Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was good listening on the HDFL show on the Fresh (89.5) earlier with Elmore coach Bluey this weeks guest ........... his honesty and knowledge is always great to listen to, especially when he said Heathcote would be the benchmark (love it) - and from memory he also tipped North in an upset today over Colbo in the game I'll be along to have a squizz at.

Best of luck gents for today and the 2008 season :thumbsu:

Home Team v Away Team
North Bendigo 10.11 (71) v Colbinabbin 12.14 (86)
Huntly 10.10 (70) v Lockington Bamawm United 15.8 (98)
Heathcote 23.14 (152) v White Hills 12.5 (77)
Mount Pleasant 14.9 (93) v Elmore 15.13 (103)
Broadford 0.0 (0) v Bye 0.0 (0)

good to see the season start , hopefully all the shit spoken in the pre season is over heathcote were impressive today but remember its only round 1 lets talk about it round 10 -16 cheers

mudwump

dees will struggle

barfridge , farva or conrad , how do you rate huntly, big improvers? or have you deteriated? who got your best ? and how did the expired bus ticket go ?

barfridge , farva or conrad , how do you rate huntly, big improvers? or have you deteriated? who got your best ? and how did the expired bus ticket go ?
About a 19 goal turnaround from last time they met I think Locky would have gone home thinking they were lucky to get the points in that game. But in saying that it is only round one, there were good signs for both clubs and in my oppinion there true form will become more apparent over the next few rounds a few lot of players look yet to settle in, A very entertaining game of footy though, something you don't usually associate with a game Huntly are involved in:D. Unfortunate footnote from the game was the serious back or pelvis injury to one of Locky's forwards suffered in a collision with a teammate, hope he can make a speedy recovery:thumbsu: Anyone else able to give us a bit of a rundown on the other games.

About a 19 goal turnaround from last time they met I think Locky would have gone home thinking they were lucky to get the points in that game. But in saying that it is only round one, there were good signs for both clubs and in my oppinion there true form will become more apparent over the next few rounds a few lot of players look yet to settle in, A very entertaining game of footy though, something you don't usually associate with a game Huntly are involved in:D. Unfortunate footnote from the game was the serious back or pelvis injury to one of Locky's forwards suffered in a collision with a teammate, hope he can make a speedy recovery:thumbsu: Anyone else able to give us a bit of a rundown on the other games.

Brad Smit, something to do with a pelvis or vertibrae, not good for the young fella. Do you think something is wrong with the Huntly ground SMTM? LBU had 3 guts go down with knees in the 2s (______ Harris, Tod Woodfine and Hungry Nichol).

LBU were far from a full side but huntly did play well, just ran out of legs. Big tall side that prob lack one or two real classy mids/crumbing forwards.

Brad Smit, something to do with a pelvis or vertibrae, not good for the young fella. Do you think something is wrong with the Huntly ground SMTM? LBU had 3 guts go down with knees in the 2s (______ Harris, Tod Woodfine and Hungry Nichol).

LBU were far from a full side but huntly did play well, just ran out of legs. Big tall side that prob lack one or two real classy mids/crumbing forwards.
I think it was just one of those days for locky one of the twos blokes suffered a knee injury after a team mate was tackled heavily and landed on his mates leg, Huntly haven't suffered any injuries there through the preseason aswell as two recent practice matches on the ground, a couple of years ago Huntly had a similar run with three players suffering season ending knee injuries, you hate to see it but sometimes it happens and it is hard to put a finger on what causes it. I didn't see the other two incidents in what was a pretty fiesty game at times, with hard tackling and some hard bumps, lets just hope there not serious and they get back on the track soon.:thumbsu:

Went and had a squizz at the Mounts/Elmore show. Beautiful day for it and some half decent footy on show. Mounts looked good early and were all over it. Elmore took the front in the third and were never headed. Mounts onballers were really sharp early but unfortunatly ran out of steam. Bangit showed some pretty silky skills hitting a few of the mounts forwards lace out. He seemed to be struggling with a crook right shoulder later in the game and like a few others around him, just couldn't maintain the run for 4 quarters. Although Jamie Gee was good, prob kicked 4 or 5, he needed a bit more help up forward. I think mounts will put the construction of new away rooms on the back burner and go out a recruit another forward. Roy Shannon hasn't changed his attack on the ball, putting his head were he probably shouldn't have and come out of it with a broken beak and nick over his eye.
Hayes was dominant and was the difference between the two sides. Mckern presented well and added a bit of grunt to Elmore.He was involved in a couple of scuffles with a few different blue jumpers. Grant was good but I thought Perez was a bit on the quiet side.
Lookds like it shaping up to be a cracker of a season.

heathcote definately have the makings of a good side with a few to come in

With the likes of Hancock & G.Ring on the sidelines with shoulder injuries, there return will be potent along with S.Wylie (Long Term Injury List) will be very handy and will link up very well withMorgan.. Just on Morgan, i'm sure he answered his critics very well with his sizzling first half display yesterday..

With the likes of Hancock & G.Ring on the sidelines with shoulder injuries, there return will be potent along with S.Wylie (Long Term Injury List) will be very handy and will link up very well withMorgan.. Just on Morgan, i'm sure he answered his critics very well with his sizzling first half display yesterday..
What have you been drinking today? I will agree with you on the comment about Morgan though, helped set the game up early. As for Bluey's comment about Heathcote being the benchmark, I always thought the premiership side would be the benchmark of the comp especially when they've gone about their business the way that they have over the summer. My thoughts haven't changed after the results yesterday.

Went and had a squizz at the Mounts/Elmore show. Beautiful day for it and some half decent footy on show. Mounts looked good early and were all over it. Elmore took the front in the third and were never headed. Mounts onballers were really sharp early but unfortunatly ran out of steam. Bangit showed some pretty silky skills hitting a few of the mounts forwards lace out. He seemed to be struggling with a crook right shoulder later in the game and like a few others around him, just couldn't maintain the run for 4 quarters. Although Jamie Gee was good, prob kicked 4 or 5, he needed a bit more help up forward. I think mounts will put the construction of new away rooms on the back burner and go out a recruit another forward. Roy Shannon hasn't changed his attack on the ball, putting his head were he probably shouldn't have and come out of it with a broken beak and nick over his eye.
Hayes was dominant and was the difference between the two sides. Mckern presented well and added a bit of grunt to Elmore.He was involved in a couple of scuffles with a few different blue jumpers. Grant was good but I thought Perez was a bit on the quiet side.
Lookds like it shaping up to be a cracker of a season.

Went and had a look at Colbo vs North Bendigo. Colbo snuck away with the win. Colbo looked good when they used the footy, but turned it over a lot. A few looked liked they panicked when they saw a North jumper coming at them. I thought North Bendigo played better footy for 90% of the game but Colbo obviously got the chocolates. Tim Hill, Sam Hill, Riordan and Knight were all pretty good on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What have you been drinking today? I will agree with you on the comment about Morgan though, helped set the game up early. As for Bluey's comment about Heathcote being the benchmark, I always thought the premiership side would be the benchmark of the comp especially when they've gone about their business the way that they have over the summer. My thoughts haven't changed after the results yesterday.

RWB - I'll be honest mate, just a few Fitzroy Ruckman....Good effort from yourself yesterday, floated quite well off half back @ one stage...

As for Bluey's comment about Heathcote being the benchmark, I always thought the premiership side would be the benchmark of the comp especially when they've gone about their business the way that they have over the summer.

I think there was merit in what he said, they've turned a few over, maybe 1-2 players down on 2007's list, are looking at top 3 finish as compared to definate flag claims this time last year - whilst the Saints aint lost a key player and have added 5-6 quality players . . . . . . Im with Bluey Saints at this early stage :thumbsu:

Went and had a look at Colbo vs North Bendigo. Colbo snuck away with the win. Colbo looked good when they used the footy, but turned it over a lot. A few looked liked they panicked when they saw a North jumper coming at them. I thought North Bendigo played better footy for 90% of the game but Colbo obviously got the chocolates. Tim Hill, Sam Hill, Riordan and Knight were all pretty good on the day.

Just to even up the Nth side of things Thorsen, Kingdon and the ruckman ( no 27) were good. If they had of converted a couple of times when they had set shots could have been completely different. I thought Webb was playing on Knight although could have been playing on different continents they were that far apart.
I thought it was a pretty ordinary scrappy low skilled game from both teams but the size of Norths ground usually means you adapt to win at the Zoo.

Congratulations also to the low life shite bags who robbed bags in the rooms while the game was on.
PS - Nothing to do with NTH footy club at all but let it be a warning to all clubs

Just to even up the Nth side of things Thorsen, Kingdon and the ruckman ( no 27) were good. If they had of converted a couple of times when they had set shots could have been completely different. I thought Webb was playing on Knight although could have been playing on different continents they were that far apart.
I thought it was a pretty ordinary scrappy low skilled game from both teams but the size of Norths ground usually means you adapt to win at the Zoo.

Congratulations also to the low life shite bags who robbed bags in the rooms while the game was on.
PS - Nothing to do with NTH footy club at all but let it be a warning to all clubs

On that GG i though recruit Craig (#9) was good also but at times kicking let him down - agree though had the Bulldogs kicked goals the 2-3 times when they went forward in the opening 5 minutes of the last term the end result mighta been different. Thought Lomas was ok, Webby will add some hardness at the contest and used the ball well all day, little blokes Ignatenko and Berzacoff???? did abit too. Mind you had Nick Knight been song (I had him down for 4 behinds) the whole landscape of the match coulda been different, allowed to play corridor side all day and is the obvious go to a la Locky.

We had bags, gear etc pinched last season when we visited Atkins Street so it obviously is a weekly thing for the lowlifes that live near by, and again I repeat it has nothing to do with the president Adam Kinder and his footy club as these are not NBFC people doing it :mad:.

P.S - crowd was good in size - always a sign when you cant get a steamed dim rock at half :(

Most clubs i have played with have always had someone maning the changerooms door to stop any thieves and you would assume by now opposition clubs would take extra security measures when playing at atkins street.

You can't blame the locals , its their only source of income.

Apparently if you attend north's mid-year auction night you can bid for your stuff back!

Thought Lomas was ok, Webby will add some hardness at the contest and used the ball well all day, little blokes Ignatenko and Berzacoff???? did abit too.

Aaryn Craig was number 9 and I think he may have had a brother down back who also did well. Aaryn had alot of it but skills were ordinary. Half way there though just needs to tune up.
I had Knight down for 2 posters and 2 points. Should of probably kicked 5. Played around the centre and forward. Heard him squeal a few times and reminded me of one Bradley Sparks. " Kick it to me, kick to me" in a typical sparksy high pitch 9 octave squelch.

I reckon when Mark Watson comes back in the bullies are looking to be there abouts as he can play small and tall and I think they missed another marking target in the forward line. Play the ground very well.

I think there was merit in what he said, they've turned a few over, maybe 1-2 players down on 2007's list, are looking at top 3 finish as compared to definate flag claims this time last year - whilst the Saints aint lost a key player and have added 5-6 quality players . . . . . . Im with Bluey Saints at this early stage :thumbsu:

Doona, your still playing..:cool: Let's hope for everyones sake they have lost 1 or 2. Let's not forget the margin they won the flag by. Elmore still definitely the bench mark...

I'd like to wish all the best and a speedy recovery to Gezza Ring, Juddy Hancock (shoulders) and Steve earl (knee) who all went down in the first fifteen minutes of the 2's game. All have had solid pre seasons, so is a bitter blow to the boys and the club..:thumbsu:

On the left is off to anger management classes this week for his new record of fifties given. Welcome back coxy, who nearly had a heart attack before he ran out in the later game:D However he was extremely well behaved later on in the night, so that's a start for spud jr i spose.

RWB, where was your intellectual partner on the weekend, praying for the tiges? Ump you'd better make it to elmore as the BFG may be along.:D

Great win by the twos on Saturday. Especially having a few guys out.

Not so great for the ones although was a good game and if the game went for a bit longer we probably could have pinched it. Midfield was well down, given that most of them are over 30 maybe the sun knocked em around to much!

Doona, your still playing..:cool: Let's hope for everyones sake they have lost 1 or 2. Let's not forget the margin they won the flag by. Elmore still definitely the bench mark...

I'd like to wish all the best and a speedy recovery to Gezza Ring, Juddy Hancock (shoulders) and Steve earl (knee) who all went down in the first fifteen minutes of the 2's game. All have had solid pre seasons, so is a bitter blow to the boys and the club..:thumbsu:

On the left is off to anger management classes this week for his new record of fifties given. Welcome back coxy, who nearly had a heart attack before he ran out in the later game:D However he was extremely well behaved later on in the night, so that's a start for spud jr i spose.

RWB, where was your intellectual partner on the weekend, praying for the tiges? Ump you'd better make it to elmore as the BFG may be along.:D
Don't know where the imbecile was but I will tell you this, if Big Footy Girl is going to the footy this week, just try and keep me away!! On the Left made a stupid statement when he was on his thirteenth can early in the night and that was he won't give away that many fifties for the rest of the year. Yeah right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back