Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
J.Winzar A.Campbell J.Homewood D.Elford B.Ezard M.Rule M.Billings and couple still yet to come, club suffered from some injuries and work commitments in round 1. Credit to Broady they ran the game out very well, hopefully Huntly will have a better showing this week against the Hills.

B.Ezard has "retired", i heard he will be linning up for his old club St Arnaud within the month. G.Moulday is another player you missed, FF who has kicked some big bags in the NCFL, apparently he is having one last crack at it this year, all reports he has strip fit and is ready to explode.

yeah the side is in the addy doona.

there was a C Nolan named in the pocket though, dunno what that's about ???!!!

You reckon Im past it H? In fact me last senior game, i think it may av even been me last ever at broady was up at Elmore years back, thought I might have a ruun for old times sake :p Reckon I got 4-5 that day so fingers crossed ;)

Big encounter looms this week for Doona "Big Footy" Nolans men at the Elmore recreation reserve. Coach Nolan notched up his first win for the club in empahtic style last week, which saw his super roos over run Huntly in the second half outscoring them by 18 goals.
Will Broadford super coach Nolan get his chargers over the line again this week?? For me im selecting, Broadford by 21 points, Tayls to kick 6
Good luck doon :thumbsu:

My tips for the weekend are:

White Hills over Huntly
Mounts over Heathcote
LBU over North
And in a close on Broadford over Elmore

What happened out at tooleen roota?? Is this Heatcote squad the real deal? Have only heard the scores so wouldn't mind a bit of a wrap up if you or someone else is up to it. Also how did the gun forward digidog go in the magoos?

Must thank Alistair and the Heathcote lads for Elmore's wake up call last week, really kicked em into gear.

A 15 minute burst in the 3rd term that netted 6 goals pretty much put the game to bed after the Broady boys had a real crack up until then. Fought the match out but with 7-8 Elmore goals resulting from direct skill turnovers the Bloods really hurt us on the rebound, and also were much better at releasing players off half back and thru the middle.

Fletch never played, we lost Billy Neilson 5 minutes in, Glenny Rowbotham spent time off injured and Matty Coomans also played hurt for the final 3 terms. Got a lot more out of that loss than last week's win, boys ran the game out and applied plenty of pressure which was commendable, but our skill level at times hurt massively along with a lot of loose checking.

Must thank Alistair and the Heathcote lads for Elmore's wake up call last week, really kicked em into gear.

A 15 minute burst in the 3rd term that netted 6 goals pretty much put the game to bed after the Broady boys had a real crack up until then. Fought the match out but with 7-8 Elmore goals resulting from direct skill turnovers the Bloods really hurt us on the rebound, and also were much better at releasing players off half back and thru the middle.

hey doona how did the bloke that kicked 10 last week go?

No no Grippo, i have just seen a few boys at training with the Blue and Gold HDFL jumper and i was wondering if there was a game this year and who it may have been against, but apparently there isn't this year

Do you play with Danny Childs Roota? I hear he wears one both Tuesday and Thursday nights most weeks. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened out at tooleen roota?? Is this Heatcote squad the real deal? Have only heard the scores so wouldn't mind a bit of a wrap up if you or someone else is up to it. Also how did the gun forward digidog go in the magoos?

Saints too quick for most part but unsure who the Mountain Men had out. Hughy Ryan didn't appear again after half time but I don't think it would have made much difference, 37 shots to 16 is pretty clear cut.

Saints too quick for most part but unsure who the Mountain Men had out. Hughy Ryan didn't appear again after half time but I don't think it would have made much difference, 37 shots to 16 is pretty clear cut.

yep the young boys from the saints did very well. Good balance at Heathcote this year with quality talls and alot of pace with their small blokes. Think Dalton is the major IN for Mounts to come in a couple of weeks

hey doona how did the bloke that kicked 10 last week go?

Obviously was checked a lot closer and Elmore's ability to get back hard with numbers choked all our forwards bar Littlewood who kicked 1.4 in the last quarter and a half. During that period Tayls played on ball and got his share of the footy

yep the young boys from the saints did very well. Good balance at Heathcote this year with quality talls and alot of pace with their small blokes. Think Dalton is the major IN for Mounts to come in a couple of weeks

good game to watch, the saints have a very good balance of players.
the younger players at heathcote were the ones that really turned it on.
their backhalf were excellent, however they did let themselves down at times when they entered their forward 50, with too many turnovers. the result could have been alot worse for mounts had heathcote kicked straight. the boy feathstone was fantastic all around the ground. and the 3 romsey recruits all held their own. as handy as he is i wouldnt have thought dalton wouldnt have made a huge difference, it was heathcotes ability to run the ball in numbers and win it in close that troubled mounts.
i know early form doesnt win you flags buy the saints did look good and if they keep that up for the rest of the year they should go ok.

good game to watch, the saints have a very good balance of players.
the younger players at heathcote were the ones that really turned it on.
their backhalf were excellent, however they did let themselves down at times when they entered their forward 50, with too many turnovers. the result could have been alot worse for mounts had heathcote kicked straight. the boy feathstone was fantastic all around the ground. and the 3 romsey recruits all held their own. as handy as he is i wouldnt have thought dalton wouldnt have made a huge difference, it was heathcotes ability to run the ball in numbers and win it in close that troubled mounts.
i know early form doesnt win you flags buy the saints did look good and if they keep that up for the rest of the year they should go ok.

agree with you there- heathcote looked the goods. showed very good signs. wasnt impressed with what i saw of mounts. was one of the most important games of the year for mounts (white sheild) and not many stepped up at all. cam carter went hard all day and rob roy tried hard but i dare say after the efforts from the rest of them it will be a hard training tomorrow night!

agree with you there- heathcote looked the goods. showed very good signs. wasnt impressed with what i saw of mounts. was one of the most important games of the year for mounts (white sheild) and not many stepped up at all. cam carter went hard all day and rob roy tried hard but i dare say after the efforts from the rest of them it will be a hard training tomorrow night!

I made the trip to Tooleen on the weekend. The saints were impressive.
Heathcote top two for me.
I'm not sure if you can question the efforts of the mountain men, they were just out played. Plain and simple.

I made the trip to Tooleen on the weekend. The saints were impressive.
Heathcote top two for me.
I'm not sure if you can question the efforts of the mountain men, they were just out played. Plain and simple.

totally agree with you that they were out played, but when your only about 4 goals down with a quarter of footy left in a game that means enormous amounts to the footy club, i dont think you would play with a defeatous attitude. alot of the guys put their heads down in my view. after a good win and some great individual perfromances from the twos i think some changes will be made. anyway all in all a good game and prehaps a good wake up call for the mountain men

totally agree with you that they were out played, but when your only about 4 goals down with a quarter of footy left in a game that means enormous amounts to the footy club, i dont think you would play with a defeatous attitude. alot of the guys put their heads down in my view. after a good win and some great individual perfromances from the twos i think some changes will be made. anyway all in all a good game and prehaps a good wake up call for the mountain men

Any team that loses players the quality of Shannon, Grinton, Ferrier, Webb and Dalton are going to have to find their feet for a few weeks. I am pretty sure they don't hand out premierships cups on May 7th.....

The reserves have also lost quite a few of their top 10 from last season but are going great guns. The new coach loves his ink I have been told!! The new runner must be delivering the messages quick and fast!!

Any team that loses players the quality of Shannon, Grinton, Ferrier, Webb and Dalton are going to have to find their feet for a few weeks. I am pretty sure they don't hand out premierships cups on May 7th.....

The reserves have also lost quite a few of their top 10 from last season but are going great guns. The new coach loves his ink I have been told!! The new runner must be delivering the messages quick and fast!!

every club has their fair share of player turnovers, saturdays results have nothing to do with last year. heathcote also have to find their feet as they had several players come & go. you are right premierships arent given on may 7th. but why not give credit where credit is due. heathcote were far to good for mounts on saturday regardless of who was or wasnt missing from both sides.

every club has their fair share of player turnovers, saturdays results have nothing to do with last year. heathcote also have to find their feet as they had several players come & go. you are right premierships arent given on may 7th. but why not give credit where credit is due. heathcote were far to good for mounts on saturday regardless of who was or wasnt missing from both sides.

Exaclty right old saint, no excuses from us at all, we were simply beaten by a more committed and hard running side. A huge wake up call for all of us at Toolleen, especialy me! Heathcote reminded me of a Tyntynder side back in the CMFL, very fit quick and committed to running in packs. They were simply fantastic. Big disappointment for myself playing for the White cup and to put in a shocker like that was embarrassing.

We do have the rest of the season to make up for it and there were som postives. Ash Baker looks ominous as a powerful forward and is an ideal replacement if Dennis misses a couple and Dalts isn't far away and many of us cannot play that bad again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back