Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt Westly a convicted criminal? and that is who they have as a captain??? no wonder elmore are the way they are! a good leader doent go around belting up cops! what a ********er.

and whats the go with Cluff? is he sick or something??? looks like he has aids.

i am a newbie to this thread, and am an elmore fan. wes is a good mate of mine and not sure he would like what you just wrote there maxxy, keep it clean mate

so what, he's not the first and he wont be last to do it. just one thing hes not a convicted criminal, he was found guilty in court but a conviction wasnt put on his record.
is that right bloodhound

so what, he's not the first and he wont be last to do it. just one thing hes not a convicted criminal, he was found guilty in court but a conviction wasnt put on his record.
is that right bloodhound

Sure is andy no conviction there for wes and not something that needs to be discussed on this website by people who dont know all the facts but listen Max if you want to discuss any of that with Wes face to face you just let me know and il arrange a meeting for you and you can relay your thoughts directly to him......

I actually got a laugh out of the cluffy call but he's a very good friend of mine so i can. Not sure if you are mates with him Max are you??

how does the new coach of heathcote go as a player? what position does he play?

Centre half forward. Captained Romsey last year. Club and league best and fairest winner. GUN

He and the Carroll brothers are massive recruits, Luke Carroll is one of the best wingers going around and Daniel can play anywhere, but is most dangerous on a half forward line.

Centre half forward. Captained Romsey last year. Club and league best and fairest winner. GUN

He and the Carroll brothers are massive recruits, Luke Carroll is one of the best wingers going around and Daniel can play anywhere, but is most dangerous on a half forward line.

Sure is gunna settle that RDFL vs HDFL banter from a while back, to see how well these RDFL guns go in the better going at HDFL level :p

a chf will take some pressure and realiance(spell check) off waters and smith.
they'll need another ruckman to replace conheady heading back to a swan hill club.

Sure is gunna settle that RDFL vs HDFL banter from a while back, to see how well these RDFL guns go in the better going at HDFL level :p

Riddell would have beaten Mount Pleasant this year. Simple as that. The HDFL is stronger overall, but the gun sides from both sides would have been about equal. Let's not go back to this! Haha.

i dont really think its fair either way to compare competitions unless you play them in an interleague match with everyone available. even then it is not a real indication i dont think, i remember 4 or 5 year ago when hdfl thumped the lvfl by about 10 goals. clearly our league is alot stronger than that

HDFL has there AGM tonight lads, any word on topics for discussion, possible positional changes at the top?

I reckon it's about time they bit the bullet and increased the age limit from 17's to 18's and get in line with the majority of the VCFL. Outa interest Id be keen to know how many leagues across the state have 17's compared to 18's?

Id like to see em approach the BFL and consider using the QEO as a grand final venue. Amazes me that so many minor leagues continue not to explore the possibility of their big day at a major venue.

Dont jump down me throat HJ32 and the Colbo faithful, just a thought :D

im with u doona, i really think we could showcase the granny in bendigo. from what i have seen of colbo, i loved playing on it, but why not move it into town, if not the qeo, wade st has got the facilities, now it just needs to get the ground in order. it could evn host the granny.
under 18's i think is the way to go doona, but not if your boys keep going the way there going doona

i dont really think its fair either way to compare competitions unless you play them in an interleague match with everyone available. even then it is not a real indication i dont think, i remember 4 or 5 year ago when hdfl thumped the lvfl by about 10 goals. clearly our league is alot stronger than that

Last year the HDFL flogged Golden rivers, they thought they had an awesome side and when I watched the game down at Ballarat I couldnt help but notice some of "our" guns were not playing. I think thats the reason why there was no inter-league match this year which is a shame.

Maybe someone can bring it up at a league meeting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HDFL has there AGM tonight lads, any word on topics for discussion, possible positional changes at the top?

I reckon it's about time they bit the bullet and increased the age limit from 17's to 18's and get in line with the majority of the VCFL. Outa interest Id be keen to know how many leagues across the state have 17's compared to 18's?

Id like to see em approach the BFL and consider using the QEO as a grand final venue. Amazes me that so many minor leagues continue not to explore the possibility of their big day at a major venue.

Dont jump down me throat HJ32 and the Colbo faithful, just a thought :D

I think minor leagues would find it tough to run an 18's comp in competition to the major leagues surrounding them. eg BFL and GVFL where the kids get more exposure in the higher standard.

I would love to see the GF held at the QEO. The MCDFL run there grand final at Princess Park in Maryborough and Each club gets a cut of the gate and they rotate the canteen and raffles and BBQ and beer tent every year. It would also gain a bit more exposure from the general public in and around Bendigo. Could only be a positive i reckon.

ablett,

from what i have been told eddy dickens was chased pretty hard by south, but from what i have told he will line up for white hills again. I would hop so anyway. he would probably be the most consistant player for white hills since 2001-2002. he is well liked around the club, and while i have no doubts he would be a fine player for south, i'd hope he stayed at white hills.
i've also been told that if he left, he'd return to dookie, where his father is el presidente

bloodhound, ben dyett the greedy f--k has about 40 on his lists each year, square are going the same way. surely some of the disheartened ones could find there way down the highway

I think minor leagues would find it tough to run an 18's comp in competition to the major leagues surrounding them. eg BFL and GVFL where the kids get more exposure in the higher standard.

I would love to see the GF held at the QEO. The MCDFL run there grand final at Princess Park in Maryborough and Each club gets a cut of the gate and they rotate the canteen and raffles and BBQ and beer tent every year. It would also gain a bit more exposure from the general public in and around Bendigo. Could only be a positive i reckon.

Exactly maximum exposure, and who knows a few Bendigo people might see how good a standard the HDFL has become, and then ya's all can pillage BFL clubs some more ;)

I dont think 18's would matter too much re: exposure. As Ive said to a few Broady kids tossing up about the GV 18's, if you aint in the respective squads (Bushies, Pioneers, Cannons) by now you're gunna be hard pressed anyway. There are other options once you're better developed, but for me 18's footy is 18's footy.

So why dont our clubs get selfish, and use the final years development for our own benefit, instead of losing these kids to BFL and GVFL just for the sake of one more year of junior footy

I wouldnt mind that Doona but I doubt alot of clubs will do for it, I think the reason why it isnt in place already it that Elmore, Colbo and Locky have under 14 sides in the GC comp and alot of parents dont want their kids going fromplying against kids their age in 14s to playing against young men in under 17s the gap is to big so they sent them off to play under 16s in rochy. mounts I'm guessing would be opossed maybe along with the other Bendigo clubs because they get their players from between the age groups that play in Bendigo and if they went to the same age groups there would be less juniors willing to play in the HDFL

ablett,

from what i have been told eddy dickens was chased pretty hard by south, but from what i have told he will line up for white hills again. I would hop so anyway. he would probably be the most consistant player for white hills since 2001-2002. he is well liked around the club, and while i have no doubts he would be a fine player for south, i'd hope he stayed at white hills.
i've also been told that if he left, he'd return to dookie, where his father is el presidente

Pretty sure Chas Dickens stood down a season or so ago, Virgina Boyd I think is Dookie's current president. Reading the PDFL and KDFL threads they have been rather aggressive in the recruiting thus far.

when i was running around in the under 17's years ago, alot of the boys left after that to go play 18's in bendigo. the problem was although not in any rep squads they belived to make it to them you had to play a major league, they were also told that. they need look no further than blokes like weeks, featherstone, bongiavanni, to realise, you can play country footy and still make the big boys

another good reason for the gf to be played at the qeo is there won't be any home ground advantage.
you would think the crowd would be bigger by attracting more bfl and lvfl supporters being in bendigo rather than colbo.

regarding the move from 17's to 18's.
one positive would be the kids that are 18 b4 or during the season can drive themselves and team mates taking a big strain off parents especially considering some of the distances travelled and the time of 3rd's games.
alot off hdfl clubs loose players purely just because they wan't to stay in the age group opposed to wanting to play in bfl 3rd's.
i think it bridges a big gap from just turning 17 to just turning 18 in meturity and body size.

andy, i also heard the dickens dad once played for sth and his father would like him to have season their too.

you should ask him, being a fellow teacher aswell.

i thought the last interleague game was against lexton plains???

Sorry Andy you're totally right

I dont think 18's would matter too much re: exposure. As Ive said to a few Broady kids tossing up about the GV 18's, if you aint in the respective squads (Bushies, Pioneers, Cannons) by now you're gunna be hard pressed anyway. There are other options once you're better developed, but for me 18's footy is 18's footy.

I know plenty of kids from this league that have went on to play rep footy. Grant Weeks under 15s-18s, Seth Hill under 15s, Sam Vale under 15s-16s (Colbo), Rob Tuohey under 15s-18s, Ryan Hayes under 16s-18s, Norm Kortum under 15s (Elmore), Matt Bongiovanni under 15s, Nat O'Brien under 15 and 18s? (LBU), Daniel Anderson under 16s-18s, Lech Featherston under 18s, Salidino under 15s-16s (Heathcote). There is also a kid from WH thats trying out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back