Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

U know your old fishing mate the one who alway's catches more fish and the BIGGEST when he is away with u and don't worry your not on your own he has given me a couple other name's they will get a tickle in the coming day's i think i would make a good DETECTIVE?????? SO DON'T ACT DUM:thumbsu:
Gee, Big Ump, I think you might have me. Or have you.............?

RW & B..... the heads up i believe ( and keep this to yourself ) that work has kept this once great man committed ,,,and unfortunately (or fortunate for whills considering there lack of sucess in the past 18 months) that he has stood down as the hillies senior coach
move over tibbinator:D :D :D
i hope that helps rb & b
I did hear congratulations was in order to Matty Sawyer.

I think you have to be a long time or frequent poster on this thread, correct me if im wrong H. Who would qualify for this.

Doona.....HJ....Scotywok......Blackbeard.....On The Money....Andy....Brentmeister.....Old Saint....Diggidog.....Giant Bug.......Tilt Carter......Conrad......JGraf.....Roota.....Oldmanemu....
Bloodhound.....Stringy......Trigga....Farva.....Barfridge....Santoz.....Big ump....red black and white.....mr hdfls and my self.

I know, I ahve way to much time on my hands but who else would get a gig?

Hey Nesko, Fantom likes beer too:eek:

Big story in tomorrows paper, or in the snippets bit anyway. Kid by the name of Kristi plays her 50th for Huntly U13 against Square. Good lookin kid, Takes after her Dad I'm told.

Fantom :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Walsh story doesn't make it to the Addy's website, any chance Luke or one of you lads can post it up here or send it thru to me as we don't get the Addy in Kilmore and there's never anything on their website to do with the HDFL so we get a bit starved of things down here.

you are on the ball sloth,,,,,,,,,,,just got of the phone to one of the bendigo AGONIZERS finest. i believe the story will break in your local rag tomorrow

hey andy and brent..... is my mail true or once again is this forum just basing itself on bull shite ??????????

Try not to post any bull shite if i can help it TGWW.
Thats why i gave andy or brent the chance to tell us how it is.:thumbsu:

Try not to post any bull shite if i can help it TGWW.
Thats why i gave andy or brent the chance to tell us how it is.:thumbsu:

Walsh quits as Demons coach
space.gif

Brian Walsh
BRIAN Walsh is no longer coach of Heathcote District Football League club White Hills.
White Hills president Bob Sawyer last night told The Advertiser Walsh had resigned as coach of the Demons, saying he had lost the passion for football.
"Brian has had enough," Sawyer said.
"He has issues he wants to deal with and he has resigned.
"He doesn't have the passion for footy any more I don't think."
White Hills players were told of Walsh's decision at training at Meridian Oval last night.
Asked if Walsh's decision came as a shock to the club, Sawyer said: "Yes and no; I thought he
may have seen the year out.
"He just doesn't want to do it any more, he
doesn't have the urge I don't think.
"It's not the way we had scripted things."
His son, assistant coach Matt Sawyer, who is back with White Hills after a season with the Metricon Bendigo Bombers last year, has been appointed interim coach and took training last night.
"I guess we're lucky enough to have Matt there who we were grooming, and it's a natural progression," Sawyer said.
"It's not as if we didn't have someone capable, or we didn't have (former coach) Jimmy Angove sitting in the background waiting in the wings."
The Demons are fifth on the ladder, with a 2-2 record, after Walsh last week guided the side to a 59-point victory over neighbours North Bendigo.
Matt Sawyer will have a tough initiation to his coaching career tomorrow when the Demons take on
the unbeaten Colbinabbin.
"I can assure you it's not the ideal introduction to senior coaching coming up against a side like Colbinabbin on Saturday," Sawyer said.
"But with Jimmy's support we will get through it ... if we get thumped we get thumped.
"It's only forward for us, there's no use looking back, we just have to move on and make the best of the situation."
Asked how the players had reacted to Walsh's decision, Sawyer answered: "I haven't had a chance to talk to them all one-on-one.
"I've spoken to a few and they said, `well, that's his decision'," Sawyer said.
"It's no secret that Brian wasn't popular with a lot of the players; he is a different sort of coach.
"He is very blunt and being a hard taskmaster he was never going to be a favourite of some of the players, while other players he got the best
out of."
Walsh was appointed coach of White Hills in February last year, and looked upon his appointment as a
chance for a fresh start.
In November, 2005, he had pleaded guilty to 11 charges of obtaining property by deception.
"At that stage in February we didn't have a coach and Brian helped us out of a really sticky situation, for which we will be forever indebted,
otherwise we could have met a real sad demise," Sawyer said.
"On the other side of the coin, I think the club has given him back a degree of respect and acceptance within the community."
Walsh is a multiple premiership coach with Bendigo Football League club Golden Square, and is the
youngest winner of the BFL's Michelsen Medal, which he won in 1969. He played 64 games for Carlton and 51 for Essendon in a VFL career that spanned from 1970 to 1978, and later coached the Bendigo Pioneers
in the TAC Cup for six years. Walsh could not be contacted last night.

That is massive news out of the Hills.
However I wanted to write a big congats & all the best to Small McIntyre, LBU stalwart who will be playing his 300th game at home vs Broady tomorrow.
"Give em hell Small!"
Should be a great game (Broady are much improved) & looking at all your predicted ladders it may shake out who will finish 5th from LBU & Broady.
Look forward to catching up with a few blokes & having a beer with the Moose!
Unfortunately Geck Macfarlane didn't get up for tomorrow's game. Might have a jar with him too...
PS: Funny how the blokes at LBU seem to have their milestone games at home (only exception was Bundy's 250th in a final at the zoo; selective counting or just luck??)

RW & B..... the heads up i believe ( and keep this to yourself ) that work has kept this once great man committed ,,,and unfortunately (or fortunate for whills considering there lack of sucess in the past 18 months) that he has stood down as the hillies senior coach
move over tibbinator:D :D :D
i hope that helps rb & b
Love your work ghost and good luck to Matty S. Tough gig in store but invaluable learning experience. I know he will be a strong advocate for a drink after the game. I wonder if this thread was the final straw for Walshy and the quote from i'm alive a few pages back.

Not sure if anyone has posted this but breaking news from the 'MIGHTY' Elmore bloods...... Cam Cail thrown through a coffee table and will miss the rest of the year.... massive loss to the bloods there....

HDFL DUNNY TALK ROUND 6
What a big week of football we have this weekend with the first game to be played between top of the table Colbo and the newly coached White Hills. Brian 'had a gutfull' Walsh has lost his passion so passes the baton to Big Matt 'just another radiohead fan' Sawyer. All the best to him who will battle Pat 'fatcat' Leahy in the ruck, but I believe the class of Jeremy Browneye and Damian Goldielocks will keep the hoppers hopping.:rolleyes:

LBU and Broady should be a tough contest with both sides needing a win to stamp themselves as serious contenders. Ray Rowbum and Glen Rowarse will have the task of sucking in Steve 'lucky day' Martin and brother Matt. Locky being at home and the form of the steam dim Sims, Adam and Grant i am tipping them by 2 goals.;)

Back at the Zoo, North host Huntly in which they should return back to the winners list. In what is dissapointing times for Huntly, Chris 'office' Long has tried hard in the ruck. For North, thistledick Thorson and Heath Isley have been consistent performers.:thumbsu:

Match of the round will be played at Tooleen between Mounts and Tony Southcombovers Elmore. If the mountain men are going to win this game they will need Justin and Jamie Gee string to fill the cracks or players such as Ryan Hayes, Marcus McKern and Cam Cail will kick a winning score.:cool:

Tip of the week: It doesnt matter how hard you hit, its how hard you get hit, get up and keep moving forward.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back