Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard from sum1 else now that dalton has signed at elmore for 750 large one's.
regardless of the amount if elmore has signed dalton then they are not doing themselves any justice.

Every1 is also saying that Dalton has signed in the EDFL. Adam does have relations in Elmore, Locky and Rochy so does have alot of family up this way.

If he was to play in the HDFL I couldnt see him playing for any1 other than mounts, after all thats were he got a premiership medel and mounts would have to clear him to Elmore and I doubt if the mountain men would ever do that.

i heard from sum1 else now that dalton has signed at elmore for 750 large one's.

Can catgorically deny this rumour ablett. Adam and his mate Robbie Powell have both signed at Maribyrnong Park in the EDFL for somewhere around the equivalent amount of coin.

Couldn't see Mounts clearing him to Elmore or anywhere else in this comp as well. But it could make for interesting viewing should he line up against the Mountain Men.

This rumour seems to gathering some strength OTM, but there is little if no chance that any of those mentioned in the rumour will be at Roo park next season.

Did my little mate Joffa mention this as I had one of his infamous late night calls from Benny Knights engagement party on Satdy night? Joffa was coming to Yea the past 4 seasons also and never fronted . . . . . so this will be another believe it when it happens thing.

Did my little mate Joffa mention this as I had one of his infamous late night calls from Benny Knights engagement party on Satdy night? Joffa was coming to Yea the past 4 seasons also and never fronted . . . . . so this will be another believe it when it happens thing.

Haha i actually know Joffa and that definitely sounds like something he would do. Spoke to Hirdy recently as well and he didnt mention anything about going to broady when we talked footy but it may be a development of the last few days/weeks

Haha i actually know Joffa and that definitely sounds like something he would do. Spoke to Hirdy recently as well and he didnt mention anything about going to broady when we talked footy but it may be a development of the last few days/weeks

Played a bit of rep footy with Hirdy when we were in the 3rds, very good player and will be handy wherever he lobs.
There's a group of us that feel somewhat repsonsible for the unleashing the beast that is Joffa, following a now infamous week at Bendigo Country Week where as a 15-16 year old he became one of the legends of SDCA for that memorable tour of duty :thumbsu:

Ha ha doon, sounds like joff for sure! pretty good mates with him myself, but now you bring that infamous country week up, i can recall playing against seymour at kennington that year and you were batting and a big dumb bowler (hint: a ruckman who has had more clubs than woodsy!) thought he would mouth (more like threaten) the doona! Joff tells me there is more to that story that may have occured on the thursday night on the turps!!!!

You would be right, my source was the one and only ....

Ha ha doon, sounds like joff for sure! pretty good mates with him myself, but now you bring that infamous country week up, i can recall playing against seymour at kennington that year and you were batting and a big dumb bowler (hint: a ruckman who has had more clubs than woodsy!) thought he would mouth (more like threaten) the doona! Joff tells me there is more to that story that may have occured on the thursday night on the turps!!!!

Ha ha yeah thats right had words with Big Al Morris that day - think I was still emotional about the day he spat at my idol Steve "Whale" Pannell up at Elmore. Also think I was surprised at the pace (lack of) he generated from that lenghty run up . . . . more like admiration coz after 4-5 nights on the gas we were all well and truly off the short run ups by then.

Now Im entrigued, geez that Thursday was against Northern United C.C. or Campaspe from memory, sorry but I cant quite remember, especially since our earliest to bed was about 4am for the week . . . . good times!!!

Allan was a bit older than me, but lets be honest was a pretty damn good ruckman in the HDFL in his day, does he still play?

Yeah I have been reading that on the GV thread, was wondering if it was true. You were saying you'll start pre-season in dec and see how many locals are keen then start recruiting. Have you got most locals on board? I wish you all the best Doona as I can very confidently say you have the best group of 17-21 year olds, I just hope you hold onto them as it will be good for the comp and the reputation of the league.

hey nesko mate, just wondering on your opinion (or anyone else) on colbo's group of 15-21 year olds.. i can confidently say that they would run rings around broadford's.

ben johnson, blair mccormick, tim hill, sam hill, tom hill, seth hill, sam vale, darcy gorman, hugh barlow, jake weppner, hadleigh sirett, kev bloom, jarod ryan just off the top of my head, all capable of playing senior footy next year.

Ha ha yeah thats right had words with Big Al Morris that day - think I was still emotional about the day he spat at my idol Steve "Whale" Pannell up at Elmore. Also think I was surprised at the pace (lack of) he generated from that lenghty run up . . . . more like admiration coz after 4-5 nights on the gas we were all well and truly off the short run ups by then.

Now Im entrigued, geez that Thursday was against Northern United C.C. or Campaspe from memory, sorry but I cant quite remember, especially since our earliest to bed was about 4am for the week . . . . good times!!!

Allan was a bit older than me, but lets be honest was a pretty damn good ruckman in the HDFL in his day, does he still play?

Yeah Doon! Big Als still having a kick. He's been playing with Pyramid Hill in the Lodden Valley FL the past 3 seasons, they got rolled by Calivil in this years granny after finishing on top. Before that he was playing up in Canberra somewhere for a few years, but like diggidog said he's had more clubs than Woodsy! I played against him about 10 years ago when he won a league medal playing for Kerang in the old Northern and Echuca FL, not a bad player, good tap ruckman strong mark but had one of the most awkward kicking styles i've seen for a while! James Manson eat your heart out!!! Not a bad bloke but a bit of a loose cannon at times!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Doon! Big Als still having a kick. He's been playing with Pyramid Hill in the Lodden Valley FL the past 3 seasons, they got rolled by Calivil in this years granny after finishing on top. Before that he was playing up in Canberra somewhere for a few years, but like diggidog said he's had more clubs than Woodsy! I played against him about 10 years ago when he won a league medal playing for Kerang in the old Northern and Echuca FL, not a bad player, good tap ruckman strong mark but had one of the most awkward kicking styles i've seen for a while! James Manson eat your heart out!!! Not a bad bloke but a bit of a loose cannon at times!

Pyramid Hill actually got Al Morris from Eaglehawk where he played in 2003 and 2004. He has been based in Canberra for the past few years and flown home for games.

Just on Pyramid Hill some might be interested to know that Phil Birchmore Assistant Coach of North Bendigo in 2005 is meant to be Coaching the Lodden Valley Dogs in 2007.

how are our ur grounds holding up? its gona be a fcuking hot summer and with little resources for water what will clubs do. we will be fine at elmore but input from other clubs would be useful so we will know what the bloods will be up against in 07 when on the road.

Hey Doona you have been a little bit quiet on whos playing at broadbean this year just quietly going about your business you have to give us somthing anything ******** mate make it up and knowing the SDCA you blokes would have been lucky to see the ball come Thursday

Pyramid Hill actually got Al Morris from Eaglehawk where he played in 2003 and 2004. He has been based in Canberra for the past few years and flown home for games.

Just on Pyramid Hill some might be interested to know that Phil Birchmore Assistant Coach of North Bendigo in 2005 is meant to be Coaching the Lodden Valley Dogs in 2007.

Forgot about Eaglehawk OTM! Just another one of his old clubs!!! I think he may of had a stint with South Bendigo back in the late 90's as well! I heard he had put in for the coaching job at the Hill so he may be a little upset if Phil has got the job! Although it would be hard to coach if still based in Canberra!

Any news on the 3 Bendigo clubs Huntly, North Bendigo or White Hills. I have heard that 1 of the 3 grounds are in pretty good nick the other 2 are like a ROAD!

Luke Hill is back at the club which will bolster the midfield. He's played the last 3 yrs at Newtown in the Geelong league. Billy Odgen is aiming at a comeback after 2 yrs out of the game post ankle reco, and Damian Ellis is also on the comback trail after shoulder surgery and a couple of yrs stint with Rochester.

Three handy players there HJ! All tasted premiership glory! Elsy a quality CHB, lets hope he can have a full year of footy injury free! Billy a 7 foot wingman who can play anywhere and Butch Hill who is an absolute gun! Played with him about 4 years ago when we flogged the pants off the Lodden Valley! Not the quickest player but knows how to get the pill and uses it well. Gun bloke to. If you can keep the same list as last year HJ with these inclusions and possibly a couple of others, you guys wont be far away!

Any news on the 3 Bendigo clubs Huntly, North Bendigo or White Hills. I have heard that 1 of the 3 grounds are in pretty good nick the other 2 are like a ROAD!

Unfortunately Huntly's ground is a disgrace. When we played there last year, admittedly it poured rain, but their were lakes everywhere and no grass at all. The council have totally stuffed it up when they make it bigger and "levelled it out". Should have been left alone as there was nothing wrong with it.

White Hills ground is also as hard as a rock. Prelim final day was a shocker.

North's ground wasn't too bad in footy season but dunno what it's like now.

I guess this is just a sign of things to come really. Sporting events will need to take a backseat or clubs will need to install half a dozen or so water tanks before next summer to help them with water. It's like people complaining that pools will be shut down over summer in Bendigo. Now, do you people want to swim, or have something to drink and use at home???

i spose white hills will be in luck, thanks to the " super pipe" running past the ground along the creek bed. rumour is the ground will start to be watered from late feb or early march

Here's a good story for you fella's

(Mitchell Shire residents didn't get this story in full in The Free Press, only readers of the Romsey/Lancefield edition did).

Meldrum leaves
Redbacks
by Matt Nicholls

ROMSEY’S hopes of winning the Riddell District Football League premiership in 2007 have been dealt a massive blow, after skipper Alistair Meldrum was appointed as coach of Heathcote last week.
Meldrum’s appointment means that the Redbacks have lost three premiership players since the season ended, with Mark Strack and Brydon Morgan heading to Wangaratta and Diggers Rest respectively.
There is also strong speculation that Meldrum will bring team-mates Daniel and Luke Carroll to the Saints.
If the Carroll brothers join Meldrum at Heathcote and veteran forward Shaun Hunter retires as expected, it could mean that the Redbacks will start the season without six of their key players.
The losses are likely to sting newly appointed senior coaches Mark Dipietro and Darren Lingard, who have big plans for Romsey next year.
Although Dipietro and Lingard are speaking to a number of players to enlist next year, and are confident of recruiting well, they have a lot of holes to fill.
A two-time club best and fairest winner and winner of the RDFL’s best and fairest, the Bowen Medal, Meldrum is excited about the prospects of his first senior coaching role.
Heathcote president Andrew Conforti is also pleased the Saints were able to obtain Meldrum, believing he can lead the club from finals contenders to premiers.
“We’re thrilled that Alistair has come on board. We were desperate for a playing coach,” he said.
“We tried to sign him last year as a player, we see him as a very good prospect for Heathcote.”
After making the finals in the past two years in the Heathcote District League, the Saints will be desperate to win their first premiership since 1992, despite making the grand final seven years running between 1989 and 1995.
One bonus for Meldrum at Heathcote is that two fellow police officer friends, Dan O’Bree and Wayne Sanders, will stay at the club next year.
No doubt their presence was a big factor in getting Meldrum’s signature, who found it hard making the decision to leave Romsey.
While there is no doubt that Meldrum’s presence will be a positive for Heathcote, it is the question mark over Romsey’s 2007 season that has most people talking.
It’s going to take some good recruiting by Dipietro and Lingard if the Redbacks are to be a force next year.
The footy season is hotting up!

hey nesko mate, just wondering on your opinion (or anyone else) on colbo's group of 15-21 year olds.. i can confidently say that they would run rings around broadford's.

ben johnson, blair mccormick, tim hill, sam hill, tom hill, seth hill, sam vale, darcy gorman, hugh barlow, jake weppner, hadleigh sirett, kev bloom, jarod ryan just off the top of my head, all capable of playing senior footy next year.

Ah aker..... Colbo do have a good young group but you know as well as I do that Seth Hill and Vale are at ACK next year and wont play much. Kev Bloom has no chance of playing seniors and Weppy, Hadders and Jarod were in and out of the 1s. Barlow does go alright but wasnt he in the 2s? Correct me if I'm wrong.

All the Hills are good, Butch will be a massive inclusion next year. Whats the go with Silly, is he on the move?

Broady have very good youngsters in Morgan, Duggan, Littlewood *2, then there was the underfeated 3rds team. Coomans (league skipper, B&F winner), Gillard (Calder), Williams, Simpson and Webb (Calder). Any1 else Doon? This is just my opinion Aker, I could say Elmore have the best youngters with Hayes and Fev or I could say LBU, Main, O'Brien, Bongy, Emmerson. So Aker what are your plans, playing wise next year?

Hey oldmanemu, are mounts holding onto the young fallas coming out of 3rds or are they heading back into Bendigo? Theres a bit of talent there.

Hi Weed,

Elmore have been the most dissapointing club in HDFL history. Weak, infighting pack of rodents the comp have ever seen. Had no chance of beating Colbo or Mounts in finals. HDFL league clubs must look hard at themselves. If you keep giving westley, lececk, cluff, cail, mckearn, longford money and any support, keeping handing the flags to mounts and colbo as they seem to be the only clubs with structure, get a life bloods

Isnt Westly a convicted criminal? and that is who they have as a captain??? no wonder elmore are the way they are! a good leader doent go around belting up cops! what a ********er.

and whats the go with Cluff? is he sick or something??? looks like he has aids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back