Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doona2 said:
NEW COACH FOR ROOS
North Central Review
August 29, 2006

Broadford will advertise the position for Senior Football Coach after the club holds its Annual General Meeting on October 18.

There has been some speculation about whether the Club will retain the services of current Senior Coach Peter Brown but President John Berger was diplomatic when her told The Review that BFNC will advertise the position.

"The rules of association say that we have to advertise the position. So whoever is president and the committee will decide on that," said Berger, who intends to run for president again.

Doona, good luck if you put in for the coaching job at Roo land. BYO knife and keep it sheathed, you have seen what happened to the last 3 coaches !! At least we won a few more games in 05 I s'pose and only narrowly missed the finals !!

Brown was appointed coach in November 2005, replacing Ross Andrews.

Similarly to last season, the senior side missed the finals, finishing with six wins and 10 losses.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rosco5 said:
you have seen what happened to the last 3 coaches!!

What does that mean Rosco. You may think you were knifed and Brown may think the same, to me, that adds up to 2. The third coach was Paul Tilley and the club was put into a uncompromising position with him after his suspension. The club was told that "if he didn't stand down or be fired, that they would not be allowed to continue with the finals campaign," after he had refused to stand down earlier and had coached for an additional three weeks before the League made a decision, which for the players and supporters, the club followed. So I would disagree that he was knifed.

Several years ago when I was the HDFL piblicity officer it was a headache getting information out of clubs. Most of the time all I received was the goalkickers and best players for the round and from that I was forced to make up my own version of the match, some of which I got wrong. Unless informed by the clubs, Troy would not know which stars are out injured before doing his preview, which in my day had to be into the advertiser on Sunday afternoon's. There is little reward in the job, as supporters and clubs are continually looking for errors in the summaries and are only to eager to have a crack about something, but never provide information or assistance to help get the story of the day correct.:thumbsu:

Get off his back, or have the guts to take the job for a year yourselves and see how much support you receive from the clubs and League.:mad:

bloodhound! said:
Do you mean Andy grant went down quicker than a 2 dollar hooker?
I could have sworn it was from behind but then again i was still drunk from the night before so i could be wrong......still dont like that bloke tho number 10 cant remember his name....
Weise was actually Daltons direct opponent and Macca was the lose man.

What happened to the broady 2's blackbeard i hoped they would get through?

Yeah I was refering to grant with that statement. Not sure if it was legitimate or if he was playing it up a bit hoping for a free. I know I was hoping he'd retaliate and spice the game up a bit, I think at that stage of the game the Bloods were busy kicking a truck load of points.

Its dissapointing mate but we just ran into a better side on the day. We probably were carrying a few to many and they marked our better players well. The 4 or 5 blokes they had back from the 1's from last week certainly featured in there best as well. Not sure how we would of gone against mounts this week but I recon we match up ok with LBU, stiff sh*t now I suppose.

nesko_25 said:
I think a team of the year would be a good idea, as long as there is a runner of the year as well.........:thumbsu:

This is how OTM seen how the inter-league side earier:
B- Mick Ring HCOTE Rick Pritchett LBU Dallas Pedretti EL
HB- Eddie Dickens WH Matt Martin LBU Laurence Angwin BF
C- Cameron Carter MT.P Daimien Lock COL Nathan O'Brien LBU
HF- Sam Newth LBU Chris Dunne BF Mick Dobson LBU
F- Dennis Ryan MT.P Matt Waters HCOTE Gavin King NB
RUCKS- INTER-
Jaan Conheady HCOTE Jimmy Angove WH
Andy Grant EL Troy Shannon MT.P
David Fevealeki EL Daimien Smith HCOTE
Sam Hill COLBO

EMERG: Nick Redenback BF, Ryan Hayes EL, Steven Clohesy HUN.
* Daniel Geary & Adam Shawcross out injured.[/QUOTE]

What about Daniel Fletcher from Broadford. And Laurance Angwin played less than half the year how could u put him in?

i for one thought that elmore would go down the gurglar but they playe dsmart footy into the gale that was blowing in od heathcote town.
emu, hope you are not going to concede, say a granny if it was blowing a gail.
nesko ripper of an idea, only one problem would be gave king from north bendigo.

Heard the Big Fella Dalton has signed on with Broadford for 2007, his old man was at Broadford doing the deal on Sunday at the Colbo/ LBU Final.
Anyone else heard this? and just wondering what the Mounts lads would think knowing that they will be playing against him next season before this one has even ended.
Anyone know if the Mounts v LBU final will be shifted from White Hills ?

Da Cwub said:
Heard the Big Fella Dalton has signed on with Broadford for 2007, his old man was at Broadford doing the deal on Sunday at the Colbo/ LBU Final.
Anyone else heard this? and just wondering what the Mounts lads would think knowing that they will be playing against him next season before this one has even ended.
Anyone know if the Mounts v LBU final will be shifted from White Hills ?

Heard that one around the traps down this way before the ink had signed on his clearance to the Mountain Men earlier in the year. Will be a strange one, but maybe the coaching staff at Broadford, whomever it may be, won't want him in the side. Strange how you can sign players before the coaching appointments for the next season have been made.

scotywok said:
Heard that one around the traps down this way before the ink had signed on his clearance to the Mountain Men earlier in the year. Will be a strange one, but maybe the coaching staff at Broadford, whomever it may be, won't want him in the side. Strange how you can sign players before the coaching appointments for the next season have been made.[/quote]
Was thinking the same thing myself, but my source seemed pretty certain.

Wish people would learn to read. That team that was just posted was On The Moneys side that he posted earlier on in the season. Someone said HDFL should have a team of the year so I posted OTMs because he is well respected and if you dont agree with it, do your own and show us.

The game is at white hills, Trevor Arnel had a look at the ground sat and gave it the all clear. Personally I think the major finals should be played at Colbo, Elmore, Locky and maybe Mounts. The first 3 have the best grounds and facilities by far and the amount of people there would be more with Rochy and Echuca not featuring in the GV finals and the LVFL finished.

scotywok said:
Heard that one around the traps down this way before the ink had signed on his clearance to the Mountain Men earlier in the year. Will be a strange one, but maybe the coaching staff at Broadford, whomever it may be, won't want him in the side. Strange how you can sign players before the coaching appointments for the next season have been made.
Wok. Take it from me mate that this rumour is not true. Saw his old man last night at a meeting at the WFC and he hasn't signed to play anywhere in 2007. At the moment all he is concentrating on is Mounts having a win this week.

I agree with the comments about Troy Auld. Thought he did a great job with the reviews and reflections upon games this season. It' s a big ask to do this in your spare time and I thought he did a really good job in promoting the Heathcote and District Football League. I would have loved to have heard him on 89.5 on Saturday mornings, although I know time would have been a problem for him.
I thought I would have a crack at picking the leading votegetters for each club for Sunday's big event.
Firsts Seconds
Colbo Sam Hill Bart Leahy
Locky Mick Dobson Chad Jones
Heathcote Jaan Conheady Brad Polson
Mounts Troy Shannon Adrian Cronin
Huntly Mark Billings Danny Williams
North Peter Maloney Dean Stevenson
Elmore Andy Grant Mark Ingram
White Hills Eddie Dickens Troy Anderson
Broadford Daniel Fletcher Aaron Bray

Da Cwub said:
scotywok said:
Heard that one around the traps down this way before the ink had signed on his clearance to the Mountain Men earlier in the year. Will be a strange one, but maybe the coaching staff at Broadford, whomever it may be, won't want him in the side. Strange how you can sign players before the coaching appointments for the next season have been made.[/quote]
Was thinking the same thing myself, but my source seemed pretty certain.

I have better mail straight from the horses mouth, that he will be back in the Essendon District League kicking goals with some mates.

It would be great to play with the big fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

scotywok said:
Several years ago when I was the HDFL piblicity officer it was a headache getting information out of clubs. Most of the time all I received was the goalkickers and best players for the round and from that I was forced to make up my own version of the match, some of which I got wrong. Unless informed by the clubs, Troy would not know which stars are out injured before doing his preview, which in my day had to be into the advertiser on Sunday afternoon's. There is little reward in the job, as supporters and clubs are continually looking for errors in the summaries and are only to eager to have a crack about something, but never provide information or assistance to help get the story of the day correct.:thumbsu:

Get off his back, or have the guts to take the job for a year yourselves and see how much support you receive from the clubs and League.:mad:

If the preview has to be in that early then that is crap, and it makes him look like a goose, but does he go to any training sessions or games? Wouldn't be hard to get to 4 or 5 training sessions during the week though, and if reporting is a full time job, then that would be part of it I think. I already have a full time job, so don't personally attack me about not becoming the publicity officer.

Isn't Troy's job full time Frankenreiter?

In the Bendigo Soccer League, the clubs have to provide a summary of each game by 8pm game day or they get fined. The HDFL should bring this in.

oldmanemu said:
If the preview has to be in that early then that is crap, and it makes him look like a goose, but does he go to any training sessions or games? Wouldn't be hard to get to 4 or 5 training sessions during the week though, and if reporting is a full time job, then that would be part of it I think. I already have a full time job, so don't personally attack me about not becoming the publicity officer.

In the Bendigo Soccer League, the clubs have to provide a summary of each game by 8pm game day or they get fined. The HDFL should bring this in.

No - my understanding is that Troy is a school teacher who does the write-ups in his spare time. Troy does all the write-ups for the Heathcote League football record 'Yabba' and puts some stories on the website. Troy's analysis is also used in the Bendigo Advertiser but he doesn't work for them - it is a spare time job.

oldmanemu said:

A full time job???? I doubt it buddy. The top scribes for the AFL can't even get stories rigth half the time so what hope does a poor bush reporter have. Troy has done a great job this year and the "Short Hands" column adds a personel touch to the league. We would all like to see a few more stories about the league in the Addy during the week (ie; milestones,injuries, etc), not just the weekly reviews and previews, but that type of journalism should be undertaken by The Addy's full-time reporters. The contrast between footy coverage in the Shepp News and the Addy is massive, with Shepp News easily winning. Given The Addy serves a much larger catchment they need to pull there finger out!! Any critism of Troy is just the same old story of people hiding behind walls throwing stones, but doing nothing themselves about it.

scotywok said:
What does that mean Rosco. You may think you were knifed and Brown may think the same, to me, that adds up to 2. The third coach was Paul Tilley and the club was put into a uncompromising position with him after his suspension. The club was told that "if he didn't stand down or be fired, that they would not be allowed to continue with the finals campaign," after he had refused to stand down earlier and had coached for an additional three weeks before the League made a decision, which for the players and supporters, the club followed. So I would disagree that he was knifed.[/QUOT

Scotty, my apologies if you thought I meant you and the 2004 committee, it was more to do with how he was treated by some in 2005 (not meaning JB and some others I can assure you).
Myjab Indaback was nothing to do with the playing group. I have fronted 2 of the people who threw the knives while I was strapped to the wheel and they denied it, typically.
I am led to believe Farmer quite literally walked on the club on the Thursday night prior to the last game due to the attitude of 'some people' at the club. Don't know how true that is but it came from reliable sources.
There are some great people at the club and a lot of quality players and young blokes coming thru, the disappointing thing is that these players and the kids do not have any stability and haven't had it for years so how are they supposed to improve as a group without that stability that a 2-4 year tenure coach will give. :thumbsu:
If they dont win a flag some people there just want to aR$e Hole the coach and everything will be better, they couldn't be further from the truth. And the return of players who leave mid-season for CASH $$$ can only destabilise the group and add to disharmony, especially amongst the staunch older players and disilluionment among the younger kids. :eek:
That is all, my apologies again.

Frankenreiter said:
No - my understanding is that Troy is a school teacher who does the write-ups in his spare time. Troy does all the write-ups for the Heathcote League football record 'Yabba' and puts some stories on the website. Troy's analysis is also used in the Bendigo Advertiser but he doesn't work for them - it is a spare time job.

Well my apologies go out to Troy. Where does all the money the Addy makes go then if they used spare time people???

As for this weekend. What does everyone think?

Mounts to win both ones and twos is my tip. I'm not sure who is in the 3rds apart from White Hills.

Rosco5 Myjab Indaback was nothing to do with the playing group. I have fronted 2 of the people who threw the knives while I was strapped to the wheel and they denied it said:
Sorry myself Ross. But the same people who stabbed you mate have been the ones apporaching coaches and players and then stabbing them once things turn sour and have been doing so for well over a decade. Maybe, they should look at themselves and throw knives at the mirror.

But back to your Doona2 rumour. I also have heard around the traps that he's keen to have a run. The most important thing in his favour is that he certainly has the ability to attract players from his large circle of contacts and friends, this was proven when he was appointed coach of Yea. Also, and nothing against the previous coaches, he is a local and in recent times the club has been struggling to attract local interest and is appointment can only be a step in the right direction. After all he has coached at senior level, has senior experience to develop the youngsters into a successful team - otherwise, in ten years time, the club will be like Hawthorn and taking about the outstanding youth they have at present.:thumbsu:

i just heard that marcus mckern broke a tendon in his foot and will still play in the granny but will get injections before the game and take painkillers

nesko_25 said:
Second page, every1 lift its finals. My tips are LBU, Mounts, LBU

Im hearing ya nesko :thumbsu: c'mon fella's get amongst the finals fever

nesko_25 said:
Second page, every1 lift its finals. My tips are LBU, Mounts, LBU

I'll take mounts by 6 goals. I can't see them being that bad again and LBU weren't that impressive last sunday. Webb to return and I'd expect Roy to play as he is a tough little nut and this is a cut throat game.

heathcote to upset Mounts in the 2nds. Heathcote gave them a run a fortnight ago and with the inclusion of those 4 to 5 senior regulars I'd think they'd get up.

White Hills cause they finished 2nd.

League count on Sunday any one tipping that one?????

Looking at last years numbers Roy Shannon didn't poll all that well and I think he may go a bit unnoticed by the umps. Would stil love to see him get up. I'll go with the heart and say Roy in 1's and Bray in the 2nds. For a couple of roughies I'll take 2 heathcote lads in Tom Tobin and Bradley Polson.
Matt Coomans in the 3rds

tight tussle but i'll stick with mountain men - just!
reserves will also be a good game - the 'scoaters to cause an upset. Hillies 3rds to win

I'll stick with Aggots Grant to win league medal, i think i tipped him a few weeks back so i'd better stick with him. Shannon, Lock, Tobin, Fletcher, to figure well in voting.

2nds is wide open, Kane Gould from Colbo should poll very well. Bray is a chance and will do well 2nd half of year. Bigshow polson, and a fella from LBU who plays on the wing will go well to....

Forget who I previously mentioned but can I now change previous posts and lock in a Shannon (Mts) & Hill (Colbo) tie, Bray (B'frd) and Coomans (B'frd) to win the B & F's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back