Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyones thoughts of Strathfieldsaye entering the competition in 2009? Does anyone know what colours and emblem they will have yet?

Roos coach re-signed

by Matt Nicholls

WHILST the final decision was well overdue, Broadford Football Club gladly decided last week that Chris Nolan will be rewarded with another stint as head coach next year.
After a terrific season which saw Nolan cut down on player payments and take the Roos into the finals, the non-playing coach is rapt to get another crack at coaching Broadford.
Although the decision was made late compared to many other coaching appointments in the area, Nolan said he had plans in motion to counter the untimeliness of the arrangement.
“Since we were knocked out of the finals this year I’ve been thinking and planning on how we can improve next year,” he said.
"There were obvious frustrations that I needed to discuss with the committee before I committed; and even wondered at one stage whether the club thought senior success was paramount."
"Now its all been taken care of I’m keen and confident we’ll have a good season next year.”
While not confirmed, Nolan said he was hopeful he would retain most of this year’s players for the 2008 season. Kilmore recruit John Rowe is the only departure to date, having moved to Queensland.
There have been strong rumours in the Heathcote District Football League that this year’s Roos skipper Chris Dunne will sign at Bonnie Doon in coming weeks.
The Free Press is led to believe that not only will Dunne depart the Roos this year, he will also try and take some of Broadford's young stars with him to Bonnie Doon.
Nolan refused to give up on his skipper, and said he was a required player at Broadford next year.
“I have spoken to Chris, and he has told me he is speaking to Bonnie Doon this week and he said he'll inform me ASAP of his intentions, because it will leave a huge hole to fill should he leave, not to mention finding a replacement (as skipper).”
Nolan said if the captain did leave, it would leave a lot of the young players devastated, who showed faith in him by electing him as skipper.
“I think the playing group saw a much more committed Chris Dunne when they voted him captain last season, I'm hoping he'll repay their faith and stay,” Nolan said.
With confirmation that Broadford’s leading forward John Taylor has recommitted to the Roos next year, Nolan said he has good foundations to make the side go an extra step in 2008.
"We’ve got a heap of young blokes who I expect to take on much bigger roles next year. They had a taste of it this year,” he said.
After finishing the season in fourth position, Broadford was bundled out in the elimination final by Heathcote, a club that is also expected to advance next year.
Along with the success of the reserves (premiers) and Under 17s (runner-up), the future of the Roos is looking bright.
Nolan said younger players such as Matt Coomans, Liam Collier, Justin Webb, Nathan Simpson and Tyrell Dunne could be regular senior players next season.
“It’s going to be tougher to make the five next year as other clubs are spending up, but I think we have a list capable of doing it.”
Nolan has been busily approaching possible recruits, and may even have a brand new recruit within the ranks.
“I'd love to see to see Tommy Webster commit to senior footy. He’s a multiple premiership player who has had to overcome a serious illness.
“He proved he was still capable by winning our reserves best and fairest this year. Hopefully he now realises he still has plenty to offer at senior level.”
Taking over the reserves coaching job is John Boulton after reigning premiership coach Glenn Shearer did not seek re-appointment. Instead he sought the vacant Kilmore senior position recently appointed to Campbell Speers.
Pre-season training for Broadford will commence at Harley Hammond Reserve next Wednesday, December 5 at 6pm.

Roos coach re-signed

by Matt Nicholls

There have been strong rumours in the Heathcote District Football League that this year’s Roos skipper Chris Dunne will sign at Bonnie Doon in coming weeks.
The Free Press is led to believe that not only will Dunne depart the Roos this year, he will also try and take some of Broadford's young stars with him to Bonnie Doon.
Nolan refused to give up on his skipper, and said he was a required player at Broadford next year.
“I have spoken to Chris, and he has told me he is speaking to Bonnie Doon this week and he said he'll inform me ASAP of his intentions, because it will leave a huge hole to fill should he leave, not to mention finding a replacement (as skipper).”
Nolan said if the captain did leave, it would leave a lot of the young players devastated, who showed faith in him by electing him as skipper.
“I think the playing group saw a much more committed Chris Dunne when they voted him captain last season, I'm hoping he'll repay their faith and stay,” Nolan said.
/FONT]
" .

Surely with his talent, he (Dunne) could play in a bit better standard of football than the Benalla District comp :confused:
no offence BDFL Fans :eek:

Surely with his talent, he (Dunne) could play in a bit better standard of football than the Benalla District comp :confused:
no offence BDFL Fans :eek:

I think youll find money talks with chris. Hey Matt who would the players be that dunne would be trying to take with him to bonnie doon?

[/i][/b]

Thats Journo talk for "I'm buggered if i know I just made it up" which is no surprise as this is what this bloke is mainly on about.

Or, that I know Doona is gutted by it and doesn't want his players on the footy "meat market". It's not the kids' fault that Dunney is trying to poach them. He was pretty much unaware of it until I told him.

But if you really need names I've heard that Chris has approached his little brother Tyrell, along with Gillard, Simpson, Clint Moran and I think Drew James was the other one.

[/quote]But if you really need names I've heard that Chris has approached his little brother Tyrell, along with Gillard, Simpson, Clint Moran and I think Drew James was the other one.[/quote]

Thats interesting. Dont wanna push the source too much but are your jorno feelers telling you the chances that these guys will go or stay?

The Rumors just keep on coming the Tibbinator's way

The Tibbinator has heard that a certain no.1 gersy holder at the Grasshoppers is deadly serious about season 2008. The Tibbinator's spies tell him that this particular club vice captain is doing his first Triathlon tomorrow!
HDFL Forwards should be put on notice in '08

The Tibbinator hears rumors....
Tibbs I hear this extra training is all in a last ditch bid for the No1 Gurnsey holder to snag a sausage roll. Currently enduring a 7 season drought.

It would be interesting to find out if there are other HDFL regular Senior players that have gone that long goalless.

4 flags in 5 years is hard to toss regardless of the impact, don't think Bell has that in his CV, It would be fair to say who the hell has been worth any money in the last 6 or 7 years at Huntly, the only one I have seen from the dugout twice a year is Clohesy, he at least has a go and shows a bit of feeling out on the ground even if he does slag off at his teammates.
happen to know belly quite well and he has played in two flags in queensland. have to agree with you there though who has been worth the money huntly have paid out for the six to seven years. geary until he did his knee was probably one bloke who springs to mind. exceptional player who has had a horror run with injuries. but one player does not make a side. huntly need to start in there reserves and build from there. its no point having a good senior team and shit reserves. once injuries occur you have to bring blokes up who are capable of playing senior footy. its about having a good list and developing kids to become permanent senior players. develop a winning culture amongst the group. confidence is the key to success.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Any word up Locky way on recruits. Will pritchett get any players that have left over last couple of years. Dobson? Mitchell? Harvey? Or are more players on the move.

I think youll find money talks with chris. Hey Matt who would the players be that dunne would be trying to take with him to bonnie doon?

I'd prefer not to mention names.

[/I][/B]

Thats Journo talk for "I'm buggered if i know I just made it up" which is no surprise as this is what this bloke is mainly on about.

Or, that I know Doona is gutted by it and doesn't want his players on the footy "meat market". It's not the kids' fault that Dunney is trying to poach them. He was pretty much unaware of it until I told him.

But if you really need names I've heard that Chris has approached his little brother Tyrell, along with Gillard, Simpson, Clint Moran and I think Drew James was the other one.

Thats interesting. Dont wanna push the source too much but are your jorno feelers telling you the chances that these guys will go or stay?

Matt Nicholls did tell me this on the weekend, as did one of the young fella's named when I rang him. Both Skip and Tayls were told by Chris of this in September. Clint Moran admitted he was asked along with a few team mates but has got on our committee, Gilly currently in QLD but said he wouldn't have gone. Tyrell will go for a look during pre-season as Im pretty sure its a family connection that is luring the boys up there and young Simmo I think was contemplating it also at one stage but I think will stay.
Another name was Mitch Collier who is looking bulk up that frame of his over the summer months :D.

As long as we're all up front and honest and tell each other things im sure all parties will be fine. Disappointing if we lose any players indeed, and as a coach you take it persoanlly when players dont want to play for you - but I dont want anyone to have to cop the flak I did along with a few mates when I was at Yea - it's all about leaving the door open for when they want to play at Broady again, and hopefully they bring something back to show for the experience.

That being said, tis all speculation still until I get a phone call - here's hoping after the inroads we made in 2007 this group commits to each other to have a fair dinkum crack at a senior flag in the near future.

Any word up Locky way on recruits. Will pritchett get any players that have left over last couple of years. Dobson? Mitchell? Harvey? Or are more players on the move.

few guys in talks at the moment. dobby is still in noosa and col harvey in w.a so they wont be back this year.dont know about mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

happen to know belly quite well and he has played in two flags in queensland. have to agree with you there though who has been worth the money huntly have paid out for the six to seven years. geary until he did his knee was probably one bloke who springs to mind. exceptional player who has had a horror run with injuries. but one player does not make a side. huntly need to start in there reserves and build from there. its no point having a good senior team and shit reserves. once injuries occur you have to bring blokes up who are capable of playing senior footy. its about having a good list and developing kids to become permanent senior players. develop a winning culture amongst the group. confidence is the key to success.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Should have been happening for the last 6 or 7 years but there doesn't seem to be to many ex juniors there now that I can see, have heard 2 things that are dusturbing early days, coach is having second thoughts already and that 2009 (not 2008)is the year, clubs that say that shit have already given up next year and created an excuse for the players, supporters and the like which appears to be is what Huntlys all about. I have been involved in Junior Footy for years in other leagues and areas and kids that hear that crap and are part of that crap get sucked into the culture pretty damn quick, easy to create a habit hard to change.

Seems like you know it all upandcomer. I am sure Huntly want to lose. That's what all footy/netball clubs are about aren't they? You w*nker.

Should have been happening for the last 6 or 7 years but there doesn't seem to be to many ex juniors there now that I can see, have heard 2 things that are dusturbing early days, coach is having second thoughts already and that 2009 (not 2008)is the year, clubs that say that shit have already given up next year and created an excuse for the players, supporters and the like which appears to be is what Huntlys all about. I have been involved in Junior Footy for years in other leagues and areas and kids that hear that crap and are part of that crap get sucked into the culture pretty damn quick, easy to create a habit hard to change.

Spoke to Hamo tonight an the impression i got is he wants to develop the culture around the club into the sort of culture people want to be involved in. His not promissing a turn around to go out and buy a flag he just wants the club to get back to being competitive.......

Ex. RDFL superstar set to join Heathcote in what could be the biggest signing for the '08 season

Watch this space..

He must be pretty old by now as Ive followed the RDFL a little over the past decade or so and cant say Ive sighted many superstars :D

In saying that the BIGUMP did say the Saints wont be holding back on any outlays in the hope of a flag in 2008 ;)

He must be pretty old by now as Ive followed the RDFL a little over the past decade or so and cant say Ive sighted many superstars :D

In saying that the BIGUMP did say the Saints wont be holding back on any outlays in the hope of a flag in 2008 ;)
Have heard a similar story Phuket, with maybe not just one from the Riddell League but another who moved up closer to the border a while ago and maybe interested in coming down for a game. Only thing holding him back is the travel.;):thumbsu:

Have heard a similar story Phuket, with maybe not just one from the Riddell League but another who moved up closer to the border a while ago and maybe interested in coming down for a game. Only thing holding him back is the travel.;):thumbsu:

Cha ching $$$ . . . Heathcote are capable of covering such minor things :D

Obviously you don't follow the RDFL close enough Doona...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back