Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit Im looking forward to it also, will be good to mingle with all the clubs not to mention $1.50 pots - that's fair dinkum 1992-93 prices I reckon!!!

Will the Big Ump get there? I reckon he'd be great on the panel

Yes $1.50 pots area huge attraction
I think we should put the call out ot Big Ump "Make Urself Available This Sunday" :D :D :D

Could be, but Simon is pretty busy with his racing commitments and as all the best races are on Saturdays, albiet not in winter, you would expect him to be tied up. I umpired his boy Tom yesterday at Kilmore and the kid kicked 11 majors. They played a side full of first year players, but he looks the goods. St Kilda will be spewin his old man chose cricket as he is about 75 games short of the father/son rule

Watched Tom have a kick with his old man at the footy last year and he does go alright. No, not O'Donnell.[/quote]

Thought one or two may have picked it after your last clue RWB

Talking to a disheartened Heathcote icon whose favourite vegie is Spuds. Hes counting down to the end of the season and feels sorry for the coach. Putem out of there misery Saty week Doon.

Talking to a disheartened Heathcote icon whose favourite vegie is Spuds. Hes counting down to the end of the season and feels sorry for the coach. Putem out of there misery Saty week Doon.

Trottyboya i had a dream last night (not a wet one) we beat B/ford by a point and then lost to W/Hills, and in the last game we baet Huntly and you blokes lost to W/Hills by a point in the last game H/COTE made the finals but the worst thing about this dream Elmore won the GF, i woke up then in a hot flush?????????????????????????????????:D:D:D

Trotty he probably is suffering more than you think. Bad year for Spudda all round with the Tiges only winning one as well, let alone how bad the Saints have traveled in the last two months. Big ticker though and no doubt a few more Snakes and Chico's and he'll be OK. Good to see you have finally dragged yourself out of the 'Top'.:D

Trotty he probably is suffering more than you think. Bad year for Spudda all round with the Tiges only winning one as well, let alone how bad the Saints have traveled in the last two months. Big ticker though and no doubt a few more Snakes and Chico's and he'll be OK. Good to see you have finally dragged yourself out of the 'Top'.:D

I'll give Spudda one thing he loves the Saints and has taken this losing streak pretty hard - if being a passionate person for your club was somehow a drug how many of us in all honesty would be addicts????

Thought one or two may have picked it after your last clue RWB

Yes Streaker, thought I had given it away but alas, no correct answers as yet. How's the girlfriend?[/quote]

The what?? Don't know the meaning of the word.:confused: However if you are talking of the young las that attended a few weeks ago, i'm not sure i think spud jr aka bozo, still has her tied up somewhere. Lingy in hot pursuit and Lomax still pulling it.:D:D

Ump are you sure it wasn't wet????

Yes Streaker, thought I had given it away but alas, no correct answers as yet. How's the girlfriend?

The what?? Don't know the meaning of the word.:confused: However if you are talking of the young las that attended a few weeks ago, i'm not sure i think spud jr aka bozo, still has her tied up somewhere. Lingy in hot pursuit and Lomax still pulling it.:D:D

Ump are you sure it wasn't wet????[/quote]

She was commonly termed as 'quality', Streaker. Liked you're little cryptic clue on the identity of the coach as well, just don't know if you meant it!!!!!

Yes Streaker, thought I had given it away but alas, no correct answers as yet. How's the girlfriend?

Ump are you sure it wasn't wet????[/quote]

WELL WELL it's come clear who you are now, i was having a good look also went for the sunnies after half time.
I did dream well that night, Ar it would be nice to be 18 again.Get the sniffer dogs out and find her. Bring her up for the B/Ford game being a gentelman as i am i will lookafter her better than Lomax did. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Ump are you sure it wasn't wet????

WELL WELL it's come clear who you are now, i was having a good look also went for the sunnies after half time.
I did dream well that night, Ar it would be nice to be 18 again.Get the sniffer dogs out and find her. Bring her up for the B/Ford game being a gentelman as i am i will lookafter her better than Lomax did. :thumbsu::thumbsu:[/quote]

Well well, it took you some time..... In reference to Lomax it would not be hard... Maybe you could teach him a thing or 2... I am starting to worry bout you and your dreams though.:cool:

She actually asked who the bloke with the comb over hogging all the dim sims was... I replied "He is the town icon.."

"ICON" she laughed i've been watching him on the cans and i'm sure i could knock him over". But you took off like a honeymooners first shot after the game......:D

Since when has bigfooty become a forum for talking about blokes missuses! Didn't I tell you streakn this is exactly why you never bring lady friends to footy clubs!!! Although had to agree with Dr Pink. Ass like an 8 year old boy!!!

Since when has bigfooty become a forum for talking about blokes missuses! Didn't I tell you streakn this is exactly why you never bring lady friends to footy clubs!!! Although had to agree with Dr Pink. Ass like an 8 year old boy!!!

She was Rolls Royce stuff, don't worry about that. Would have been sensational back in the days of DISCO! What do you reckon Old Saint? Streaker, hope you didn't talk Footy all night and did you get the cuffs out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Anybody SEEN STORM BOY ???????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Storm Boy is a 10-year old boy living with his reclusive fisherman father in a tiny house by the beach in the Coorong. Rarely do they have any contact with other people and the outside world. The film's opening scenes are long shots of the coastline and crashing waves and the boy collecting wooden planks for firewood along the beach. He finds something different, a radio, which his dad says to put in the rubbish as "We don't want it." Tom (the father) does not want outside influences (such as the radio or schooling) to disturb the simple and peaceful life they lead. "The radio will tell you you need this or that and a thousand other things. You'll want more and more and you'll end up chasing a lot of rubbish." and about schooling 'He can learn all he needs to know right here." Early in the film the boy (Mike) goes off alone on his raft and notices some smoke from a fire and an old boat so he goes over to investigate. An Aboriginal man grabs him from behind and tells him off. Mike is scared and runs off, the man starts laughing. Mike next encounters the Aboriginal man when he is walking alone and gunshots disturb the peace and he sees dead birds fall to the ground. The man shoots at the hunters to scare them off then asks Mike if he's coming to see if they hit anything. The Aboriginal man introduces himself as Fingerbone Bill and gives Mike the name Storm Boy as he 'runs like a black fella.' Together they find a pelican nest with three freshly hatched pelicans. The mother is dead nearby. Fingerbone tells Storm Boy that storms come when pelicans are killed, and this eventuates. Mike brings them home and puts them in a box to look after them and feed them. The pelicans continue to grow until they are mature. Tom tells Mike that it is time to take them back and let them go free. This is very difficult for Storm Boy who is worried about them and tries to get them to return. Much to Storm Boy's delight, his favourite pelican, Mr. Percival does come back and the two of them are shown playing games and having fun. Storm Boy also teaches the pelican to catch a ball and bring it back to him.
Storm Boy's peaceful existence is again disturbed one night by the sound of cars, with hooligan drunk drivers who seek to destroy their property. Fingerbone Bill saves the day by scaring them off by firing a shot at one of their headlights. It is here where Fingerbone meets Tom, who is grateful to him and respects him. Tom and Storm Boy visit Fingerbone the next day and bring him a fish to eat. That night the two men confide in each other, Fingerbone saying that he broke the Kunai law with a woman and was banished from his tribe, and Tom saying that he left his wife. Storm Boy overhears the conversation and is upset by this revelation, as he believed that his mother was dead. His response is to run away to the city, wanting to find her. He walks past the local school, where the teacher Miss Walker gives him something to eat and drink and includes him in the class (which happened to be about pelicans). Miss Walker then contacts the ranger to tell Tom, and he and Fingerbone come to collect him . Tom tells him that he did leave his mother but his mother has since died in a car crash. When they are getting ready to go back home on the boat, the men on a nearby boat have music blaring from the radio and are drinking from beer cans which they throw into the water afterwards. This is seen as pollution of the environment. The fishermen get caught in a storm, but fortunately Mr. Percival was able to take a line to them so the men could be rescued. The grateful men offer Tom money and the opportunity to send Mike to a boarding school, which he considers, but is torn between his life now and the life he could have in the city. The next time the hunters are in the area, Mr Percival is shot down and Mike does a mad search through the long grass to find him. The search is unsuccessful and Mike cries as he walks along the beach remembering times they spent together. Tom talks with Mike about making a fresh start, moving to Goola, a small town nearby where he could buy the service station and Mike could attend school and they wouldn't have to be apart. 'We gotta stick together don't we?".
Fingerbone eventually finds Mr. Percival and buries him. He shows Storm Boy the grave he dug, and there are a few moments of sadness, but this is turned to hope when Fingerbone shows Storm Boy a nest with a freshly hatched pelican in it. "Mr. Percival all over again, a bird like him never dies."

Enough Said :thumbsu:

She was Rolls Royce stuff, don't worry about that. Would have been sensational back in the days of DISCO! What do you reckon Old Saint? Streaker, hope you didn't talk Footy all night and did you get the cuffs out?

It's good to take your mind of footy for a while???? Do you think if we have a guard of honour with Disco girls for B/Ford when they run out do you think Heathcote will win:thumbsu:

And by the way Storm Boy i've got work to do, i can not sit around and read a 10 min story:)

well lets just start with the north vs white hills game,i was there to see the whole thing. Nick is a signed north player but saying that he has never trained or played this year and this is the first game he has come to.The issue on the weekend is personal between nick and his brother has got nothing to do with north and could have happened anywhere. Nick and the people he was with were parked near the scoreboard were opposition supporters park ,so at the end of the game all the north people thought it was white hills people as one person had a red and black jacket on. So how about you stop taking a shot at north as they had nothing to do with what happend. Bob Saywer even said after the game it was a family issue.

well lets just start with the north vs white hills game,i was there to see the whole thing. Nick is a signed north player but saying that he has never trained or played this year and this is the first game he has come to.The issue on the weekend is personal between nick and his brother has got nothing to do with north and could have happened anywhere. Nick and the people he was with were parked near the scoreboard were opposition supporters park ,so at the end of the game all the north people thought it was white hills people as one person had a red and black jacket on. So how about you stop taking a shot at north as they had nothing to do with what happend. Bob Saywer even said after the game it was a family issue.

Great to hear a positive response from a doggy supporter Diesel. I came to the conclusion that the main abuser was a North supporter because he was wandering around on the ground after the game talking to north players and abusing Hills supporters and players like there were no tomorrow. I apologise if my comments may have been seen as derogatory to the North footy club as this was not the intention. My comments were;

"As for the crap that went down after the game, I cannot help but feel embarrassed for the majority of the North supporters who show up week in, week out to watch their team have a dip. Will I take my kids to this game next year?? I doubt it. Any doggy supporters care to comment ?"

So okay Diesel, I will bring my daughters to the corresponding game next year as it sounds like this was a once'er. And if there were three teams I would like to see as powerhouses for the next forty years in the HDFL they would be the Hillies, Huntly and North Bendigo. Home and close to home is where the heart is.

Fantom:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Great to hear a positive response from a doggy supporter Diesel. I came to the conclusion that the main abuser was a North supporter because he was wandering around on the ground after the game talking to north players and abusing Hills supporters and players like there were no tomorrow. I apologise if my comments may have been seen as derogatory to the North footy club as this was not the intention. My comments were;

"As for the crap that went down after the game, I cannot help but feel embarrassed for the majority of the North supporters who show up week in, week out to watch their team have a dip. Will I take my kids to this game next year?? I doubt it. Any doggy supporters care to comment ?"

So okay Diesel, I will bring my daughters to the corresponding game next year as it sounds like this was a once'er. And if there were three teams I would like to see as powerhouses for the next forty years in the HDFL they would be the Hillies, Huntly and North Bendigo. Home and close to home is where the heart is.

I suppose nick was talking to north players so he looked involved but most of the north blokes did not even know who he was. most people didnt even see what happened as north were leaving or had left the ground when they were down in the white hills pocket.

Good response Fantom i think everyone knows what went on Saturday i personaly would not think anyone would think any less of North Bendigo F.C. For what happened after the game i would be very very supprised if anyone did:thumbsu:

i agree with you diesel. no-one was stating he was a black mark on the nbfnc. majority of people realised what was going on, so no one is having a dip at the club. adam kinder handled it very well. the only worry was that maddeley seemed to get quite involved in it. hence adam stating the fact they were seeing if they could strike nick off there list and they were getting rid of maddeley.
what do you think will be the result of the tribunal diesel???

i can confirm that quote from the hillies pres diesel and you r correct, and that sort of behavior from family members or supporters should be far away from our local game, and kept undercovers and away from the public eye........at least until xmas day:(

i agree with you diesel. no-one was stating he was a black mark on the nbfnc. majority of people realised what was going on, so no one is having a dip at the club. adam kinder handled it very well. the only worry was that maddeley seemed to get quite involved in it. hence adam stating the fact they were seeing if they could strike nick off there list and they were getting rid of maddeley.
what do you think will be the result of the tribunal diesel???
Didnt think there was much in both reports and hopefully the gods see it the same way. Friday night went well with most of the 76,77 premiership sides there and some good stories about GCFL days.

Didnt think there was much in both reports and hopefully the gods see it the same way. Friday night went well with most of the 76,77 premiership sides there and some good stories about GCFL days.

Lived a couple of doors down from Buster Alford when I was a kid living in White Hills. Anyone reckon he may be a chance for another dip at Huntly?

Fantom :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back