Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey whats the go should LBU reject Mundie's first clearance application wich they have every right in doing??? They (LBU) can wait a fortnight then reject it yes??? Then by the time a 2nd one goes in and gets voted on it will be too late to play the 5 club games requried to qualify for finals is this right???

Hard to pick the best for mounts yesty good team effort all round. Thought your good self played well for the Cats all day to Bar Fridge, can you shead any light on mundies reasons for heading to the bloods?

Battled at best mate! Had our weekly luncheon on friday at the local with Bundy Trig and he broke the news to me there, i was as surprised as any one! From what i gather this will be his last year of footy and he desperately wants to play in a winning Grand Final team before he hangs up his boots and as we wont be participating in September he thought he would have a crack at Elmore. It's just down the road and he does have a lot of good mates there. That's about all i no at this stage mate, will no more in the next few days!:(

Hey whats the go should LBU reject Mundie's first clearance application wich they have every right in doing??? They (LBU) can wait a fortnight then reject it yes??? Then by the time a 2nd one goes in and gets voted on it will be too late to play the 5 club games requried to qualify for finals is this right???

Whilst we mightn't be ecstatic with his decision Doon it's hard to knock back a bloke who's played 330 odd senior games over 20 years at your club!

Whilst we mightn't be ecstatic with his decision Doon it's hard to knock back a bloke who's played 330 odd senior games over 20 years at your club!

I know was just trying to work out the procedure should ya's reject the initial one

ya may wish him all the best but surely no one would be happy with it. yeah hes played 300 games and served the club well which is all the more reason to finish off at that club, through thick and thin, not play for the arch rival.

ya may wish him all the best but surely no one would be happy with it. yeah hes played 300 games and served the club well which is all the more reason to finish off at that club, through thick and thin, not play for the arch rival.

Would BUNDY get a game in elmores senior side these days and if so what posi would he play coz i couldn't see him playing on ball for the bloods.
Big decision to leave a club youve been with for so long to chase a flag with another club in the same league that has not yet proven its worth!!!

Why should he stick with a club that can't give him what he wants? It's not as if he has been there only a year or two ...

Broady by 130points over Huntly. Taylor jagged 13. Plenty of good players as you'd imagine. Be good to see the same solid performance next week.
2's macnine rolled on winning by 161 points.
More importantly is the training run and 100 up tomorrow. Keep you posted.

No news is good news Beard, I trust all behaved themselves after I snuck off!!! Got to the ground around 10am for training and left in darkness after a pretty enjoyable day. Had 38 present for training (33 trained) but the downside was we failed to make anyone bring up the nights before's comsumption which was always part of the fun of a Sunday morning gathering & BBQ.

Ya coulda brought ya mate a day earlier sphink missed the bloody deadline by 10 hours :thumbsdown:

Geez Id be interested to know the reason written on the clearance application, or what the real reason is :confused:
Think I should jump in before he is dragged through the mud.
From what I understand, alot more to it than him chasing a flag.
I think he nearly made the move earlier in year and then stuffed a shoulder and was not going to play again this season if cats were not going to make finals.
Split with his mrs of 10+ years who is involved with the netball (a grade coach maybe??) and had a falling out with a current senior footballer. Barfridge was on the money, he has mates plus some family connections at Elmore.

I think he nearly made the move earlier in year and then stuffed a shoulder and was not going to play again this season if cats were not going to make finals.
Split with his mrs of 10+ years who is involved with the netball (a grade coach maybe??) and had a falling out with a current senior footballer. Barfridge was on the money, he has mates plus some family connections at Elmore.

Good call. Pretty much on the money. Top bloke so lets wish him well and move on.

Have not seen any comments on the H/Cote, Elmore game.
May be the H/cote supporters can not find the words for that disgraceful last quarter.

Hell if I hadda known any of that I wouldn't have brought it up - private lives dont need to be aired in here

May be the H/cote supporters can not find the words for that disgraceful last quarter.

Heathcote were supberb for 3 quarters against a very good side. they worked hard for each other and closed the space for elmore who look so good when they run and have room in the open.

You're right though, the last quarter was a disgrace. Momentum is huge in any standard of footy and elmore certainly had that from the minute the ump blew the whistle for the last quarter to start. they also had the legs and fitness which the saints didn't. i'm pretty sure they had no bench and travaglia and carroll were on the field but seemed to be hampered and looked as though they were jogging on the spot.

The rest of the players though will be pretty ashamed i reckon on what they dished up (or more to the point didn't dish up) for that last 30 minutes. the amount of goals elmore kicked running into an open goal in the last was like a training drill.

I think the saints are a proud group though and the 15-16 locals plus the 6-7 others will be pretty keen to put up a better show for the jumper for the rest of the year. that game should never have been a 79 point margin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mounts looked fairly solid yesterday, they ran all day and worked hard for each other as all good teams do. Still got a lot to come back in! Didn't see any new faces. Thanks for shouting us a cold one after the game Roota! Cheers mate:thumbsu: Hope the lawn bowls goes well today!!!!!

Not a problem mate, always happy to share a beer or two after the match. Goodluck for the rest of the year :thumbsu: Surely you blokes can't get any more injuries

Yes Teddy i was lost for words after that disgraceful last quarter.
Iam still shaking my head in disbelief how Heathcote could play that man on man brand of football they did for 3 quarters and then in the last quarter let Elmore's sheep dog's run wild.And for Heathcote to let Grant sit 4meter's from a pack on his own receiving hand ball after hand ball and let williams run into the forward line on his own it's just not on...
I have been asking myself why did H/Cote change tactic's in the last quarter......
I think if they played man on man which they had done well for 3 quarter's
the game could have gone either way come final siren....

If I'm not mistaken his sister married into the Hayes clan and he has got alot of mates there. More injuries for the cats, Brook "Hungry" Nichol got taken off with a knee, Spider Henshall has done somthing to his elbow and Kermit Ireland done his hammy again but Bongy is set for next week

On the mounts signing The bloke Tatt from Maldon is ment to be a pretty hard footballer, goes alright I've been told.

Yes Teddy i was lost for words after that disgraceful last quarter.
Iam still shaking my head in disbelief how Heathcote could play that man on man brand of football they did for 3 quarters and then in the last quarter let Elmore's sheep dog's run wild.And for Heathcote to let Grant sit 4meter's from a pack on his own receiving hand ball after hand ball and let williams run into the forward line on his own it's just not on...
I have been asking myself why did H/Cote change tactic's in the last quarter......
I think if they played man on man which they had done well for 3 quarter's
the game could have gone either way come final siren....

I think it was explained pretty well earlier. They were spent ...

Just on the weekend, after all those mounts boys complaining about Jim Angove for not shaking hands, what about DIGGIDOG? After taken cheap shots in the game (punchig someone when they wernt looking) then when the final siren sounded he walked off while arguing to the umpires. Dunno how your brothers can be such quality blokes then theres you...... What happens on the field stays on the field, you shake hands and have a beer after the game.

Also Talking to a certain Colbo forward and he he said somthing about Irwin and a knee, mayb he just likes the room up the forward line so he could boot a lazy 10.

might have to change that tip on you blokes doona after today.
ghost who walks, no respect to you
yeah goat,,,i over stepped the mark i think...just frustrating that people in the media change thier mind week in week out to suit the results of the weekends footy..to luke and the goat,,, i will think before i print:eek:

on the saga of bradley {bundy} mundie it is more personal than we think so i believe we should let is go ,,, something that should be kept from the public.... its the cats loss for a club legend to leave on these terms, but best of luck to bundy, and the bloods, and if the man recovers from his injury he will be an asset to blueys boys:thumbsu::thumbsu:

its the cats loss for a club legend to leave on these terms, but best of luck to bundy, and the bloods, and if the man recovers from his injury he will be an asset to blueys boys:thumbsu::thumbsu:

More than an asset IMO - not too often 300+ games worth of senior experience becomes available. Final piece of the puzzle perhaps if he shakes his injury and gets 5-10 minutes a term initially thru the middle or even across half forward it free's someone up

More than an asset IMO - not too often 300+ games worth of senior experience becomes available. Final piece of the puzzle perhaps if he shakes his injury and gets 5-10 minutes a term initially thru the middle or even across half forward it free's someone up
mundie and grant thru the middle.......the dynamic duo they may be

I think it was explained pretty well earlier. They were spent ...

I can not accept that, they talk about all the youth in the side if they can not run out 4 quarter's they do not deserve to play final's....

Be honest they were not spent. They did not man up and as i said before they let Elmore sheep dog's run loose they cut H/Cote to piece's in the last quarter....

To say they were spent that is a poor excuse

I can not accept that, they talk about all the youth in the side if they can not run out 4 quarter's they do not deserve to play final's....

Be honest they were not spent. They did not man up and as i said before they let Elmore sheep dog's run loose they cut H/Cote to piece's in the last quarter....

To say they were spent that is a poor excuse

Were u spent too old mate??? I called into the middle on me way thru and u were no where to be seen :p had a quick beer with a few of the boys who were hurting so dont think they weren't shattered about the fade out.

Seems u have quite a loyal band of BF readers following your posts, just wish they'd get out from behind their alias' and have a dip ;) Special hello to you Mr. Lomax, you seem to love ya Big Footy :thumbsu:

What players in elmores line up would you classifly as sheep dogs big ump? Elmore are a team if you apply pressure and give them no space they go to water. Heathcote sound as if they did this for 3 quarters. Is it true in a few weeks Featherstone, Anderson, L Carrol, Chapman? and Saladino will be returning to heathcote just in time for finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back