Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been told by a good source no back chat,no swearing and no hands in back no matter who u r u will get penalised may be the Elmore brians trust should get this across to the players. They were undiscipined when i saw them play against Heathcote sounds like they have not learned????

are rochy umps and bendigo umps doing the same rules. i heard from rochy umps that the hands in the back was not going to be done this year. they said their main concern was protecting the man over the ball and any one that makes contact with a player head on with head over the ball will be awarded a free kick against and yellow carded. has this happened to anyone yet??

are rochy umps and bendigo umps doing the same rules. i heard from rochy umps that the hands in the back was not going to be done this year. they said their main concern was protecting the man over the ball and any one that makes contact with a player head on with head over the ball will be awarded a free kick against and yellow carded. has this happened to anyone yet??

I would have thought so, you would have thought they ( Rochy&Bendigo Umpires) would have got their heads together at the start of the season and talk about what they where going to really clamp down on.I will have talk with my source and mention what u wrote to me and see what he comes up with.He is pritty well on the mark most time's.And to your last part of your quote no i have not seen this happen i have only seen Bendigo umpire's this year:thumbsu:

Who ever does the recruiting for North Bendigo needs to have a good hard look at themselves...Trent Davie on $150 a game is an absolute joke! Im from his home town of Shepparton and heard this on the weekend from one of the North Bendigo boys and laughed.

i see the great roderick doak snagged a few on the weekend, i thought he was playing down back. i know he fancys himself as a forward, apparently a bit too lazy to man up down back. any thoughts?

i see the great roderick doak snagged a few on the weekend, i thought he was playing down back. i know he fancys himself as a forward, apparently a bit too lazy to man up down back. any thoughts?

must hav had a goat playing on him did he, thoguht he was too slow to be playn up forward.

Ventured down to training last night and noticed former Yea Premiership player Tom Butterworth running around. Doubt he would be available this season after committing to play down Apollo Bay way.

Interesting to see around a dozen players undertaking disciplinary tasks of sprints for around 15 minutes. Believe it had something to do with talking and joking through the awards ceremony on Saturday night. Good move form the coaching staff if that's the case.:thumbsu:

So what did happen to locky, nesko. Too young of a side against experienced opposition. They did have some injury problems but surely they shouldn't have lost by that much. How long is their gun rover Bongi out for?

Not that the team is too young just they havnt played enough footy together, about 10 new players that will be in and out of the 1s this year so got to give them time to gel. Injuries played a big part but its no excuse, colbo just ran over they top as they moved the ball quickly. From watching the game I thought we made them look better with poor skills and turn overs. Full credit to the colbo boys they played well. How long untill Tim Hill is back HJ? Bongy is back at work and would say he's another month away, expect him back fitter than ever.

From an outside point of view stringy, it appears there is not enough room for R. Doak to play in colbo's forward half for extended periods. what with the likes of Basil Brown, Irwin and Old lemon Face himself Silly Hill up front permanently. Just a thought.

make sure your watching the footy show tonight boys. you might get a glimpse of me with the wheel as the billy's wheel heads our way tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i see former collingwood player barry rist died yesterday. i am pretty sure that he coached broadford to the 1996 flag.

i hope he was able to make it to their reunion last year.

i see former collingwood player barry rist died yesterday. i am pretty sure that he coached broadford to the 1996 flag.

i hope he was able to make it to their reunion last year.

Yeah Baz coach us in 1996 & 97. I was fortunate enough to work alongside him as runner that year and got the coaching bug from his and Finchy's influence. Pretty sure a Wallan premiership coach, also won a flag at Kilmore as well as numerous DVFL clubs.

An absolute local footy legend who's hard but fair approach was memorable. Never gave it to the kids, but rode the guns and those that dare put their hand out for a quid like ya wouldnt believe.

Yesterday's news rocked many of us in Broadford who had seen him at last years ten year reunion. Might even spend a portion of tonights training session doing what we called "Risty's Diamond" out of respect to a great man.

[

Yesterday's news rocked many of us in Broadford who had seen him at last years ten year reunion. Might even spend a portion of tonights training session doing what we called "Risty's Diamond" out of respect to a great man.[/quote]

had the pleasure of doing ristys diamond when gavin mutz coached up in QLD. i must say it wasnt my favourite drill.

The Tyntynder F.C in the Central Murray Football League (previously Mid Murray Football League) is having a reunion this weekend 18th, 19th & 20th of May at their clubrooms in Swan Hill. We will be acknowleging the premiership sides of the mid 80's but any player, supporter etc is welcome to attend this great weekend. If you would like more info you can contact keg18wilson@hotmail.com or ring the clubrooms on 03 50322974

had the pleasure of doing ristys diamond when gavin mutz coached up in QLD. i must say it wasnt my favourite drill.

Still haven't worked out who u are oldsaint, but the mutz connection is getting me warmer I hope :thumbsu: Gav is a legend bloke too IMO, again if not for Bazz we would never have had the priviledge either.

Still haven't worked out who u are oldsaint, but the mutz connection is getting me warmer I hope :thumbsu: Gav is a legend bloke too IMO, again if not for Bazz we would never have had the priviledge either.

we had a couple after the footy when springwood played caloundra, back in about 98. you and the young lad blackwell

Also shocked me, i was growing up in Melbourne at the time (Mid 70's) were i was playing sometime's he would come to our club rooms on a Sunday ( they were called pleasant sunday mornnings in them day's) i think he was playing at North Heilderberg at the time

Boys and girls of the HDFL,

This is an open invitation to friends, players, officials and supporters of all clubs who have over the years had the pleasure of knowing/playing against Dave and Brad McConnell (or Poopsy and Spicka as they are more affectionately known)

In Round 7 during the home game against LBU, the White Hills Footy Club will be recognising Dave and Brad's 200th Senior Game for the club, a fantastic achievement by two of the best blokes going round the league! That night festivities will kick on at the clubrooms, where we will make some presentations aswell as hearing from a few speakers who have been closely involved with the lads over there lengthy careers.

Details of the event are as below.

Poopsy and Spicka's 200th Game Testimonial Night
Where: White Hills Club Rooms (Scott Street)
When: June 9th at 7:30pm
Dress: We have stated semi formal but neat casual will do fine.
Cost: $20 per person (Under 15 FREE)

There will be light refreshments provided on the night with drinks at better than bar prices.

Sorry to ramble on abit, but if people from other clubs want to spread the word on this event to those who might be interested, that would be great. Hopefully a fantastic night will be had by all!

Thanks again guys.

Boys and girls of the HDFL,

This is an open invitation to friends, players, officials and supporters of all clubs who have over the years had the pleasure of knowing/playing against Dave and Brad McConnell (or Poopsy and Spicka as they are more affectionately known)

In Round 7 during the home game against LBU, the White Hills Footy Club will be recognising Dave and Brad's 200th Senior Game for the club, a fantastic achievement by two of the best blokes going round the league! That night festivities will kick on at the clubrooms, where we will make some presentations aswell as hearing from a few speakers who have been closely involved with the lads over there lengthy careers.

Details of the event are as below.

Poopsy and Spicka's 200th Game Testimonial Night
Where: White Hills Club Rooms (Scott Street)
When: June 9th at 7:30pm
Dress: We have stated semi formal but neat casual will do fine.
Cost: $20 per person (Under 15 FREE)

There will be light refreshments provided on the night with drinks at better than bar prices.

Sorry to ramble on abit, but if people from other clubs want to spread the word on this event to those who might be interested, that would be great. Hopefully a fantastic night will be had by all!

Thanks again guys.

Sounds like a fitting celebration for two quality fella's :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back