

When Broadford's population is 5, 10, sometimes 20 times larger than a lot of other clubs in the league you'd reckon they should have more local players that can regularly get a game in HDFL senoirs. To be honest Broadford should be competitive in the GVFL for a town of its size.

3,500 people, a lot of middle aged to retiring types wont get us anywhere near capable of playing major league footy.

With little infastructure we're in the same boat as most small towns in that a lot of kids have to leave the area to find work or study. Our bonus is that we're 45-50 minutes from the city which gives most a chance to return home for a kick should they wish so.

Have been lucky for years with good juniors, but never really reaped the benefits at senior level. With a few tweaks here and there, a change of attitude who knows maybe that success may carry thru to senior level in the future.

Thought the same, maybe some guys are driven by the hope of success, finals footy etc - although Im sure he hasn't gone out there for nothing.

I've heard that Brown is close mates with Humphrey and Freeman. So I don't think money had anything to do with his signing to the mountain men. I think the bloke just wanted to enjoy his football again. Can you blame him???

How did the first training run go last night Doon? Good numbers? Any new recruits on show?

38 trained (few new faces), two seniors looked on and another 10 went to their effort of phoning me to aplogise for their absence. Must say the response has been overwhelming, but in saying that it means little if we only have 15 on Friday night.

Lets be honest, a lot of clubs wont start til Januaray but as I said last night a lots of clubs at present are above us on the ladder.

What exactly happened, I heard Roo overuled Hoppy for the final position in the grand final team . . . any truth? I reckon Hoppy is a great bloke, always says hi and has obviously been a terrific servant of footy up that way, but if the senior bloke has a dislike to him it will make for a long year.

Any predictions lads?

Basically Doon the team was picked on the thursday night, the Senior and Ass Coach stormed out unhappy with the team, then Friday lunch time a certain bloke was rang up by the senior coach and told he was in the team, the other out! How this exactly unfolded i'm not 100% sure mate, but it should of been finalised on the Thursday night! Hopefully for LBU it can be sorted out, cos they are two quality blokes!

is the big red head full forward from heathcote running around again this year ?
watched him last year great set of hands and huge kick. also is the man mountain dalton lining up again for mounts ?

Failed to increase his money? Webby hasn't been a paid player out at Mounts for about 2 years. As for signing with YC I can't confirm or deny it but as I've said before he is usually sniffing about this time of year to see what's on offer before committing to Mounts at the start of the new year.

Yeah he got reported and copped three weeks cos of his prior history due to being reported and suspended in the QF against Locky, despite having a clean tribunal record before then.
I can only pass on what i have been told by webby himself and like i said if you have money spend it but dont say everyone plays for the love of the club and mates because it just doesnt happen. You may get six or seven to do that but most players like some kanga.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heathcote Football Club season kicks off at the clubrooms on Sunday 10th December at 11.00am. With a meet the coaches day followed by a short run and then a BBQ lunch and a few beers.
All old and prospective players welcome.
Bring shorts and runners.
See you there.

I can only pass on what i have been told by webby himself and like i said if you have money spend it but dont say everyone plays for the love of the club and mates because it just doesnt happen. You may get six or seven to do that but most players like some kanga.

What ever you think Webby has told you get over it he hasn't been payed player for the two season deal with it, the only money he would have got would have been from votes.

Lets move on from this Webb and money topic, if he has gone to the LVFL then it aint relevant to this thread anymore really

Is it true stanhope want to join the heatcote league

It was discussed within the club at seasons end, but the Lions have found their spot in the KDFL and have some unfinished business to contend with after being robbed in the 2006 Grand Final.

Doona just wondering weather you guy are able to water your ground at the moment? went through Wallan about an hour ago and they had sprinklers going on there ground.

Doona just wondering weather you guy are able to water your ground at the moment? went through Wallan about an hour ago and they had sprinklers going on there ground.

Pretty sure Wallan have a bore which is why Greenhill Reserve is bright green still. We (Broadford) also have a bore at Harley Hammond so we should be right also

i'm not speaking s h i t this time but i heard last night that laurie angwin is heading up to cairns to play footy with the ex seymour coach. Is this true?

How is everyones grounds fairing at the moment? drove past heathcote's ground today and it's starting to look a bit brown, colbos ground was looking ok last week and mounts ground always looks bad this time of the year, but with no rain elmore may be the only ground fit to play on!

Yeah it's not looking real flash any where Trig unfortunately, not to many winners in a drought i'm afraid! I know Locky's ground is dry as chips at the minute, but they do have about 12 megs to use which should get them threw if they start watering late Jan early Feb! 12 megs would almost get you 10 Grand if you sold it at the moment! An absolute joke!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back