Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
doona, i keep hearing that dalton is headed your way, true or fulse?
have you even spoken to him or his manager(dad)

False ablett, his services were offered to us along with a mate or two, but at the end of the day they were a little out of our reach, like wok says he is playing with Maribyrnong Park in the EDFL 2nd Div.

Clearances open this week and I guess we'll soon see what's fair dinkum and what's rumour. From what I've seen numbers have been okay, but for the Roos to make the top 5 they'll need to get a few of the experienced faces that have been running around the track to sign.

So far spotted have been Robbie Inness (Seymour), John Taylor, Luke Ezard (Pascoe Vale), Billy Neilson, Dipper Wilson (Yea), Kyle Gemmill (Nathalia) and Jamie Kelly (Shepp Swans) have all been to training runs.

Reading on the RDFL thread it seems they were outbid by Kilmore for small Wallan forward Dave Cornish, likewise Luke Bennett (Lalbert) who Mounts have apparently snared and Avenel tall Subba Arandt hasn't been sighted since before Christmas. I also heard that Doona was unable to get the signing of Euroa's Mark Mills.

I know the phone's been running hot, but now it's the time to see if all the hard work he's put in will come through. And if any of these guys wanna play for the big fella in 2007.

Fair summation wok, someone's kept u in the loop whilst you've been on holidays. Things sure r about to get interesting for a lot of us as of Feb 1st Id suggest.

Just on Kyle Gemmill, relax Nathalia fans he aint leaving. Once I heard he was living locally I made contact to offer him a regular training base if he wanted. The more experienced players we can get around our list the better they'll become.

Clearances open this week and I guess we'll soon see what's fair dinkum and what's rumour. From what I've seen numbers have been okay, but for the Roos to make the top 5 they'll need to get a few of the experienced faces that have been running around the track to sign.

Ha scoty how about you post your predictions for ladder positions at the end of the season and we'll see what everyone else has to say about them, personally i think broady will finish top 5.

Mounts
Colbo
Elmore
Heathcote
Broady
Locky
Hillies
Huntly
North

I

Good to see plenty of numbers at mounts first training. At a guess around the 40 players on the track, with another hand full watching on the side lines. Plenty of new faces there as well.

your spot on with " the few kilos" bar fridge. i saw mr newth over the aust day weekend sinking beam stubbies like they werent making them anymore.

that certainly wouldnt help the weight loss situation leading up to round 1.
IMO if sammy trimmed down and got himself fit he would no doubt be a driving force in the LBU midfield, instead of the lazy forward pocket.

Played some of his best footy carrying the extra kg's, went down hill a little when he lost a stack plus the loss of the mullet !
I think he should stick to drinking beam & eatin sims :D

Better keep an eye on some of your young brigade Doona .. Hear a few been frequenting Echuca niteclub OPT & Shamrock Hotel (LBU Sponsor's) of late, same with some Heathcote boys also ... Paperwork could come out on some 4am signings ;)

Played some of his best footy carrying the extra kg's, went down hill a little when he lost a stack plus the loss of the mullet !
I think he should stick to drinking beam & eatin sims :D

Better keep an eye on some of your young brigade Doona .. Hear a few been frequenting Echuca niteclub OPT & Shamrock Hotel (LBU Sponsor's) of late, same with some Heathcote boys also ... Paperwork could come out on some 4am signings ;)

the heathcote boys would only be up there drinking piss with benny knight wouldnt imagine to many signings taking place.

sorry kicka but you cant tell me sammy is a better player at a heavier weight, he may have played better footy but he would be even better player a little lighter.

the heathcote boys would only be up there drinking piss with benny knight wouldnt imagine to many signings taking place.

sorry kicka but you cant tell me sammy is a better player at a heavier weight, he may have played better footy but he would be even better player a little lighter.

Just takin the piss really Old Sainter... But I do know a few of the Heathcote and LBU boys hung out for most of the night....
I hear they witnessed some wrestle mania back at some house after OPT closed.

On Sammy.. I've seen him play at 86kg & 76kg and as a forward pocket he ( in my opinion ) was better at 86kg with the extra bulk ... & pinch hitting in the middle for short burst's. At the lighter weight found himself out bustled at times tryin to hold ground and got knocked about in the middle ..
Perhaps around 80kg, but with the Mullet back might be ideal. :D

Lack of interest by HDFL fans saw us roll off the front page old saint. Maybe everyone is busy getting all their rego & clearance forms ready to zip off at midnight :thumbsu:

Lack of interest by HDFL fans saw us roll off the front page old saint. Maybe everyone is busy getting all their rego & clearance forms ready to zip off at midnight :thumbsu:

no worries doona, i'd say things will pick up tomorrow morning.

does anybody know what has happened to old heathcote legend in
shane "bocca"cox.

he must still be kicking goals somehwhere, even if its in his sleep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no worries doona, i'd say things will pick up tomorrow morning.

does anybody know what has happened to old heathcote legend in
shane "bocca"cox.

he must still be kicking goals somehwhere, even if its in his sleep.

For some reason I thought he was over Maldon way could be wrong though. Ripper character Bocca, sure was passionate about his footy . . . . got a few injuries so he may have retired unsure.

footy scoreboard on scn 10 bendigo

i was Wondering dose Footy Scoreboard on southern Cross/10 have scores from heathcote, Picola, Murray & Kyabram & Goulburn valley leagues ?
cheers

For some reason I thought he was over Maldon way could be wrong though. Ripper character Bocca, sure was passionate about his footy . . . . got a few injuries so he may have retired unsure.

He started the season at Maldon where he kicked 15 in one game against one of the lowly sides before he went to Serpentine mid-season where he played reserves.

Bit over 2 hours until the real silly season starts with clearances declared open. Anyone got any tips or rumoured surprises expected in the coming days & weeks?

Re: footy scoreboard on scn 10 bendigo

thanks :) thinking of moving to the bendigo area thinking of Elmore had a look around nice wide streets and close to Bendigo & Echuca and and hour from shepparton i've goal umpired a game at Murchison 2005 having more then one umpire association and more leagues with independent goal umpires it be better then just the one league we go Wimmera, other leagues have club goalies
having a wider area would be good for me more towns we had a few umpires use to umpire in the GVFL

cheers

Sounds like there is some good news coming out of Broadford with Doona announcement as senior coach being complimented with strong numbers on the track and Billy Neilsen and Trav Blackwell on coaching staff. My mail is that they are sweating on Robbie Innes to take the final coaching role and top off a fruitful summer for the Roos. Any truth Doona?

the Inness decision btwn Seymour and Broadbeans will be an interesting one. He'd be a quality HDFL player at the Roos, and can play in a variety of roles which makes him valuable pick up. in the GV he did a number of roles for the Lions and made a bit of a name for himself as a very good shut down player. I know for a fact he's got excellent work ethic with training and stuff, and this would rub off on the younger blokes (and maybe some older ones bar maybe blackie :)).

Colbo had 20 odd on the track for their first hit out with Nath East and Cheezel Johnson impressive in the running.

noted absentees were 'Stringy' and 'Giantbug' - the latter is aparently fit as a trout.

Colbo had 20 odd on the track for their first hit out with Nath East and Cheezel Johnson impressive in the running.

noted absentees were 'Stringy' and 'Giantbug' - the latter is aparently fit as a trout.

Some trout arent that fit. Did not see the Mayor of Redcastle at training either HJ, young Willy West. Do you think he is looking elsewhere for a game.

Bit over 2 hours until the real silly season starts with clearances declared open. Anyone got any tips or rumoured surprises expected in the coming days & weeks?

I'm guessing it will be a big day for you today doon. Not much time for typing on BF, think you will be standing next to fax all day pumping those big signings through. You blokes are the dark horses of the comp. Just give us 2 names, your 2 biggest signings will do!:D

Settle sloth Ive said all along the plan is to get the list competitive play the locals and hoepfully add 3-4 experienced boys to that list, so the fax wont be all that busy :p

OTM & HJ32 yes Trav has put his hand up to be our chairman of selectors, but wont be pulling on the boots . . . . . I can hear a few forwards giving up that sigh of relief already :D

If we can entice Robbie home for a season then I believe the town and club would be delighted that our coaching team is 100% locally based. Glenny Shearer again doing the 2's with all our runners team managers etc already in place things will be stable with 2 months to go.

Robbie has been fantastic on the track, is a true leader and the kids are mad keen to play along side him . . . . big decision for Rob and one as a personal mate I wont be intruding on or applying pressure. That whole "shut down' player H referred to him as is the driving force behind our eagerness for Rob, a season to resurrect himself and lay some unaccountable onball footy might be what he needs to then return to the GVFL with more "proven' strings to his bow.

Im more keen to see who this rumoured former Rookie listed CHF White Hills have got and if Charlie Smythe trained again last night???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back