Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDFL DUNNY TALK ROUND 14

Bendigo sides North and White Hills play at the zoo in what should be a fiery affair. The dogs are a better side at their ground and will be in this match for a long way if Trevor 'uncle' Arthur and Dean 'dr' Watson can kick goals when given the opportunity. The hillies however have more avenues to goal and will have to much firepower with Angove, Sawyer and McConnell. Demons to win.:thumbsu:

In the match of the round Colbo will play host to Broadford with both teams coming into the contest on the back of impressive victorys. Colbo are a class outfit whether it be Scott Dishon out handballs, Damian Lock'ing the ball in at contests or Sam Hill getting his Rod Doak out in the shower having a Julian BUll. The Roos have been getting good contributions out of Chris 'hairy' Ball and Nathan 'marge' Simpson who when combined with Fletch, Dunne, Taylor will always trouble teams. Colbo in a close one.:rolleyes:

Up at Lockington Heathcote will need nothing less than a win to remain in the hunt for September action whilst the Cats will be playing for pride. The presence of Desmond 'tutu' Gilmore watching on with a bottle of soy, will be enough to unsettle the Dim Sims, Grant and Adam, but its the saints out on the park that will need to make it happen. Matt 'slim' Waters 'I'm slim shady, yes i'm the real shady all you other slim shadys are just imitators so wont the real slim shady please stand up, please stand up' will do just that keeping the saints in the hunt.:D

Mounts and Huntly at Tooleen could get nasty for the Hawks again as they cant contain opposition scoring to be competetive. Huntlys Chris 'office' Long did score though even though it was way after the final siren. Apparently she bangs harder than the Uni dunny door, he closed behind him. For Mounts Cam 'hurricane' Carter and Matt Johnson & Johnson will be simply too classy for the young hawks and too good. For 2 points i nominate Zac 'East' for being gay.:confused:

Tip of the week: Heroes never die

HDFL DUNNY TALK ROUND 14

Bendigo sides North and White Hills play at the zoo in what should be a fiery affair. The dogs are a better side at their ground and will be in this match for a long way if Trevor 'uncle' Arthur and Dean 'dr' Watson can kick goals when given the opportunity. The hillies however have more avenues to goal and will have to much firepower with Angove, Sawyer and McConnell. Demons to win.:thumbsu:

In the match of the round Colbo will play host to Broadford with both teams coming into the contest on the back of impressive victorys. Colbo are a class outfit whether it be Scott Dishon out handballs, Damian Lock'ing the ball in at contests or Sam Hill getting his Rod Doak out in the shower having a Julian BUll. The Roos have been getting good contributions out of Chris 'hairy' Ball and Nathan 'marge' Simpson who when combined with Fletch, Dunne, Taylor will always trouble teams. Colbo in a close one.:rolleyes:

Up at Lockington Heathcote will need nothing less than a win to remain in the hunt for September action whilst the Cats will be playing for pride. The presence of Desmond 'tutu' Gilmore watching on with a bottle of soy, will be enough to unsettle the Dim Sims, Grant and Adam, but its the saints out on the park that will need to make it happen. Matt 'slim' Waters 'I'm slim shady, yes i'm the real shady all you other slim shadys are just imitators so wont the real slim shady please stand up, please stand up' will do just that keeping the saints in the hunt.:D

Mounts and Huntly at Tooleen could get nasty for the Hawks again as they cant contain opposition scoring to be competetive. Huntlys Chris 'office' Long did score though even though it was way after the final siren. Apparently she bangs harder than the Uni dunny door, he closed behind him. For Mounts Cam 'hurricane' Carter and Matt Johnson & Johnson will be simply too classy for the young hawks and too good. For 2 points i nominate Zac 'East' for being gay.:confused:

Tip of the week: Heroes never die[/quot
dont worry about jhonson and jhonson because he is a coon cross with a jypsy, and as for two points for zach, i hope he wins because he is a good kid. my tip brad king to kick 27 goals .
get a cold c*nt in ya

I'll second that motion TRWB, hurry up & get out here Gill and give us all a laugh :thumbsu: Maybe Gillabbey can giv us a post mortem of next week's matches at the HDFL Sunday session.

Hands up lads who's going next Sunday (me :thumbsu:) sure is a novel idea and should be a great day to mingle over a few jars.

I'll see you there Doona

HDFL DUNNY TALK ROUND 14

Tip of the week: Heroes never die

Bout bloody time too Longy! I know you read this Chris, where were you on tuesday night?

HDFL DUNNY TALK ROUND 14

dont worry about jhonson and jhonson because he is a coon cross with a jypsy, and as for two points for zach, i hope he wins because he is a good kid. my tip brad king to kick 27 goals .
get a cold c*nt in ya
how has brad king been going? getting a kick??

HDFL DUNNY TALK ROUND 14

get a cold c*nt in ya

You are a loser Mylo. A few of the Mounts boys were telling me how much of a tosser you are and that you have tickets on yourself!!

North Bendigo 13.10 (88) lost to White Hills 18.16 (124)
Colbinabbin 16.16 (112) def. Broadford 12.9 (81)
L.B.U 17.12 (114) def. Heathcote 16.10 (106)
Mount Pleasant 29.23 (197) def. Huntly 10.4 (64)

For the 2nd time this season our boys thru everything they had at the ladder leaders but fell short. Our 2nd term was costly, Colbo booted 5 majors and then we seemed to have the momentum for 10-15 mins going into the main change but couldn't convert -poor execution when delivering and finishing off.

I felt the second half was remarkable to watch, tackling, hard running, pressure the game seemed to have it all. I think we got to within 11 points but Colbo's experienced heads just knew when a goal was important and were too good in the washup. Our boys now believe they do belong and are deserved of rating a mention amongst the comp's best - we just gotta put 4 quarters into it.

Thought our best were Dipper, Wearney who did well on Sammy Hill, young Gillard in the ruck and Johny Rowe who went forward and was lively after getting a knock to the head early. Sustained yet another bloody injury with young Clint Moran popping a shoulder out 10 mins in.

Thought Colbo's defence was super impressive, Brown and Pinniger working in tandem on Tayls, with Locky (close to 40 touches), Millar and little Tilekeratne Dishon very good also. Jacobs was in everything early but Id like to think young Webby did well on him after qtr time.

Gunna take some beating the Hoppers, Irwin, Oggy, L. Hill just some of the notable faces not out there. Plenty of Elmore people there no doubt gearing up for the game to decided top spot in 3 weeks.

I hear the Dogs were gallant before the Hillies snagged 5 in the last 10 minutes to give me old mate Spicka (booted 5) a memorable 200th - LBU caused an upset against the out of sorts Heathcote who have now lost I think 7 of the past 8.

Good win by the cats, getting up by 8 points. We were up by 7 at the main break then 5 at the last but to Heathcotes credit they came back strong. Brad Smit owned the skies and kicked 5, Nat and Newthy were good in the middle and Bongy was great in his come back game but the difference was the Sims boys off half back with Adam getting BOG.

Meldrum was best for the Saints and Waters bobbed up in the second half with a few and Mick Ring had plenty of run all day. Well done to the Heathcote boys for sticking around.

Good win by the cats, getting up by 8 points. We were up by 7 at the main break then 5 at the last but to Heathcotes credit they came back strong. Brad Smit owned the skies and kicked 5, Nat and Newthy were good in the middle and Bongy was great in his come back game but the difference was the Sims boys off half back with Adam getting BOG.

Meldrum was best for the Saints and Waters bobbed up in the second half with a few and Mick Ring had plenty of run all day. Well done to the Heathcote boys for sticking around.

It appears the call to rally the troops after the games earlier thru these pages has paid dividends. Must say the Colbo club were very accomodating last night, many going outa their way to introduce themselves to us and keen to chat and show an interest in our club . . . . .awesome to see thanks :thumbsu:

If we didn't have to get back for our awards, reckon we coulda stayed a whole lot longer around those fires sure is a good atmosphere u guys have going after the games - could imagine the gatherings after games v Mounts & Elmore.

Must also add looking forward to this Sunday Footy Show next weekend. Gave it a good plug last night at our club and explained it's days like this that give us as a club the perfect chance to get along, mingle with u all and prove this ongoing perception is all wrong and that there are a lot of quality people involved at BFNC.

How many big footy posters are going next Sunday? $10 a tick, finger food $1.50 pots, raffles and I think a signed James Hird jumper to be auctioned off, should be a highlight of the HDFL social calendar I reckon :thumbsu:

The last 4 years, the seniors have only won 3 of 59 games and the 2nds have won 9 of 59. That is 12 of 118 games. The under 17s have won 29 of 59, have played finals twice and are 2 games clear in 5th this year, so they must have had some good kids. I wonder how many of them are still at the club?

Looking at their under 17s now, I know 6 of them, and they were good junior footballers.

I have been reading all this with great Interest; You don't think any of the above (and other) theories have been floated at Huntly for the last 3-5 years?
Firstly ANY average $50 a game player wants Huntly to give them $100 to play there and that rolls on to the upper echelon players - guys worth $200-$300 elsewhere want $400-500 from Huntly given it's past record.
This then comes with the tag "huntly pay anyone and everyone and more than they are worth..." This then also impacts on the so called miniscule budget (which honeslty i do not know about so can't comment) - You can see the trend here. Prob the smallest budget in the HDFL needs to be spread among more players - unfortnately it actually does the opposite.

As for the Juniors - you try stopping these guys going to play in Bgo and you are not looking after the best interest of footy. These guys have to have their shot in the BFL and HOPEFULLY if that fails they then come back - what they do then is up to them - Hopefully they enjoy their time at Huntly and come back but as we all know it is difficult for most to leave a senior team - especially to go to one with very little runs on the board (unless big coin is offered of course.)

Huntly are fighting what appears to be a losing battle.[/quote]

Heard a story from a man who watches the HDFL from afar that the Hawks are on the look out for a new coach already with someone from maybe down our way receiving a phone call. What do you reckon Ump, any thoughts!

I have been reading all this with great Interest; You don't think any of the above (and other) theories have been floated at Huntly for the last 3-5 years?
Firstly ANY average $50 a game player wants Huntly to give them $100 to play there and that rolls on to the upper echelon players - guys worth $200-$300 elsewhere want $400-500 from Huntly given it's past record.
This then comes with the tag "huntly pay anyone and everyone and more than they are worth..." This then also impacts on the so called miniscule budget (which honeslty i do not know about so can't comment) - You can see the trend here. Prob the smallest budget in the HDFL needs to be spread among more players - unfortnately it actually does the opposite.

As for the Juniors - you try stopping these guys going to play in Bgo and you are not looking after the best interest of footy. These guys have to have their shot in the BFL and HOPEFULLY if that fails they then come back - what they do then is up to them - Hopefully they enjoy their time at Huntly and come back but as we all know it is difficult for most to leave a senior team - especially to go to one with very little runs on the board (unless big coin is offered of course.)

Huntly are fighting what appears to be a losing battle.

Heard a story from a man who watches the HDFL from afar that the Hawks are on the look out for a new coach already with someone from maybe down our way receiving a phone call. What do you reckon Ump, any thoughts![/quote]

Any names RWB???

I must say that Huntly came out yesterday and played some pretty good footy. A lot better than the scoreline suggests. At times they were able to move the ball very well and they had a god target up forward to aim at. If they can continue to stick wth that ype of football then there is light at the end of the tunnel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as you know doona north are a different prospect at home, they definately have more of a dip at the zoo than what they do on the away games. down by 5 goals at half time, north had control of the footy game against us, and it didnt really look that flash for the demons. the second hgalf was better got within a point a three quarter time and then ran over the top in the last quarter. not overly impressive for the boys from scott st, but a win is all important. james angove continued his very impressive form and would have to be up there for 'sam'. ben jones in his return was great from the back flank where he isnt normally accustomed to and the spik just keeps kicking them. not a pretty game to watch and got ugly afterwoods with sarge's brother making a fool of himself, along with his friends who inhibeted the scoreboard flank, causing a bit of commotion after the game. makes you wonder why they are allowed the breed. i now know why they call the place the 'ZOO'. two reports, lomas and morris, not much in either but morris charged the bloke wih the head over the pill, which may cause concern for the kennel. hope to see the doona at the sunday sess

as you know doona north are a different prospect at home, they definately have more of a dip at the zoo than what they do on the away games. down by 5 goals at half time, north had control of the footy game against us, and it didnt really look that flash for the demons. the second hgalf was better got within a point a three quarter time and then ran over the top in the last quarter. not overly impressive for the boys from scott st, but a win is all important. james angove continued his very impressive form and would have to be up there for 'sam'. ben jones in his return was great from the back flank where he isnt normally accustomed to and the spik just keeps kicking them. not a pretty game to watch and got ugly afterwoods with sarge's brother making a fool of himself, along with his friends who inhibeted the scoreboard flank, causing a bit of commotion after the game. makes you wonder why they are allowed the breed. i now know why they call the place the 'ZOO'. two reports, lomas and morris, not much in either but morris charged the bloke wih the head over the pill, which may cause concern for the kennel. hope to see the doona at the sunday sess

Andy, in regards to the commotion after game involving Sarge's brother i think i know why.
I left at half time of our senior game and called in on the way home , i got there just before the the 3rd quarter started.
I had the kids in the car asleep so i had to find a space on the fence so i could watch the footy and i was parked near were the some ferals were mouthing off.
For what ever reason some half drunken Nth supporter found any excuse to yell out abuse to Sarge, and any other Hills player that was near him for that matter, but most of his yelling was towards Sarge.
The sad thing was his mum and dad were beside him, his dad was fairly quite and his mum was embarrased with his continous verbal dribble.
Seems fortunate i left before the siren went, once i knew Hills were far enough in front i left but i would've liked to see if the fool could back up his mouth.
Also Sarge's brother goe's alright from what i hear, not the type you want to upset.

It was a good win in the end by the Hillies concidering it was a danger game at the zoo, it did'nt suprise me that Nth were up by 4 at half time but Hills came home strongly as expected.
Hills will definately make the 5 now which is great turn around for the club, i spoke to walshy y/day briefly at the square flat game and he seemed quite pleased of Hills success since his departure.

not a pretty game to watch and got ugly afterwoods with sarge's brother making a fool of himself, along with his friends who inhibeted the scoreboard flank, causing a bit of commotion after the game. makes you wonder why they are allowed the breed. i now know why they call the place the 'ZOO'.

Fantom made the journey and enjoyed viewing a good hard slog from both sides. Good to see young Jonesy back on the park and having a dip in defence before going back to the front half and kickin a couple a majors. To the Fantoms untrained eye it appeared that the North boys lacked a little discipline when the pressure came on in the third quarter and lost it completely in the last. Well done to the Hillies boys for creating an environment that allowed them to take control of the game. As for the crap that went down after the game, I cannot help but feel embarrassed for the majority of the North supporters who show up week in, week out to watch their team have a dip. Will I take my kids to this game next year?? I doubt it. Any doggy supporters care to comment ?

Fantom:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Oh Yeah, Huntly U13.5's 8.17.65 def K/Flat 0.1.1
Is this the future of Huntly?

I left at half time and called in on the way home , i got there just before the the 3rd quarter started.
I had the kids in the car asleep so i had to find a space on the fence so i could watch the footy and i was parked near were the commotion was.

Good to see you're keeping an eye on the Hillies Pinnacle. What are your plans come December?:D

Fantom:thumbsu:

Oh Yeah, noticed the Big T was at the game also

And good to see Benny Burns settling in:

Glenmore
Goal Kickers: D Woosnam 18; G Piggot 5; S Fowler 3; B Sachdev 2; Z Smith 2; Toby Payne 2; Tyson Payne 1; M Jones 1
Best Players: B Burns; D Woosnam; Toby Payne; G Piggott; Tyson Payne; R Kane

not a pretty game to watch and got ugly afterwoods with sarge's brother making a fool of himself, along with his friends who inhibeted the scoreboard flank, causing a bit of commotion after the game. makes you wonder why they are allowed the breed. i now know why they call the place the 'ZOO'. two reports, lomas and morris, not much in either but morris charged the bloke wih the head over the pill, which may cause concern for the kennel.

Andy, in regards to the commotion after game involving Sarge's brother i think i know why.
I left at half time of our senior game and called in on the way home , i got there just before the the 3rd quarter started.
I had the kids in the car asleep so i had to find a space on the fence so i could watch the footy and i was parked near were the some ferals were mouthing off.
For what ever reason some half drunken Nth supporter found any excuse to yell out abuse to Sarge, and any other Hills player that was near him for that matter, but most of his yelling was towards Sarge.
The sad thing was his mum and dad were beside him, his dad was fairly quite and his mum was embarrased with his continous verbal dribble.
Seems fortunate i left before the siren went, once i knew Hills were far enough in front i left but i would've liked to see if the fool could back up his mouth.
Also Sarge's brother goe's alright from what i hear, not the type you want to upset..

As for the crap that went down after the game, I cannot help but feel embarrassed for the majority of the North supporters who show up week in, week out to watch their team have a dip. Will I take my kids to this game next year?? I doubt it. Any doggy supporters care to comment ?

So what exactly happened after the game, was it merely a crowd thing after a day on the gas or did it involve players also? I was of the impression Nick Sarge was guna have a run at North this year and must admit I was looking forward to watching an old opponenet in action again. Was a hell of a talent when we were kids, has he had a run with the Doggies at all this year?

Also didn't we have under age rep games today, any word on how our youngsters got on?

Good to see you're keeping an eye on the Hillies Pinnacle. What are your plans come December?:D

Fantom:thumbsu:

Oh Yeah, noticed the Big T was at the game also

And good to see Benny Burns settling in:

Glenmore
Goal Kickers: D Woosnam 18; G Piggot 5; S Fowler 3; B Sachdev 2; Z Smith 2; Toby Payne 2; Tyson Payne 1; M Jones 1
Best Players: B Burns; D Woosnam; Toby Payne; G Piggott; Tyson Payne; R Kane

Why, whats on in december?

So what exactly happened after the game, was it merely a crowd thing after a day on the gas or did it involve players also? I was of the impression Nick Sarge was guna have a run at North this year and must admit I was looking forward to watching an old opponenet in action again. Was a hell of a talent when we were kids, has he had a run with the Doggies at all this year?

Also didn't we have under age rep games today, any word on how our youngsters got on?

Pretty much attribute the "abuse" to the gas there Doons, we wll know youexpect to hear abit over the fence from time to time but this was different, it was consistent, loud and at times quite personal....hard to believe that someone would speak to family like that!

Its unfortunate cos the Dog's played great footy for 3 quarters and certainly gave us a big wake up call, Spickas 200th and the club ball were hugely anticipated yet we will probably look back on the game for all the wrong reasons. Scene was quite emotional in the rooms after the game, evryone was pretty concerned for Sarge, especially when his wife and little baby girl were on the end of even more abuse post siren.

Strangely, the Cops were called out and the policemen on duty just happened to be Luke Kinder.....was seen still talking to Nick some 45 minutes after the game. Hopefully wil be refused entry at the gate for future games.

Heard a story from a man who watches the HDFL from afar that the Hawks are on the look out for a new coach already with someone from maybe down our way receiving a phone call. What do you reckon Ump, any thoughts!

Any names RWB???

I must say that Huntly came out yesterday and played some pretty good footy. A lot better than the scoreline suggests. At times they were able to move the ball very well and they had a god target up forward to aim at. If they can continue to stick wth that ype of football then there is light at the end of the tunnel[/quote]
Rootski.

Can divulge that he is a father of two and has been involved at Heathcote for quite a while. Some names later maybe.

cant recall the exact scores off the top of my head doona, but we had a good win over lvfl by about 6 goals. lodden valley came out and played very well early but the cote boys stuck to it and came out winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back