Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard of only 3 good players at huntly Clohesy, Longy, Geary is there anyone else that can have an impact on a game from huntly because if they don't i'm predicting a similar year to last having little success.

yea there is a bloke there with the name of garry moulday..i have been watching this bloke alay and he is very big and tough. i really thinkonce he comes back there forward line will improve about 8 goals a game. i happened to see scouts watching him ai south bendigo a few years ago. just keep an eye out him cob..

yea there is a bloke there with the name of garry moulday..i have been watching this bloke alay and he is very big and tough. i really thinkonce he comes back there forward line will improve about 8 goals a game. i happened to see scouts watching him ai south bendigo a few years ago. just keep an eye out him cob..

hitlar if you think moulday is going to turn the fortunes around for huntly you have honestly go no idea what you are talking about. :thumbsdown:

i am not sure if you were watching all game but you have to be kidding about steven clohesy being in the best? i thought he was well down on his usual standards.. i think the return of garry moulday this week will boost there (huntly's) spirits and forward line..

Originally Posted by hitlar
wat a seen last week andrews was coaching from the side lines and he never looked to be moving that well. hopefully for at. a he is out this week. the only bloke i have seen stop him is a. fithall. very handy player. as for roo boy, his days are numbered..

Hey hitlar, how many games can you get to on one day?? Very hard to get to Broadford to watch the HDFL then back to watch Charlton play. Steven (Tony Mokbel) Closhey was by far the best on ground.

It's only very early in the piece but in what shapes as a very even year I'd have Colbo a slight favourite and I wouldn't jump off Elmore yet they got rolled by 3 points played a large proportion of Saturdays game with 17 and were without a host of regulars.

Heathcote beat Colbo in a practice match by 5 goals but Colbo still looked very handy. Who are the "host of regulars" still to come back into elmores team i've been told by a very good source there is only 2 players

It's only very early in the piece but in what shapes as a very even year I'd have Colbo a slight favourite and I wouldn't jump off Elmore yet they got rolled by 3 points played a large proportion of Saturdays game with 17 and were without a host of regulars.

I'm starting to think you don't like us mounts boys OTM, i thought you might have us as slight favourites? With 6 or 8 out, and playing locky on their home ground we came away with over a 6 goal win......

Heathcote beat Colbo in a practice match by 5 goals but Colbo still looked very handy. Who are the "host of regulars" still to come back into elmores team i've been told by a very good source there is only 2 players

colbo werent handy against heathcote, they were ordinary and were missing doak, jacobs, millar among others so i would definately not be judging them off that game. thats the worst youre gonna see of them this year.

Dirt Carter, Brad Crockett, Rick Smith, Robbie Lecek, Dallas Pedretti, Zeb Tuohey, Adam Rout.

I don't mind Mounts Trigga I just think people are pretty quick to say Mounts are a standout because of their past successes. Mounts have had to work super hard in both 05 and 06 dropping 4 or 5 games in both seasons before winning it. At the moment I would say you blokes are one of the sides with the potential to win but I suspect you need Dalton and possibly another top liner.

I don't mind Mounts Trigga I just think people are pretty quick to say Mounts are a standout because of their past successes. Mounts have had to work super hard in both 05 and 06 dropping 4 or 5 games in both seasons before winning it. At the moment I would say you blokes are one of the sides with the potential to win but I suspect you need Dalton and possibly another top liner.[/quote]

Fair comment OTM, but i think mounts may surprise some people with some of the new recruits once we get them all on the park.

Yes you are right one round of footy does not decide a flag at all and very hard to jump on board one team and dismiss another after round one. Heathcote also spent 30 mins with seventeen on the ground due to a player being sent off. Matt waters also did not play and I hear there is another key position player to come in? Clubs will have players in and out all year thats just footy so any win regadless of who has played will be valuable at end of year. Escpecially if it is tight up the top end. Does anyone know the results from the reports over the weekend??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard of only 3 good players at huntly Clohesy, Longy, Geary is there anyone else that can have an impact on a game from huntly because if they don't i'm predicting a similar year to last having little success.

J.Winzar A.Campbell J.Homewood D.Elford B.Ezard M.Rule M.Billings and couple still yet to come, club suffered from some injuries and work commitments in round 1. Credit to Broady they ran the game out very well, hopefully Huntly will have a better showing this week against the Hills.

Yes you are right one round of footy does not decide a flag at all and very hard to jump on board one team and dismiss another after round one. Heathcote also spent 30 mins with seventeen on the ground due to a player being sent off. Matt waters also did not play and I hear there is another key position player to come in? Clubs will have players in and out all year thats just footy so any win regadless of who has played will be valuable at end of year. Escpecially if it is tight up the top end. Does anyone know the results from the reports over the weekend??

From what I can see, it seems to be a more open year for a few teams to win the flag. A lot of teams seem to have had quite a few changes in there playing groups both ins and outs and after 1 game and a praccy or 2 would be to difficult to see a stand out.

Mounts - Always up there
Elmore - Who knows what they can do
Colbo - Like Mounts and should improve on last year.
Heathcote - Impressive so far and a serious contender
Locky - Doubtful of flag but will push sides
Broady - ?? big improvers
Others - Doubt it

I also think injuries may play a big part with some sides this year!

From what I can see, it seems to be a more open year for a few teams to win the flag. A lot of teams seem to have had quite a few changes in there playing groups both ins and outs and after 1 game and a praccy or 2 would be to difficult to see a stand out.

Mounts - Always up there
Elmore - Who knows what they can do
Colbo - Like Mounts and should improve on last year.
Heathcote - Impressive so far and a serious contender
Locky - Doubtful of flag but will push sides
Broady - ?? big improvers
Others - Doubt it

I also think injuries may play a big part with some sides this year!

hey guys just seen the results for the broady game and noticed a name by JOHN TAYLOR - just wondering if its the same taylor i played with in the ESS dfl at pascoe vale???
great player when on song, v hard to stop!!!
can any one tell me where he played after walking out at pacco???
he mighnt have played the rest of the year, not sure,
Thanks guys
also how is heathcote looking this year with the prize pick ups from romsey???

I think Mounts are the side to beat again with Colbo and Heatcote not far behind if not on even terms at this early stage then i would have Elmore,LBU Broady, andd a drop to the others.
looks to be a very strong and hard year in hdfl GOOD TO SEE......

think it will be a battle out of four
mounts - depends what they do in regards to mid year
colbo - sound an even team, plenty of avenues to goal, and a handy defence by the sounds
heathcote - picked up some quality big men but lost the best in the league, in smith, there abouts again
elmore - have got the team, if they want to win it
broady will be the big improvers, locky may slip back to the field from there consistant third on the ladder over the last few years
the others would be rebuilding i'd think.
campbells creek have folded due to lack of players. how many of them have north signed

I think Mounts are the side to beat again with Colbo and Heatcote not far behind if not on even terms at this early stage then i would have Elmore,LBU Broady, andd a drop to the others.
looks to be a very strong and hard year in hdfl GOOD TO SEE......
I agree with you Sam, Mounts have earnt that right and step up when it matters and seem to back it up consitently. Elmore, Colbo, Heathcote, LBU will fight it out and I think B'Ford will surprise alot this year, From what I hear Doona runs a good ship and will have prepared his team well.... And it is great to see the comp tightening up! Proves its on the improve again this year....

hey guys, heard a bit about a kid jarad baldwin from locky, gathers a mean footy and kicks well, anyone heard about him?

Huntly vs White Hills
Elmore vs Broadford
Mount Pleasant vs Heathcote
LBU vs North Bendigo

I heard on the grapevine that Ian Kaye (the classy rover who can take a spectacular mark from Rutherglen, according to the Website) is dissatisfied with Elmore already and is keen on getting home to Rutherglen.

Also in other Elmore news, with Ryan Hayes and Bill Longford suspended, there have been suggestions that Tony Southcombe will take to the field in a playing coach role to fill the void left in the ruck. He apparently gave a reason for this saying that he didn't want to tinker with removing Ryan Wiese from centre half back as this may have a detrimental affect on the sides balance. Because of last nights wet conditions, Tony was hampered from moving freely around the ground but still felt he'd be right to "just provide a contest" on Saturday.

Huntly vs White Hills
Elmore vs Broadford
Mount Pleasant vs Heathcote
LBU vs North Bendigo

I heard on the grapevine that Ian Kaye (the classy rover who can take a spectacular mark from Rutherglen, according to the Website) is dissatisfied with Elmore already and is keen on getting home to Rutherglen.

Also in other Elmore news, with Ryan Hayes and Bill Longford suspended, there have been suggestions that Tony Southcombe will take to the field in a playing coach role to fill the void left in the ruck. He apparently gave a reason for this saying that he didn't want to tinker with removing Ryan Wiese from centre half back as this may have a detrimental affect on the sides balance. Because of last nights wet conditions, Tony was hampered from moving freely around the ground but still felt he'd be right to "just provide a contest" on Saturday.

Were our teams in the Addy Santoz? Got sidetracked last night and dunno if I got em off on time - the Shepp News deadline for teams seemed a bit later than the Bendigo paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back