Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the big red head from Heathcote will go to whoever offers him the most money for next year. His loyalty is shown by the fact that in the last 8 years he has played for Kyneton, Trentham, Woodend, Colbo, Kyneton again and Heathcote. he also won't go somewhere where he wont be the main man. Left Kyneton cos he didn't want to play second fiddle to Reaper.

the big red head from Heathcote will go to whoever offers him the most money for next year. His loyalty is shown by the fact that in the last 8 years he has played for Kyneton, Trentham, Woodend, Colbo, Kyneton again and Heathcote. he also won't go somewhere where he wont be the main man. Left Kyneton cos he didn't want to play second fiddle to Reaper.

Think you've been a bit tough on Matty. I'm not sure whether your time line is right or not he played 3 years at Colbo and spent 2003 to 2005 on Kyneton's list but I would suggest when he first left it was for lack of opportunities. Talking to people from 2 clubs he has played with and they rate him as a very good clubman. Regardless he is a star of H.D.F.L at present and from what Ive heard he will be back with the Saints again.

Think you've been a bit tough on Matty. I'm not sure whether your time line is right or not he played 3 years at Colbo and spent 2003 to 2005 on Kyneton's list but I would suggest when he first left it was for lack of opportunities. Talking to people from 2 clubs he has played with and they rate him as a very good clubman. Regardless he is a star of H.D.F.L at present and from what Ive heard he will be back with the Saints again.

don't get me wrong, the boy can take a grab and is one of the straightest kicks going around. your probably right about lack of opportunities the first time round leaving kyneton, but the fact is since then he's played at 4 other clubs as well as a second stint with kyneton. but hey, i guess dollars speak more than loyalty these days.

A bit of HDFL Ressies news for anyone interested is that LBU will announce it's magoos coach in the next week, with 3 people being interviewed tomorrow night for the job. The 3 people who applied are Neil "Hoppy" Hopkins, Adam "Gumpy" Shawcross and Brendan Ryan! It will be interesting to see who is appointed with Hopkins and Senior coach "Roo" Byrne having a fall out at the end of last season!

Sorry guys, i said a few days ago that Brendan Ryan had applied for the magoos job at Locky but he hasn't, he has been appointed chairman of selectors for the Seniors! The 3rd bloke that applied was David "Tommy" Maddison, and speaking to a few blokes around the club last night he is considered the favourite to get the job! It will be announced Tuesday night at the committee meeting for anyone who's interested!

Sorry guys, i said a few days ago that Brendan Ryan had applied for the magoos job at Locky but he hasn't, he has been appointed chairman of selectors for the Seniors! The 3rd bloke that applied was David "Tommy" Maddison, and speaking to a few blokes around the club last night he is considered the favourite to get the job! It will be announced Tuesday night at the committee meeting for anyone who's interested!

Haha I was actually talking to Brendan last night and he assured me he hasnt applied.

it may have been mentioned but who is lockys senior coach and ass coach. i know there was an issue with byrne last year but is he still coaching?

Yeah Roo Byrne is coaching again. Was speaking to a bloke who's helps out with Rochys recruiting and he was telling me that they're chasing Ryan Hayes pretty hard.

The Bloods were set to unveil a number of prospective recruits today at a function at the Newmarket. Bloodhound might be able to shed some light as to if there were any announcments or signings. I heard Andy Grant was set to take up the Assistant Coach role.

doona heard that your recruiting is targeting inness, watts, g liddell and m sheils???? any truth

None at all mate try again - speak to Robbie regularly as he's a long time pal and see young Lach a bit via cricket circles thats about it.

I aint seen Gez since GF night back at the Den and have never been introduced to young Mick Shiels let alone have his number - although I love the idea of left footed centremen so if he is keen pass on my numba please as yeah I would be very interested.

I Was Told On The Weekend By Two Yc Players That Webb Has Signed With Ycw Will Be Confirmed By The Club This Week...

Elmore Had A X-mas Party At The Newy Yesterday Not Sure Who Went Or If They Had Any New Players Turn Up. Will Find Out Today What Happend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as for the Mounts thirds kids. I'm not too sure how many will stay. I would hope all of them, as they see how great a club Mount Pleasant is to be around.

i played thirds this year, and we have about 10-11 kids staying that arent too old. most boys wanted to but couldnt cos of there age. there is a few boys coming out from what i know of, not too sure of numbers though.

Any truth that North have lost Kingdon, Smythe, all of the Webster,Galvin and Moloney.

I had heard that Jay was interviewed by Y.C.W but then joined the Doggies general committee so Im not sure if things have changed since then. I think your right about the Websters but it was really only Nathan who had an impact at times. I'd be surprised if Galvin left and Maloney and Smyth retired at seasons end so that could be spot on to.
Any news on North's signings?

I had heard that Jay was interviewed by Y.C.W but then joined the Doggies general committee so Im not sure if things have changed since then. I think your right about the Websters but it was really only Nathan who had an impact at times. I'd be surprised if Galvin left and Maloney and Smyth retired at seasons end so that could be spot on to.
Any news on North's signings?
Jay is going to play at yc , nathan and ash webster are right dave and sean still want to but have work commitments so it is wait and see. Charlie was at north last week and maloney will go around again. galvin has not missed a traing run. They will have some signings in the next week.

jay kingdon(north bendigo) and damien webb(mount pleasant) signed at loddon valley club y.c.w last night they are good mates and wanted to play a together. wish them both the best for 07 both great players in our league over past few years...:thumbsu:

jay kingdon(north bendigo) and damien webb(mount pleasant) signed at loddon valley club y.c.w last night they are good mates and wanted to play a together. wish them both the best for 07 both great players in our league over past few years...:thumbsu:

Dissapointing for the Dogs to lose Kingdom to say the least and I'm surprised Webby has left Mounts but I suppose he must be looking for a new challenge.

elmore have missed out on the services of julian lake from south bendigo. talking to one of his close mates yesterday and he said that he would go around again at south for another year.:thumbsu:

Dissapointing for the Dogs to lose Kingdom to say the least and I'm surprised Webby has left Mounts but I suppose he must be looking for a new challenge.

Webby appointed Ass. Coach and Jay Kingdom signed as player. Also signed at Y.C.W. another mate of theirs and former north bendigo palyer Nathan Alford, who hasn't played for 2 years beacuse of work comittments and still only 24!. Alford was keen to play with cousin Rob Bennett at Y.C.W. and Kingdom and Webby were keen to play with Bennett and Alford.

i played thirds this year, and we have about 10-11 kids staying that arent too old. most boys wanted to but couldnt cos of there age. there is a few boys coming out from what i know of, not too sure of numbers though.

Ah Jezza, good to hear from ya mate. Hound, I was in Rochy last night and got told that Elmore are after the services of 18 year old Matt "Honda" Hyden, he's been playing GV seniors and would dominate the HD

Ah Jezza, good to hear from ya mate. Hound, I was in Rochy last night and got told that Elmore are after the services of 18 year old Matt "Honda" Hyden, he's been playing GV seniors and would dominate the HD

havent seen hyden in a couple of years but i would imagine he'd be a bit light to be able to dominate the comp? correct me if im wrong

havent seen hyden in a couple of years but i would imagine he'd be a bit light to be able to dominate the comp? correct me if im wrong

Your wrong. Been doing alot off weights with LBU's 3rds coach Toddy Woodfine. GV under 18s rep were he played in the guts and also played GV seniors for Rochy in the middle. Been doing alot of running and looks very fit, has got a thumb injury at the moment

Your wrong. Been doing alot off weights with LBU's 3rds coach Toddy Woodfine. GV under 18s rep were he played in the guts and also played GV seniors for Rochy in the middle. Been doing alot of running and looks very fit, has got a thumb injury at the moment

fair enough. if thats case he should stay in the gv and keep improving. on a different note unfortunate for grant weeks to not get picked up as a rookie i would have thought he'd get some sort of opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back