Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right there, and that's the problem with the whole thing. Can you get players to a club that:

a) Has no money
b) Doesn't want to spend money
c) Hasn't been competitive for quite a while

If a kid wanted to get paid, I would want to talk to him personally and know where he is from and what level he had played at. It wouldn't be hard to follow it up. The internet is a wonderful thing.

I would like to know more about it. If a player gets more than $300 a game in the HDFL, apart from the coach, then that's a problem. I know there are examples, but they are there to win a flag (eg Dalton). I don't think Huntly would be expecting a flag for a few years if they are totally realistic.
$300 would be around your fifth onwards best players at some clubs my friend. Unfortunate that this is the case but I know it's fact. We chased a couple of young blokes from uni who are just better than average footballers from afar but they both went to a rival club for more coin. Good luck to them as they are still as far as I know in the seniors and their side is doing well.

$300 would be around your fifth onwards best players at some clubs my friend. Unfortunate that this is the case but I know it's fact. We chased a couple of young blokes from uni who are just better than average footballers from afar but they both went to a rival club for more coin. Good luck to them as they are still as far as I know in the seniors and their side is doing well.

5th best gets $300. At Huntly though, I would think this would be top coin offered. It would be more about getting players to stay at the club, enjoy themselves, win a few games, and try to build the club up, so that they could compete with other clubs money-wise. Has always been tough at HFC by the sounds. Could even offer 8 players $200 and then incentives. Who knows until you start trying??!!

The last 4 years, the seniors have only won 3 of 59 games and the 2nds have won 9 of 59. That is 12 of 118 games. The under 17s have won 29 of 59, have played finals twice and are 2 games clear in 5th this year, so they must have had some good kids. I wonder how many of them are still at the club?

Looking at their under 17s now, I know 6 of them, and they were good junior footballers.

white hills was in the same boat for a while emu, i think you need a high profile coach, and if they paid geary the reported three thousand dollar sign on fee, im sure they could spend a bit on the coach. white hills were lucky enough to get jimmy angove back after a more than handy career in the higher leagues, and changed the place for the better. what about someone like beau sheils? good clubman. what happened to him???

Before you blokes say it no iam not singy but i will tell you RWB and others they have got you sucked in very well.
Iam here to talk football if Heathcote do not win on Saturday the players might as well go on their football trip.Some of the big name players have to stand up from Saturday

Before you blokes say it no iam not singy but i will tell you RWB and others they have got you sucked in very well.
Iam here to talk football if Heathcote do not win on Saturday the players might as well go on their football trip.Some of the big name players have to stand up from Saturday

Do we really hey?? haha

Have to agree with you there teddy, and someone needs to take a stand and tell them not to play injured players. Give the young ones a go shamefull what i seen last sat.

Have a word to RWB on the side Hill Bully, and see who your true friend is.
In simple terms his east & west is a bit LOOSE?????????:thumbsu:

And by the way you blokes you are barking up the wrong tree
If you are so smart why is a Boxing ring square,answer that?????:)

Poor old Fantom has a fridge in the kitchen and on the box it was called a refrigerator. Where did the freakin d come from??:D

Fantom:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Oh Yeah, Fantom aint the Big Ump either

Possibly Kung Fu, although S.Wok appears to be only putting in guest appearances now. Doona might be concentrating on the first week of the finals now that they look safe to worry about his mates on the Big Footy:D:D:D. Don't know about the old Trotty boy, he may be stuck in the Top pub down there!

First time this week my friend that I've had any time to actually get onto this thread. BigFooty comes second through this time of the year. Got people backed up out the door wanting my attention and computer to get back refunds from Little Johnny and his mate Pete:), before a possible change in the main house.

But I'm really gald I haven't missed much this week. Just alot of banter and crap amongst you Heathcote boys, seems to be all.

Must congratulate Ryan hayes on his super effort though. Haven't heard of that too often around the traps.

First time this week my friend that I've had any time to actually get onto this thread. BigFooty comes second through this time of the year. Got people backed up out the door wanting my attention and computer to get back refunds from Little Johnny and his mate Pete:), before a possible change in the main house.

But I'm really gald I haven't missed much this week. Just alot of banter and crap amongst you Heathcote boys, seems to be all.

Must congratulate Ryan hayes on his super effort though. Haven't heard of that too often around the traps.

Glad to hear from you scotywok,Some 1 with brains.Some of these blokes are making think iam going mad.
I will be tipping B/ford for my upset of the round

Yes iam the real Big Ump:thumbsu:

had the chance to have a chat to billo one arvo, and he stated he only had around 1200 smackers to work with a week, if this was to be the case, i dont think many people could do much about it.
maybe emu you can put your hand up for the coaching job, considering youve been around country footy for a while now. sounds like you have some ideas. maybe you could implement them at trickey's diesel oval???

Hey Andy, Did Billo suggest at any stage that he won't be there next year. At this point in time it appears that Big footy is judge, jury and executioner.(Hmmm, Fantom Judge Dred!! maybe I could use that ID and no-one would know). Hey Emu, the old Fantom hangs around out there a bit and has discussed some possible recruiting tactics of which some of your ideas are fairly similar. Do we know each other?? I'll give a hint. My daughter plays junior football at Huntly and my name aint Daryl.

Oh yeah, I aint Blackvelvert either
(Hmmm, 'President Fantom'. But then I'd have to bore it up the Hillies. So many ideas, so little time)

Hey Andy, Did Billo suggest at any stage that he won't be there next year. At this point in time it appears that Big footy is judge, jury and executioner.(Hmmm, Fantom Judge Dred!! maybe I could use that ID and no-one would know). Hey Emu, the old Fantom hangs around out there a bit and has discussed some possible recruiting tactics of which some of your ideas are fairly similar. Do we know each other?? I'll give a hint. My daughter plays junior football at Huntly and my name aint Daryl.

Oh yeah, I aint Blackvelvert either
(Hmmm, 'President Fantom'. But then I'd have to bore it up the Hillies. So many ideas, so little time)

Hey Fantom may be if the HDFL go ahead with Sunday football review they could have tell the truth. Would the real Big Ump stand up:thumbsu:

Iam also not the Big Ump

Hey Fantom may be if the HDFL go ahead with Sunday football review they could have tell the truth. Would the real Big Ump stand up:thumbsu:

Iam also not the Big Ump

Hmmm, but the word ump does appear in jimmyjump17. I better not say any more in case the punctuation cops pick up some sort of dictatorial DNA fingerprint on the FantoM :D:D

Fantom out;)

Oh yeah, Start the game with ADRENALIN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am also sure some kids at the uni wouldn't mind $50 a game.

Sounds great in theory but i think you'll find you'll be surprised what the kids from the uni ask for. Buying footballers is hard because they inflate their prices so much. Blokes get paid too much compared to footballers 15-20 years ago but if you don't get them, you get no-one. Good luck!

Couple of blokes in my course are on a bit of coin in the LVFL (well over $50), handy footy players in that league but dunno how they'd go in the HDFL. I think (from a uni students perspective) the social aspect of the club is more important and LBU does have a good social scene hence the 11 young blokes moving to the club this year (Baldwin, Smit, Henshall, Ferrier, Richards, Hageman, Collins *2, Jones, Weeks, Francis) all under 21.

Once they find out what a good social club it is, they tell their friends and word spreads. I have a brother that plays for Huntly, and I'm not sure if he doesnt attend the social functions but he's usally free on a saturday night.

white hills was in the same boat for a while emu, i think you need a high profile coach, and if they paid geary the reported three thousand dollar sign on fee, im sure they could spend a bit on the coach. white hills were lucky enough to get jimmy angove back after a more than handy career in the higher leagues, and changed the place for the better. what about someone like beau sheils? good clubman. what happened to him???

Walshy was a pretty high profile coach, Sawyer has turned the team around since he's taken the reins. Do you think it was all Bart or do you think Walshy laid they foundation for the sucsess Andy?

Congratulations must goto Roo Byrne who will play his 50th game for the club, well done Roo. The conspiracy theory about the Locky boys playing their milestone games at home has taken a hit with Sammy Newth playing his 199 this week, and its at Broady next week. Its a dark day for the LBU footy club and the HDFL with young Sam shaving off his beard last weekend.

Hmmm, but the word ump does appear in jimmyjump17. I better not say any more in case the punctuation cops pick up some sort of dictatorial DNA fingerprint on the FantoM :D:D

Fantom out;)

Oh yeah, Start the game with ADRENALIN

The plot thinkens Fantom i do not know who is jimmyjump17

iam not Big Ump or anyone else idon't think, iam not sure any more:)

The last 4 years, the seniors have only won 3 of 59 games and the 2nds have won 9 of 59. That is 12 of 118 games. The under 17s have won 29 of 59, have played finals twice and are 2 games clear in 5th this year, so they must have had some good kids. I wonder how many of them are still at the club?

Looking at their under 17s now, I know 6 of them, and they were good junior footballers.[/quote]

I have been reading all this with great Interest; You don't think any of the above (and other) theories have been floated at Huntly for the last 3-5 years?
Firstly ANY average $50 a game player wants Huntly to give them $100 to play there and that rolls on to the upper echelon players - guys worth $200-$300 elsewhere want $400-500 from Huntly given it's past record.
This then comes with the tag "huntly pay anyone and everyone and more than they are worth..." This then also impacts on the so called miniscule budget (which honeslty i do not know about so can't comment) - You can see the trend here. Prob the smallest budget in the HDFL needs to be spread among more players - unfortnately it actually does the opposite.

As for the Juniors - you try stopping these guys going to play in Bgo and you are not looking after the best interest of footy. These guys have to have their shot in the BFL and HOPEFULLY if that fails they then come back - what they do then is up to them - Hopefully they enjoy their time at Huntly and come back but as we all know it is difficult for most to leave a senior team - especially to go to one with very little runs on the board (unless big coin is offered of course.)

Huntly are fighting what appears to be a losing battle.

Looking at their under 17s now, I know 6 of them, and they were good junior footballers.

I have been reading all this with great Interest; You don't think any of the above (and other) theories have been floated at Huntly for the last 3-5 years?
Firstly ANY average $50 a game player wants Huntly to give them $100 to play there and that rolls on to the upper echelon players - guys worth $200-$300 elsewhere want $400-500 from Huntly given it's past record.
This then comes with the tag "huntly pay anyone and everyone and more than they are worth..." This then also impacts on the so called miniscule budget (which honeslty i do not know about so can't comment) - You can see the trend here. Prob the smallest budget in the HDFL needs to be spread among more players - unfortnately it actually does the opposite.

As for the Juniors - you try stopping these guys going to play in Bgo and you are not looking after the best interest of footy. These guys have to have their shot in the BFL and HOPEFULLY if that fails they then come back - what they do then is up to them - Hopefully they enjoy their time at Huntly and come back but as we all know it is difficult for most to leave a senior team - especially to go to one with very little runs on the board (unless big coin is offered of course.)

Huntly are fighting what appears to be a losing battle.

Fantom, I was involved with the junior footy club a few years back, but have been involved with Mounts a bit, but nothing this year. I heard on the radio today that Billings is stepping aside as he doesn't have time to coach next season, so we probably don't know each other.

hawkfan, the ideas may have been floated, but have they been viciously attempted. I know it is hard to keep the kids, but "not in the best interests of footy". If I were coach, I would be doing what is in the best interests of the Huntly Football Club. No-one else. There are kids in the BFL seconds now, that I know of, who could easily be playing senior football at Huntly. Just need to get them back. The kids that I coached in the juniors a while back, are all getting to senior age too.

As I said previously, the Hawks need to create a fun environment for young footballers, and if they can do that, I am sure young guys would rather play 10 minutes out of Bendigo, than 40 minutes.

I heard that HFC are looking for a new coach now, so anyone interested start applying.

Thought it's been pretty entertaining watching the Reverend talking to himself and getting found out a little too easily. If we didn't put anything on we would still be on page 360 and the Loddon Valley would be in hot pursuit!

Bring on Gillabbey.

Bring on Gillabbey.

I'll second that motion TRWB, hurry up & get out here Gill and give us all a laugh :thumbsu: Maybe Gillabbey can giv us a post mortem of next week's matches at the HDFL Sunday session.

Hands up lads who's going next Sunday (me :thumbsu:) sure is a novel idea and should be a great day to mingle over a few jars.

Yo big Ump…. You been on Big Cricket yet??? I suppose you will have plenty of knowledgeable and useful post… Just like the one you have on Big Footy!! Ha:)

Yo big Ump…. You been on Big Cricket yet??? I suppose you will have plenty of knowledgeable and useful post… Just like the one you have on Big Footy!! Ha:)

No i have not but i will have a look. One thing looks like your in the clear no one can say your Big Ump
The boys would have to be getting dizzy by now Jimmyjump17:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back