Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Santoz asked the question and I thought Id just have some fun with it just made up a figure ... I didnt think it would be taken too seriously to be honest sorry gents :p .

In saying that though both Nick Redenbach (16.1) and Matt Williams (16.0) topped the list for the pre-season, Justin Webb (15.2), Dunney (14.8), Conan Dickman (14.7) the top 5.

Correct me if Im wrong but the cones are 20m apart????

On another matter I did see in todays Shepp News that Matt Pascoe wasn't playing for Euroa, could the rumours be true that he still may be heading back to Toolleen?
If those blokes rae running those times why arent they running for australia your kidding your self if u think they ran those times what a joke

best player from your team... ? not sure
another team...sam hill
best defender...bill longford
best forward...daniel geary/ linton jacobs
best midfielder...dacvid favleki/ben johnson/
best young player... easty
and who do you believe will win the g/f this yr..elmore/ mounts
anyone agree with my list?

Sorry for late notice boys and i don't mean to be rude AJET but best forwards if Geary isn't twice the player Jacobs is your kidding yourself!

If those blokes rae running those times why arent they running for australia your kidding your self if u think they ran those times what a joke

Geez go easy A_Jet8 are you calling me a liar? As I stated last week I didnt oversee last week's test as I was doing other activities but I think it was OTM who explained different ways it coulda been done. Dont mean much if ya cant get the pill - Saturday cant come quick enough!!!

Anyways come and say G'day one Saturday and introduce yourself, and I hope you'll see Im not a liar and hopefully an alright bloke in your eyes :thumbsu:

Tibbinator would have undoubtedly heard this one already but I heard a Mounts player got touched up last week over an incident which stemmed from all the way back to mad Monday last year. Tibb or anyone else care to elaborate?

I know the alleged incident and let me tell you, no one got touched up. And it may seem some of the Elmore boys are struggling to get over a mad monday 'incident'. Maybe they should try a bit harder!

Bendigo Addy today

Baker Block

THE Heathcote District Football League executive is refusing to allow star goalkicker Adrian Baker to return to Broadford this year.
Baker has signed a clearance to return to Broadford for the first time since 2004.

However, the league is blocking the fiery forward's return to Harley Hammond Reserve, based on his past record at the tribunal.

Baker received a total of 20 weeks suspension from three HDFL tribunal appearances in 2003 and 2004.

Baker, who spent last year with West Preston Lakeside, was the HDFL's leading goalkicker in 2002

(94) and 2003 (100).

"We had a few discussions as an executive, and I have spoken to the VCFL about what our recourse is,

and we believe due to the fact he was suspended for a total of 20 weeks in two years (2003 and '04) in

our league ... we felt we know his record in our league," HDFL secretary Trevor Arnel said yesterday.

"And when we had that fall over with Broadford in 2004 when the clubs requested they have their affiliation suspended from the league, part of the memorandum of understanding was he (Baker) was one of the players mentioned not to have anything to do with the club for 2005.

"However, we verbally indicated we certainly wouldn't be happy if he had anything to do with the club in the future."

The memorandum of understanding was brought in after a number of on-field incidents involving Broadford in 2004 threatened to see the club kicked out of the

league.

Among them were Baker being handed a total of 17 weeks' suspension for two striking incidents in

volving White Hills' Ben Jones.

"We believe we have a duty of care to our clubs, players, umpires and any officials, so we felt we

would not accept their request for a transfer," Arnel said.

"I'm not saying anything will happen because apparently his (Baker's) last two years have been

clear, but if anything did happen this year, next year or whatever, we believe we could be held liable

because we knew his record, yet allowed him back in.

"If they (Broadford) wish to take it further, that's up to the player and the club.

"We're not stopping him from playing football, but he's not going to play it in our league."

VCFL operations manager Brett Connell said the HDFL

was in its right to refuse Baker's transfer based on his previous history in the league.

"They need to have pretty good grounds to do that, but from what I can understand, player Baker has had an excessive number of weeks (of suspension)," Connell said.

"They (the HDFL) are claiming previous history states player Baker has an unacceptable level of suspension, so they aren't going to accept his registration."

Broadford or Baker have provision to appeal the HDFL

dhdecision.

Broadford president John Berger said the club had not yet received any official notification from the HDFL that it would be refusing Baker's registration.

"Once we have got the official notification we will take it back to the committee, and let the committee make the decision on what approach we may take with

it," he said.

New Broadford coach Chris Nolan said Baker had agreed to sign a strict code of conduct with the club.

"We have put to Adrian that he will be signing a pretty stringent document from the club outlining that one misdemeanour on or off the field and he will be no longer with us again," Nolan said.

"He had a lot of say in drawing that up because I think he wanted to back himself and, hopefully, right a few wrongs."

Baker won the Diamond Valley Football League goalkicking last year, with 73 for West Preston

Lakeside.

"We had no dramas whatsoever with him last year," West Preston Lakeside president Graham Mills said.

"He played with us before when he was a fair bit younger and we had no troubles with him then, and last year, you couldn't ask for a better club person on and off the field."

Broadford hosts Huntly in this Saturday's opening round of the 2007 season.

In other games, Elmore plays Heathcote, Lockington Bamawm United takes on reigning premier Mount Pleasant, and Colbinabbin will do battle with North Bendigo.

I know the alleged incident and let me tell you, no one got touched up. And it may seem some of the Elmore boys are struggling to get over a mad monday 'incident'. Maybe they should try a bit harder!

Is it true that a player from Mounts rang a player from Elmore on speaker phone and asked where his best on ground medel was and had a good old laugh?

And then when confronted about it, the mounts player tried to blame it on another player?

Not very good sportsmanship!

A-JET8, i dont think they are times that they ran mate. why is it so unbelievable that out of the 50 odd blokes that doona has had a training, that 5 of them have ran those levels. so because you have never seen itit cant happen.maybe some players out there take there commitment a little more seriously than you

righto fellas who's tipping who this weekend
I'll go first

Huntly to roll Broady don't know why
Heathcote to succumb to Elmore after swapping there home game
Mounts over the top of Locky only just though
Colbo in a scrappy one with the doggies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, does anyone know if they are playing there again this year or have the commitee finally run out of patience with them & told them to move on? I know that Billings (coach) is from St.Arnaud but fair dinkum he was kidn himself if he thought they were gunna do it for Huntly....

Gary Moulday told me to tell u to go and get ****ed

Fletch 4 Captain...... HE WILL WIN BEST IN COMP, NEVER SEEN HIM SO FIT. APPARENTLY LOTS OF B/FORD BOY FIT AT THE MOMENT. IN 4 A BIG YEAR.

Fletch 4 Captain...... HE WILL WIN BEST IN COMP, NEVER SEEN HIM SO FIT. APPARENTLY LOTS OF B/FORD BOY FIT AT THE MOMENT. IN 4 A BIG YEAR.

Don't know about this one, pretty sure Fletch won't be captain of the Roos. Called into the training last night and was surprised with the numbers on the track. Counted 68 different playes running around the ground. Just wondering how many will be disappointed on thursday night at the selection table. Could be some surprises as to who plays and who doesn't.

righto fellas who's tipping who this weekend
I'll go first

Huntly to roll Broady don't know why
Heathcote to succumb to Elmore after swapping there home game
Mounts over the top of Locky only just though
Colbo in a scrappy one with the doggies

Broady by 10goals over huntly
Heathcote in a close one over elmore
Locky to upset mounts
Colbo by 6 goals over dogs

hows luke bennett go with the footy.. i know first hand he is very handy during the summer with the bat and ball but wondering how he goes on the footy side of things.. i think he plays for mount pleasant???

Don't know about this one, pretty sure Fletch won't be captain of the Roos. Called into the training last night and was surprised with the numbers on the track. Counted 68 different playes running around the ground. Just wondering how many will be disappointed on thursday night at the selection table. Could be some surprises as to who plays and who doesn't.

Including 3rds it was a tick over 70 wok, 54 senior blokes on track and yes Thursday night is gunna be a tough one, but as we have said since November we'll reward those that've done the work - 35 sessions by tomorrow night with close to 40 doing 20 or more it's easy in that respect ......... more gunna test the character of a few and see if they've got it in em to come and support, run water etc until they get their go.

hows luke bennett go with the footy.. i know first hand he is very handy during the summer with the bat and ball but wondering how he goes on the footy side of things.. i think he plays for mount pleasant???

Come check him out at Broady in round 3 waddo he's gunna have the job of running with Dunney :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back