Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
seen huntly's ground earlier this week and it's in suprisingly good nick considering the lack of love from the rain gods
Guys, how many clubs are training on their grounds.
Most clubs in the BFL seem to be training at alternative destinations due to the condition of their ground, is it the same in the Heathcote league.

W.hills start training back at their ground this week i believe, any hillmen on here can tell me what is was like or how they pulled up, it still looks pretty dry when i drive past on the way to home.
The pipe could'nt come any sooner by the looks of it.

PS.You wan't big muscles , visit now!

Some early injury news out of elmore is that 2004 interleague rep Jarrod Weise has a buldging disc in his back and wont be able to do any training for 5-6 weeks. ITs also a blow to his new job at the Park Hyatt where he conducts "personal training sessions" with the cliental who are generally very rich mens unattended wives and Bruce Mcavaney. He is now banished to the reception desk.
Hopefully can get back on the track asap as he is an important player for the bloods and one of our best in the GF loss

Most clubs in the BFL seem to be training at alternative destinations due to the condition of their ground, is it the same in the Heathcote league.

W.hills start training back at their ground this week i believe, any hillmen on here can tell me what is was like or how they pulled up, it still looks pretty dry when i drive past on the way to home.

Was taking a wander round on Trickey oval on Monday night with the kids. Oval looks a treat but is dry as the bejesus. Hey Pinnacle, its no good looking at meridian on the way home! why not stop and go for a jog? Ya never know you may end up with a job in what shapes up to be a good lookin year for Beverly (Hills that is). Hey Andymeister and Brentmeister, Any goss on a possible Styner revival?

Was taking a wander round on Trickey oval on Monday night with the kids. Oval looks a treat but is dry as the bejesus. Hey Pinnacle, its no good looking at meridian on the way home! why not stop and go for a jog? Ya never know you may end up with a job in what shapes up to be a good lookin year for Beverly (Hills that is). Hey Andymeister and Brentmeister, Any goss on a possible Styner revival?

Can only tell you what Ive heard on the track Fantom, that Styner has been approached and is weighing up his options for 2007. With the MacCumbers now taking ownership of the Brougham Arms, they are probably keen on finding a club that they can jump on board with some sort of sponsorship aswell, so with the Hillies already looked after by Jimmy and Dodgy this would probably complicate things.

All that being said, with good mate of Styners in Sammy Gill coming back to the club, we are hopeful of getting Dave and possibly even Scotty Mac to jump on board.

As for the state of our ground, its has a tinge of greenery about it but like every where else is rock hard. To the best of my knowledge the boys had a light night out there on wednesday, so wouldnt expect anyone to be too sore, especially after some of the nights weve had out at Rosland park so far....heat and steep hills dont mix well! Hoping to have some water on the ground within 6 weeks.

With our season here kicking off a couple of weeks after the CMFL, Lalbert are hoping a few of us lads who have moved away might be able to come back and play the first two games for them
What are your thoughts on that then? Are going to go back and play the first two at Lalbet? I would think if you do go back then they will try to talk you in to staying for the full season!!!:D

What are your thoughts on that then? Are going to go back and play the first two at Lalbet? I would think if you do go back then they will try to talk you in to staying for the full season!!!:D

Not real keen on the idea as it is only two weeks. If it was a bit longer it would be ok, The Lalbert committee have guarantedd anyone who goes back to help out will be claered as soon as thier season kicks off. My old man is on the committee their and he will take care of it.

Not real keen on the idea as it is only two weeks. If it was a bit longer it would be ok, The Lalbert committee have guarantedd anyone who goes back to help out will be claered as soon as thier season kicks off. My old man is on the committee their and he will take care of it.
And if you dont go back will they clear you anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally Posted by BrentmeisterGeneral
As for the state of our ground, its has a tinge of greenery about it but like every where else is rock hard. To the best of my knowledge the boys had a light night out there on wednesday, so wouldnt expect anyone to be too sore, especially after some of the nights weve had out at Rosland park so far....heat and steep hills dont mix well! Hoping to have some water on the ground within 6 weeks.[/quote]

Just stopped n had a look at meridian on my way past. Pretty much the same surface condition as huntly. Nothing a tonne of rain wont fix. Is young Wrighty playing this year? Just happened to see this kid play every week last year and he just got better n better, and what about the Jones boy? Just one game last year, How's he shaping up and where on the field can we expect to see him playing?

Just dropped the Mrs of at B-Ball a took a peak at the Locky ground and it's looking a treat, a full cover of green grass about 8 inches high. Hope no farmers see it:eek: . My mail is that Big Charlie has all but sighned at the Cattery, he came down and had a run Wednesday night and was very impressed with things, but i guess you've never got them until they run out in round 1. Time will tell!!!

Just dropped the Mrs of at B-Ball a took a peak at the Locky ground and it's looking a treat, a full cover of green grass about 8 inches high. Hope no farmers see it:eek: . My mail is that Big Charlie has all but sighned at the Cattery, he came down and had a run Wednesday night and was very impressed with things, but i guess you've never got them until they run out in round 1. Time will tell!!!

Really think Charlie would look better in Red n Black. Locky's a fair way to travel and they tell me the price of fuel is about to go thru the roof. How's the Bamawm Extension ground looking? If no one's gonna use it I may have grounds to claim it back under the great grandfather, great grandson rule.

Received similar mail down this way a few weeks back from a former Bendigoite, Smythe to LBU was his way of thinking too

Really think Charlie would look better in Red n Black. Locky's a fair way to travel and they tell me the price of fuel is about to go thru the roof. How's the Bamawm Extension ground looking? If no one's gonna use it I may have grounds to claim it back under the great grandfather, great grandson rule.

Blue and White Hoops for me Maggot! Get a car load coming back and it's loose change;) !!! The BXT ground is battling a bit these days Fantom, they use it for showing horses:(!!! 1986 was the last time the Mighty Tigers played on it from memory. Pretty good claims there mate i reckon:thumbsu:. Who was your great Grandfather?

Blue and White Hoops for me Maggot! Get a car load coming back and it's loose change;) !!! The BXT ground is battling a bit these days Fantom, they use it for showing horses:(!!! 1986 was the last time the Mighty Tigers played on it from memory. Pretty good claims there mate i reckon:thumbsu:. Who was your great Grandfather?

I be descended from team Sinclair, Original owner of that plot and now live in Epsom. Grew up in White Hills and have a youngin play for Huntly jrs. Seems I have a soft spot for a few teams here. Sorry if your readin this Roota, Pleasant Mounters aint one of em. he he.

Would Smythe offer that much these days to a club that will be pushing for top spot this year?

hes getting on and was moving slowly last year......

LBU's lacked a quality tall forward for years now creek and even though he's getting on a bit he would still offer plenty! I don't think the Axe would of moved much quicker when he was younger any way would he? At this stage i think LBU will be battling for 3rd 4th 5th or 6th pozzy, with so many departures from last year! Mounts and Elmore look to be the early pick for top spot, but theres plenty of time for teams to get those signatures on paper! Point taken though Creek!

Big Charlie would handy out at locky you would think.
He kicked 60 odd last year in a bottom side so in a top 5 side with the ball coming down more often and being better delivered he would kick 80 plus atleast if he plays all games.
He might be getting a bit slower has he ages, like most of us, but you don't loose your height and marking ability plus he's a pretty consistant kick for goal, i wish i had his size.

I read in the addy a few ago that Eddie Dickens signed at Sth. Bendigo but according to the league transfers list there's been no clearance put in as yet, so doe's that mean he is not 100% left w.hills.
A few White hillians that i've spoken to about it where'nt sure themselves, was just wondering if any one had an update because with the promising recruits that have already committed and retaining Eddie would be a big bonus.

Two or three nights a week when driving home i notice Reece Poyner jogging towards the lake and i see he has lodged a clearance to go back home, last time i seen him he said he was staying and his brother was playing too, whats changed since then? Bloody young blokes!

Is this the same Pinnacle who was sacked from Tooleybuc ??

Not sure of your situation ROOTA#6, but what value can you provide in 2 games?? If you are leaving anyway, wouldn't Lalbert be better off looking after the ones who want to be there the whole year?? I would think it would be in the clubs best interest to kick off on the right foot a play those blokes.. Also what if you do play & injure yourself 1st or 2nd game
MT's would be disappointed.
Do yourself a favour, what for you clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back