Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I beleive 4 of them named played last year, we know what happened last year, then I believe, another 4 names mentioned played at the club in between 1-3 years ago, history speaks for itself.

They are all good players in their own right, dont get me wrong, but majority of those players should not be your cream of the crop players for Huntly.

The 4 you are talking about would be Chris Long, Jessie O'Connell, Matt Rule and Steve Clohesy. 3 of them are under 21 and Clohesy has won best and fairests at a couple of clubs. The others are guys who are 6 foot 3 or taller, and can play on ball or key position. It at least gives them a dozen decent core players to work with and their coach has a pretty decent football background. They look to be a young side but they have to start somewhere.

I wouldn't underestimate them, but wouldn't expect them to make finals either, but would be a chance to beat North, White Hills, Lockington and Broadford. Elmore, Mount Pleasant, Heathcote and Colbo are at a different level.

The 4 you are talking about would be Chris Long, Jessie O'Connell, Matt Rule and Steve Clohesy. 3 of them are under 21 and Clohesy has won best and fairests at a couple of clubs. The others are guys who are 6 foot 3 or taller, and can play on ball or key position. It at least gives them a dozen decent core players to work with and their coach has a pretty decent football background. They look to be a young side but they have to start somewhere.

I wouldn't underestimate them, but wouldn't expect them to make finals either, but would be a chance to beat North, White Hills, Lockington and Broadford. Elmore, Mount Pleasant, Heathcote and Colbo are at a different level.
Well I guess we'll find out saturday week when they front Locky who have recuited fairly well over summer wont we.

Good hit out against Calivil on Saturday. Think they were a bit short. Bad luck to the guy with the badly broken leg for them. Was a bit like Nathan Brown.

How did North go against Marong? And how did White Hills go yestie?

Good hit out against Calivil on Saturday. Think they were a bit short. Bad luck to the guy with the badly broken leg for them. Was a bit like Nathan Brown.

How did North go against Marong? And how did White Hills go yestie?

North won, don't know what the score was though. It was a six quarter game.

North won, don't know what the score was though. It was a six quarter game.
Heard that North were very ordinary and the Marong boys took a lot of positives from this game.
Not sure of what the winning margin was or anything like that but from the mouth of a Marong player he was expecting quite a lot more from North and they weren't even close to delevering.

Practise game though so read into it what you like.

Exactly, take a look at the Heathcote v Riddell result for instance :D Just kidding lads, who were the noted absentee's for the Saints and did RWB front and perform and was the short priced fave for best clubman (Big Ump) on hand?

Spoke to a young Riddell player (Rocket Sonaghan) at work this morning who played in the two's and had 4 kicked on him by the Boc - said he got sick of hearing how good his (Bok choy's) brother was as a player and a coach by the time the final siren sounded

Exactly, take a look at the Heathcote v Riddell result for instance :D Just kidding lads, who were the noted absentee's for the Saints and did RWB front and perform and was the short priced fave for best clubman (Big Ump) on hand?

Spoke to a young Riddell player (Rocket Sonaghan) at work this morning who played in the two's and had 4 kicked on him by the Boc - said he got sick of hearing how good his (Bok choy's) brother was as a player and a coach by the time the final siren sounded

The Boc certainly pushing for a ones call up after his two performances in the praccy matches.. Looking very sharp out there :D

The Boc certainly pushing for a ones call up after his two performances in the praccy matches.. Looking very sharp out there :D

so Ive been told - honestly wouldnt think he'd be the worst bloke of his vintage should he crack a few in the one's

Heard that North were very ordinary and the Marong boys took a lot of positives from this game.
Not sure of what the winning margin was or anything like that but from the mouth of a Marong player he was expecting quite a lot more from North and they weren't even close to delevering.

This post doesn't seem to alot of logic to it. Marong believe there in the mix to play finals again while North finished well from the finals action last year and aren't expected to be a force this year again to for someone from Marong to beak off about their performance when they got rolled wouldn't make much sense.

This post doesn't seem to alot of logic to it. Marong believe there in the mix to play finals again while North finished well from the finals action last year and aren't expected to be a force this year again to for someone from Marong to beak off about their performance when they got rolled wouldn't make much sense.

That's what I was thinking Junky. I would like to know the positive's that Marong took out of the game if North were so ordinary but still won!!!:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just writing what i was told. Didn't ask into the situation at all.

Oh the chewbocca is a huge inclusion to the two's this year.......He is just showing me glimpses of the old days.....Spring BOC of 98'!!

RWB did front for sat.......Lot of work to do!! Looked like the BIG ORANGE APPLE. Some compared him to landmarks found in our northern states!

Big Ump was there....not sure what he done thou! :D

who were the noted absentee's for the Saints

Waters, Jess, Thomson, plus Tobin M Ring Morgan and L Carrol each played around half the game.

Heathcote had players of the ilk of P Ring, Jake Harman, J Hancock, B Sheppard, M Hilson running around in the 2's, all could waltz into Huntly's senior side, who have a lot of work to do to be competitive at this level one feels. Campbell is a massive loss and IMO can't be covered by Brett "son of Chris" Long.

Waters, Jess, Thomson, plus Tobin M Ring Morgan and L Carrol each played around half the game.

Heathcote had players of the ilk of P Ring, Jake Harman, J Hancock, B Sheppard, M Hilson running around in the 2's, all could waltz into Huntly's senior side, who have a lot of work to do to be competitive at this level one feels. Campbell is a massive loss and IMO can't be covered by Brett "son of Chris" Long.
Well lets just hope they live up to all the hype surrounding them otherwise there might be a fair bit of humble pie being devoured later in the season:)

Oh the chewbocca is a huge inclusion to the two's this year.......He is just showing me glimpses of the old days.....Spring BOC of 98'!!

RWB did front for sat.......Lot of work to do!! Looked like the BIG ORANGE APPLE. Some compared him to landmarks found in our northern states!

Big Ump was there....not sure what he done thou! :D

I was their old mate, doing all the little things that go unnoticed
My old mate RWB done a great job in the Orange shirt,just 1 complaint from some players RWB. could you get some fake tan for the legs:D

Yeah I saw tony baker at the pub last night , looked like he was carrying around the plastered up dog from Something about mary , turns out it was just his forearm and not a dog , what a let down ! :( And to add to the woe Casey Nance is heading back to Echuca Bombers or somewhere , any truth to that ?

yeah seen the dog slash arm think the doctor was under instruction to milk it a little hope for hounds sakes he is only on per game payments, and no more nance too. moved back from melb to echuca, lbu trainings are that bad are they.:rolleyes::thumbsu:

showmethemoney said:
Well lets just hope they live up to all the hype surrounding them otherwise there might be a fair bit of humble pie being devoured later in the season:)
Time to pull up King, and advise other people on this thread thinking that flags are won in March to do the same. showmethemoney is spot on and i've seen it happen far too many times in footy. I would also recommend not putting a slant on other teams, joking or not.....

Time to pull up King, and advise other people on this thread thinking that flags are won in March to do the same. showmethemoney is spot on and i've seen it happen far too many times in footy. I would also recommend not putting a slant on other teams, joking or not.....

The lid is officially on at Barrack reserve - party poopers :(

Dear showmethemoney and realtaste, where has anyone from Huntly said they will win the flag? Idiots.

All they have said is that they believe they will be competitive and win a few games. It will take them time to gel, as there are around 10 new senior players out there, but they will be a lot better than last year. I will guarantee that.

Dear showmethemoney and realtaste, where has anyone from Huntly said they will win the flag? Idiots.

All they have said is that they believe they will be competitive and win a few games. It will take them time to gel, as there are around 10 new senior players out there, but they will be a lot better than last year. I will guarantee that.
Mate my comment was not directed at Huntly read it again, it was there for anyone pumping up sides this time of year. The Hawks seem to be trying very hard to to turn there fortunes around I hope there efforts bear fruit and they can move ahead and up, surely that can only benifit the whole league:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back