Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is one of the biggest loads of siht i have heard on this forum. Mounts annually make $50,000 (approx) a year from a farm that was bequethed to them by an older lady who unfortunately passed away.
You payed Adam Dalton $10,000 for 10 games UP FRONT and he missed 3. You are all the first people to mouth of about other clubs spending and you cant even admit to your own.
So your saying him and only 4 other people got paid at all????? BULL**********
The fact that you have the worst changerooms in the league is because you spend the money on players.
Stop crying poor no one believes it for a minute.
here here mounts spend money just like every other club, although only difference is they are the balranald of our comp. spend alot more than all the others. not having a dig but its a known fact. when/if this points structure is introduced the league will be much better off! my thoughts only.. any1 out there inform me how they grade the players would be intresting to know? do u get points allocated according to how u went the previous year. i.e best and fairest results etc.. which leagues u have played for etc. ?????:confused:

Max i didn't say mounts were struggling, I said we didn't have truck loads of money and wouldn't be able to depend on the local farming community as much, but that community will still help any way they can.
Bloodhound where do you get your $amounts from? 10,000 for ten games up front now thats a load of siht, go back to ********more hound!

here here mounts spend money just like every other club, although only difference is they are the balranald of our comp. spend alot more than all the others. not having a dig but its a known fact. when/if this points structure is introduced the league will be much better off! my thoughts only.. any1 out there inform me how they grade the players would be intresting to know? do u get points allocated according to how u went the previous year. i.e best and fairest results etc.. which leagues u have played for etc. ?????:confused:

I'm not exactly sure B&S, I think they've introduced this in the GV or are about to. I think every club is given somthing like 40 points or somthing and local players are worth 1 points and "imports" are 2 or 3 points. I'm not sure how they classify if they are local or not....id they were born in the town but have moved? Just moved to town? or if the live in another town, werent born in that town but have played heaps of games there. OTM or Doona will know,

The only problem I've got with this locals is what about if they cannot get enough locals to play for them. Colbo's population 130 or something, Elmore 900, mounts 12? Locky 300. It'll be hard for these teams.

im pretty certain Mounts only payed 5-6 players last season, very lucky to have some loyal quality quality footballers, who would walk into any of the Heathcote, some even Bendigo, clubs.

Dalton getting 10 grand for his games is purely rumour and speculation from people out there. not even the players at Pleasant know these types of details, so who would a random person on the net no this.

Now this is one of the biggest loads of siht i have heard on this forum. Mounts annually make $50,000 (approx) a year from a farm that was bequethed to them by an older lady who unfortunately passed away.
You payed Adam Dalton $10,000 for 10 games UP FRONT and he missed 3. You are all the first people to mouth of about other clubs spending and you cant even admit to your own.
So your saying him and only 4 other people got paid at all????? BULL**********
The fact that you have the worst changerooms in the league is because you spend the money on players.
Stop crying poor no one believes it for a minute.

Why dont you go back to the murky hole you came from internet geek:D All you do is talk ********!!!! Get a life!!!

Sorry b and s you could be incorrect in mounts spending more than any other club!! Its a known bar burp, not a known fact!!! The fact that they are successful must seem to create this way of thinking. (Like a lot of the talk that goes on on this site);) I reclkon all the top teams would be pretty even on spending terms, but how would i know for sure? In fact, how would anyone know any match payments from any opposition team (Or even all the payments from there own teams??) I doubt anyone in the league would know!!!

The only problem I've got with this locals is what about if they cannot get enough locals to play for them. Colbo's population 130 or something, Elmore 900, mounts 12? Locky 300. It'll be hard for these teams.

You're right nesko. This option was discussed several years ago when; 1 - it was widely known that all clubs were breaching the salary cap and; 2 - when I was around the league alot more.

It was mentioned in the first season that players who had played with the club the year before would be classed as locals as well as new players who resided in town, but it was only for the senior team. So the points spread would be just under the 2 points per player. My thinking would be that locals rated 1 and outsiders rated a three, otherwise you could be able to get away with having only three or four locals in the senior team and the remainder being outsiders (if they rated only 2 points).

Just for the record, mounts 2006 senior premiership players who played thirds at mounts:

Justin Gee, Jamie Gee, Will Johansen, Daniel "Poss" Kerr, Paul Nihill, Zac East. And yes, Dennis Ryan. Pretty handy line up of locals!!! Especially considering the blueboys 3rds usually struggle. Where do all the 'good' thirds teams players end up? And Matty Johnson lives at mounts too. So its not as if mounts "buy" premierships. They hold on to good players because they enjoy their time at the club. Not saying other clubs are any lesser, thats just the way it is!!!

Just for the record, mounts 2006 senior premiership players who played thirds at mounts:

Justin Gee, Jamie Gee, Will Johansen, Daniel "Poss" Kerr, Paul Nihill, Zac East. And yes, Dennis Ryan. Pretty handy line up of locals!!! Especially considering the blueboys 3rds usually struggle. Where do all the 'good' thirds teams players end up? And Matty Johnson lives at mounts too. So its not as if mounts "buy" premierships. They hold on to good players because they enjoy their time at the club. Not saying other clubs are any lesser, thats just the way it is!!!

Not bad diggidog ....
I know LBU had only 4 players who had not played 3rds at LBU in the 14 point senior Prelim loss to Mounts.
With the talk of the points system and salary cap, they (LBU) would sh$t it in with all the players coming up from 3rds and would spend the least out of all the HDFL teams.
We might not have to worry about it next season if we don't get some rain... perhaps a play-off of Pub Golf each Saturday throughout the winter.:D

Since you are willing to say that Mounts are spending a lot more than others, just wondering if you would be happy to quote the figures of all the clubs and the differences between - since it is a known fact and all.

Might as well kill a few birds with one stone...

Haha as if Webb is not a paid player! Fcuking Mounts have truckloads of money and i bet he would have been getting his fair share over the years!!

How much are they paying you Wildcard?

True Webby initially was a paid player when he first came out to Mounts but as both myself and Trigga said was not paid in the last two seasons.

Most players at Mounts play for bonuses, where after each game two 5,4,3,2,1 vote cards are read out, with each vote being worth money. Paid players are not eligible for these bonuses. Believe it or not guys but most players out at Toolleen play for bonuses.

Boys dont deny it, there are some very very rich people out at tooleen. I know for a fact that you boys make a bit off the land, you and Elmore did have a comp on who could get the most bails. Of course mounts always won. Didnt you get water trucked in before the bore (broady aswell?)? So how much do you think your club paid all up for its players, if it was only 4 players you would think it would be around $30,000. Then carters coaching payments.....

If Webby wasnt getting paid by mounts why would he keep shopping around to see how much $$$ he was offered then sign up at mounts, seems pointless to me!

Webby doesn't keep 'shopping around' as you put it Nesko, other clubs approach him and offer to pay him. As is the case for a bloke with a young family to look after the money is rather tempting, but in the past couple of years at least, he has turned the money down to play with mates and the chance to play in a highly successful team.

As for the straw, almost but not quite right Nesko, Elmore and Mounts have an ongoing bet that whoever wins the first match of the season between the two clubs is owed a semi load of straw by the losers.

here here mounts spend money just like every other club, although only difference is they are the balranald of our comp. spend alot more than all the others. not having a dig but its a known fact.

As for this one, how little most of you must know about our club! The fact that Mounts is a successful club does not mean we spend a truckload of money. The club is filled with loyal people who play for nothing combined with a few smart recruits to fill in the necessary gaps in the line-up. Yes, Mounts do spend money like all clubs but not nearly as much as many think. So don't go spruiking about "known facts" when you obviously don't know.

mary conroy was the lady who gave mounts her farm after she passed on.
donated decades of her life to the MPFC.

Well done Old Saint.
As a kid, I lived in the area many moons ago for a while (about 30 years ago!) :eek:
And the Conroys were a great community family then.
People like that are the life blood of country football teams.

Failed to increase his money? Webby hasn't been a paid player out at Mounts for about 2 years. As for signing with YC I can't confirm or deny it but as I've said before he is usually sniffing about this time of year to see what's on offer before committing to Mounts at the start of the new year. [quote]

Webby doesn't keep 'shopping around' as you put it Nesko, other clubs approach him and offer to pay him. As is the case for a bloke with a young family to look after the money is rather tempting, but in the past couple of years at least, he has turned the money down to play with mates and the chance to play in a highly successful team.
Mate you just contradicted ya self. If he wants to stay at mounts why doesn't he ask them for a bit of coin and tell the clubs chasing him he's not interested?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of HDFL Ressies news for anyone interested is that LBU will announce it's magoos coach in the next week, with 3 people being interviewed tomorrow night for the job. The 3 people who applied are Neil "Hoppy" Hopkins, Adam "Gumpy" Shawcross and Brendan Ryan! It will be interesting to see who is appointed with Hopkins and Senior coach "Roo" Byrne having a fall out at the end of last season!

Not bad diggidog ....
I know LBU had only 4 players who had not played 3rds at LBU in the 14 point senior Prelim loss to Mounts.
With the talk of the points system and salary cap, they (LBU) would sh$t it in with all the players coming up from 3rds and would spend the least out of all the HDFL teams.
We might not have to worry about it next season if we don't get some rain... perhaps a play-off of Pub Golf each Saturday throughout the winter.:D

Pub golf sounds good lol.....Being a Echuca boy i no a gew of the locky boys.... u say only 4 didnt play thirds at LB in the prelim. Kirchhofer, M.Martin, S.Martin, Pritchett, Suffolk and wat bout Major and Smith? All come to mind.

The Broadford side that beat Mounts by 10-11 goals last season boasted 18 players that represented the club at underage level - only Angwin, Finch and Marszel hadn't.

In 1996 there were 12 maybe 13 (unsure on Bunny Gleeson) players in the Roos premiership side that played thirds football for the club.

A bit of HDFL Ressies news for anyone interested is that LBU will announce it's magoos coach in the next week, with 3 people being interviewed tomorrow night for the job. The 3 people who applied are Neil "Hoppy" Hopkins, Adam "Gumpy" Shawcross and Brendan Ryan! It will be interesting to see who is appointed with Hopkins and Senior coach "Roo" Byrne having a fall out at the end of last season!

Thats good to hear BF. Hoppys record speaks for its self and Brendan did take the 3rds to 2 grannys in a row.

Not bad diggidog ....
I know LBU had only 4 players who had not played 3rds at LBU in the 14 point senior Prelim loss to Mounts.With the talk of the points system and salary cap, they (LBU) would sh$t it in with all the players coming up from 3rds and would spend the least out of all the HDFL teams.

Mounts 18.12 (120) def LBU 15.16 (106)

BONGIOVANNI, Matthew
BYRNE, Greg
DOBSON, Michael
HARRIS, Daniel
HAY, Brett
KIRCHHOFER, Heath
MAIN, Liam
MAJOR, Bradley
MARTIN, Matthew
MARTIN, Steven
MCINTYRE, Stephen
MUNDIE, Bradley
NEWTH, Sam
PALMER, Andrew
PRITCHETT, Rick
SHAWCROSS, Adam
SIMS, Adam
SMITH, Philip
STONE, Brett
SUFFOLK, Blair
VAN DEN BOSCH, Nigel

Of Elmore's 2nd semi side only 6 were "locals" (Hayes*2, Lecek, Childs, and Cowan and Crockett are rocky boys) but another 6 have played there for about 3-4 years.

What exactly happened, I heard Roo overuled Hoppy for the final position in the grand final team . . . any truth? I reckon Hoppy is a great bloke, always says hi and has obviously been a terrific servant of footy up that way, but if the senior bloke has a dislike to him it will make for a long year.

Any predictions lads?

Of Elmore's 2nd semi side only 6 were "locals" (Hayes*2, Lecek, Childs, and Cowan and Crockett are rocky boys) but another 6 have played there for about 3-4 years.

Bit more recruiting mate and ya should get that down to 2-3 :p

What exactly happened, I heard Roo overuled Hoppy for the final position in the grand final team . . . any truth? I reckon Hoppy is a great bloke, always says hi and has obviously been a terrific servant of footy up that way, but if the senior bloke has a dislike to him it will make for a long year.

Any predictions lads?

As a coach against Hoppy I agree Doona - a great bloke and always on for a chat. Would love to know who the bloke was that got the flick (heard it was on the Saturday morning of the grand final) and who was brought in. Would also like to know what happened and why Hoppy was over ruled.

There's a few things people need to remember when they constantly snipe clubs about the money they spend. The first one is that there is no salary cap in place so there breaking no rules, the next is that alot of talk is hear say about what $$$ players are on and the other is that I suspect there isn't one club in this competition that hasn't lashed out in recent years and spend good money on players.

It's a worry for some people that they think it will be reduced to a 2 horse race with the reported big spenders dominating the competition but I don't think the points system is the way to fix it. There doesn't appear to be a fair and accurate way to set it up I feel and if the clubs that are spending big dollars at the moment buy the wrong types or fail to fundraise they will soon slip back down the ladder and clubs who have been chipping away promoting locals and controlling their spending will have their opportunity to succeed.
The points system also has the potential to take the top of the standard and if some of the drawcards go then the gates are likely to drop.

Mate you just contradicted ya self. If he wants to stay at mounts why doesn't he ask them for a bit of coin and tell the clubs chasing him he's not interested?

I haven't contradicted myself at all, I said that clubs approach him and he has been known to show an interest but in the past has resisted the temptation to follow the money to stay at a successful club with mates, which has proved to be a smart move as he now has two senior premiership medals dangling round his neck. It's called loyalty mate.

READ THE HIGHLIGHTED SECTION WILDCARD
Failed to increase his money? Webby hasn't been a paid player out at Mounts for about 2 years. As for signing with YC I can't confirm or deny it but as I've said before he is usually sniffing about this time of year to see what's on offer before committing to Mounts at the start of the year.

Then I say he's "shopping around", which I think is the same as sniffing around.
If Webby wasnt getting paid by mounts why would he keep shopping around to see how much $$$ he was offered then sign up at mounts, seems pointless to me!

So he sniffs around to see what he's worth but he doesnt shop around to see what he's worth, is that what your trying to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back