Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on lads the countdown is on, two more sleeps!!! Any shock selections tonight, anyone rewarded for a good pre-season (those who train will get a go etc etc)?

Must say the bye has worked out as a blessing with bloody injuries, blokes going away and general unavailabilities we mighta be a tad short for a two's side this Satdy.

Please don't have a crack at people who make spelling and grammar errors. I have looked at you last couple of posts and you have a few on them. For instance....thursday should have a capital T. Should I go on?

We all make mistakes, so if you do not have a good comeback just cop it on the chin. No harm in admitting defeat!

Capital F if you barrack for C/wood Left. Na Na thats ok, no need to thank me, Fursday.:D :thumbsu:

Ha ha...
Doona, Whats going to go on in Broady re: the thirds?
Pretty poor effort from the VCFL to allow this to happen on the eve of the first rnd!
Any strategy to get them up & running in the future?

Yes mate the timing of all this by the VCFL has been poor, but having dealt first hand during the demise of the CGFL Im not at all surprised either.

I have been talking with the SDJFL the past fortnight, put an idea to our junior club's president this week and are pretty sure we'll field either a 16's in the SDJFL or a 17s this season, last roll of the dice for a thirds but we gotta keep trying.

Problem is a demographic thing at present, the 12s and 14s have plenty so in a couple of years all will be sustained, but in 2008 it's paramount to our future that we field either a 16s or 17s as 14s to reserves is a gap we'd never recover from meaning 3-4 years and the BFNC as we know it would be on it's knees

Backs: Dan Andrews, Robbie Baldock, Smally Mac
Half Back: Matty Martin, Carl Treacy, Rick Pritchett
Centre: Adam Sims, Andy Maddison, Liam Main
Half Forward: Matt Carnie, Blair Suffolk, Brent McMinn
Forward: Sam Newth (C), Brad Smit, Ryan McMinn
Rucks: Phil Smith, Matt Mongiovanni, Kyle Nichol
Bench: Jayden Baldwin, Jared Ireland, Jamie Maddison, Joel Randall.

Only four newplayers: Baldock, Treacy, Pritchett (2006 b and f winner), Carnie (local coming back).

Was suprised with the LBU 2s side including fellow Harris, Steve Martin, Geckle McFarlane, Jared Mundie, Herman brothers and Kev Carne who's looked good in the ruck

Huntly (not in plaing positions)
BEATTIE, Jon...BERIMAN, Ashley...BERIMAN, Danny...BILLINGS, Mark...
CLOHESY, Steven...FRISWELL, Alan...GIBSON, Dylan...HARPER, Alex...
KELLOW, Shaun...LONG, Brett...LONG, Chris...MOULDAY, Garry... O'CONNELL, Brenton...O'CONNELL, Jesse...OSWALD, Haiden...POTTER, Jonathan...ROGERS, Brodie...RULE, Matthew...SHIELS, Beau...STANBROOK, Joshua...WILKIE, Kai...WINZAR, Jeremy

Here we go boys game on!!!!!
Tips:
Elm 1 point
Heathcote by 15points
Colbo by 35 points
And the upset of the round Huntly by 10points.
Im on the Huntly band wagon!!! Will it last longer than a week.
Danny Berriman to kick 6 in his first game.

Here we go boys game on!!!!!
Tips:
Elm 1 point
Heathcote by 15points
Colbo by 35 points
And the upset of the round Huntly by 10points.
Im on the Huntly band wagon!!! Will it last longer than a week.
Danny Berriman to kick 6 in his first game.

Mounts v Elmore: Elmore will start slowly and will have trouble with goals as Hayesy kiches 2.7. Mounts will get first use through Douglas and I believe has a better mid. Mounts by 33 points

Huntly v LBU: Trained well on thurs and moved the ball well, big open wings for Bongy and Mainy. Braaaaaas Smitttttttt to kick 7 with Huntly sticking with the cats untill half way through the last. LBU by 26 points

North v Colbo: Much tighter than expected, colbo will be a small side in round 1 and will rely on their running game which will not show on the small zoo ground. North will use their bigger more mature bodies well but wont be able to keep up the tempo and have fade outs. Colbo by 45 points

Heathcote v WH: How could you tip against them? With all these recruits and home ground advantage. Hills will show a bit of spirit but will miss Jones and the brothers Angrove. Heathcote by 70 points

Mounts v Elmore: Elmore will start slowly and will have trouble with goals as Hayesy kiches 2.7. Mounts will get first use through Douglas and I believe has a better mid. Mounts by 33 points

Huntly v LBU: Trained well on thurs and moved the ball well, big open wings for Bongy and Mainy. Braaaaaas Smitttttttt to kick 7 with Huntly sticking with the cats untill half way through the last. LBU by 26 points

North v Colbo: Much tighter than expected, colbo will be a small side in round 1 and will rely on their running game which will not show on the small zoo ground. North will use their bigger more mature bodies well but wont be able to keep up the tempo and have fade outs. Colbo by 45 points

Heathcote v WH: How could you tip against them? With all these recruits and home ground advantage. Hills will show a bit of spirit but will miss Jones and the brothers Angrove. Heathcote by 70 points

Despite not being in the league anymore I still know more about hdfl than lvfl (not saying much!) so here are my tips.

Elmore v Mounts: In all honesty this is a supporters tip I hope elmore win and I think they can win despite mounts impressive midfield. If the teams are correct elmore will miss schubert down back. Good luck to my old mate nivo who is finally getting the recognition he deserves with a starting spot in the senior side. Elmore by 1 point.

Huntly v LBU: Big wraps on the new cat recruits who have put some stalwart senior players to the twos for round 1 which is a good sign for the pussy cats. I hope huntly play well but I think even they will know it will take a few weeks for everything to really gel so in the mean time keep your heads up hawks because it may hurt for a little early: Cats by 50 points.

North V Colbo: Last years finalist will be very pumped to atone for the last match they played but I dont think they will find north a push over, they are alot quicker through the midfield than previous years and webby is providing alot of leadership and watson will only be better now there is likely to be more supply. However like the new look hawks the new look dogs may take a few weeks to sniff each other out. Colbo should be too good in the end. Hoppers by 30 points

Heathcote v White Hills: More hype about heathcote than a wrestlemania main event this year but I think there may be more substance here than posturing with a very impressive tall forward line and a quick on ball division. White Hills have lost both Angoves to the round ball and jones to the panthers but have picked up a couple of handy midfielders with Joyce a standout in a recent practice match and as always Spick and Bart will be more than a handful. Hillies may fly under the radar this year but the saints look set to be flying high: Heathcote by 45 points

Good luck to everyone hope its a great year in the HDFL.

The weather is likely to turn ugly tomorrow which gives nth a big chance at home and will probably help mounts at home also.

The other games seem fairly predictable except the extent of winning margins will be determined by the weather conditions.

The weather is likely to turn ugly tomorrow which gives nth a big chance at home and will probably help mounts at home also.

The other games seem fairly predictable except the extent of winning margins will be determined by the weather conditions.

Boys Give us a prediction for a big headline to come out of round 1!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huntly look like they have got a better list but and it's all well and good to aim for 6 wins but who do they beat?? Some chance when they play White Hills North and Broadford when they play them at home.
What do you blokes reckon?

post my opinion after tomorrows match. can tell you this if the ball moves quick theres 2 for locky that will carve up. the fridge in the sqaure and rad smit :D

is brad mundie at the bloods this year:confused:

I like birds

Is that a diamond firetail?

Fantom :)
The Diamond Firetail is a most striking finch with a bright red bill and red eyes and rump. The white throat and lower breast are separated by a broad black breast-band that extends into the strongly white-spotted, black flanks. It has a grey back and head, and ashy-brown wings. The call is a plaintive, drawn-out nasal 'twoo-wheeee'. Flight is low and direct, with slight undulations. Answer to your question Fanto, no:thumbsu:

The Diamond Firetail is a most striking finch with a bright red bill and red eyes and rump. The white throat and lower breast are separated by a broad black breast-band that extends into the strongly white-spotted, black flanks. It has a grey back and head, and ashy-brown wings. The call is a plaintive, drawn-out nasal 'twoo-wheeee'. Flight is low and direct, with slight undulations. Answer to your question Fanto, no:thumbsu:

give us a spell for a while.

HB, what is this cr*p all about.....when you could have been watching the bombers get demolished

Wallace summation - hee, hee, ha, ha
From a couple of years ago. Good to remember this.

Wallace inherited a team which had been in the finals in 94 and 95. 96 was the Year of the Dogs where he replaced Joyce. He then lead them to 3rd, 3rd, 6th, 8th, 10th, 13th. They got worse and worse every year. His winning record 54% is EXACTLY the same as Peter Schwabs' going into this
season.

He progessively dismantled the team. As his ball-winners (Libba, Dimma, Romero, Powell) left he didn't replace them. He kept getting more and more light-bodied recievers, including trading Montogmery for Eagleton. Why would you go for Eagleton when you allready have Smith, Johnson, Cameron etc.? He has left the Dogs in a terrible position with only Scott West to win the hard ball. After the 2 preliminary final losses the writing was on the wall that his team of wingmen could not win finals matches but he went more and more down that path.

The fact that Roos was able to takeover from Eade and get the Swans back in the finals is a complement to the good shape Eade left the club in. The fact that Rohde has no midfield and no key position players and can't get the Dogs to even sneak 10 wins a year is testament to the condition that
Wallace left the Dogs in.

His record with key position players was terrible. His run-run-run, chip it around, carry the ball, share the ball, flood flood flood game plan made playing forward impossable. He would not know a key position player (or forward) if one jumped up and bit him. This is the guy who recruited Simon Minton-Connell, James Cook, Steven Pitt, Paul Hudson, Kinglsey Hunter, Trent Bartlett, Daniel Bandy, Aaron James, Nicky Winmar and Andrew Wills.
His idea of key defenders is the likes of Simon Cox, Ben Harrison and Craig Ellis ... mixed in with Steve Kretiuk and Mathew Croft. If he hadn't been 'given' Darcy, Wynd and Grant he'd have been stuffed.

Other than the players he inherited Darcy, West, Grant, Johnson, Smith, Wynd and Cameron it is difficult to think of anyone other than Brown who has really done much. Robert Murphy offers a bit but he only played 9 games under Wallace.

He has almost no track record of developing players. A terrible record with forwards. No idea of what a key position player is. He is about the worst player trader there has ever been. He insists on having complete say on list management and upsets his players. When he quit the Dogs, the players said they wanted him out and they didn't want him to coach the last game on the year.

Terry Wallace self-publicist and media darling? Certainly. Terry Wallace coaching innovater with a clear plan? Yep. Terry Wallace good coach who could help a club if given a 2nd chance? Perhaps. Terry Wallace master-coach who can turn a club around, get the best out of under-performing players and solve a teams problems? Give me a break.

Like this Big Ump?????
Bring on Round 5...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back