Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll lean between Colbo/Mounts for match of the round status - although Mounts are already assured 3rd and Colbo more than likely 2nd perhaps it's the Broady/White Hills game as far as interest goes and it's potential to finalise the bottom two spots.

My Cheatley tips off the top of my head would be Lock (Colbo), from Grant (Elmore), Douglas (Mounts) and Wilson (B'ford).

Why dont we all throw in the 2-3 names from each of our clubs we think will poll the most - for me it's Dipper Wilson, John Rowe, Grant Wearne.
yeah this is like a elimination final this week. b'ford/whitehills. grant,hayes,cail not sure if cam has played enough games. you cant go past lock. a great leader on feild. steve closhey from huntly has had a good year. huntly dont win games for him to attract votes though. might get a few any thoughts doona?

I'll lean between Colbo/Mounts for match of the round status - although Mounts are already assured 3rd and Colbo more than likely 2nd perhaps it's the Broady/White Hills game as far as interest goes and it's potential to finalise the bottom two spots.

My Cheatley tips off the top of my head would be Lock (Colbo), from Grant (Elmore), Douglas (Mounts) and Wilson (B'ford).

Why dont we all throw in the 2-3 names from each of our clubs we think will poll the most - for me it's Dipper Wilson, John Rowe, Grant Wearne.

Heathcote, D Carroll,S Travaglia,A Meldrum.

yeah this is like a elimination final this week. b'ford/whitehills. grant,hayes,cail not sure if cam has played enough games. you cant go past lock. a great leader on feild. steve closhey from huntly has had a good year. huntly dont win games for him to attract votes though. might get a few any thoughts doona?

May get a couple of 1's but Huntly just haven't been in enough games this season. Woulda been top 3 at Broady in round 1 up til half time, but from memory our 2nd half was fairly strong that day.

Fantom thinks Matt Sawyer and the brothers Angove should go okay. Young Gun of the year I'd be leaning towards Dave Wright. Unfortunately Doona The Bossman says I be workin on Satdy and wont be able to make a gate donation, My apologies.

Fantom:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Oh yeah, Huntly U13.5's to beat the Dorckers by 31 points:D:D:D:D:D

Fantom thinks Matt Sawyer and the brothers Angove should go okay. Young Gun of the year I'd be leaning towards Dave Wright. Unfortunately Doona The Bossman says I be workin on Satdy and wont be able to make a gate donation, My apologies.

Dunno if we discussed it earlier but do the league do a rookie award anymore? And do we have a team of the year, I know some leagues do and players get recognised at the vote count?

No need to apologise mate, we'll try and do our best so that you can come watch us next Sunday :D great to meet u last week by the way :thumbsu:

Dunno if we discussed it earlier but do the league do a rookie award anymore? And do we have a team of the year, I know some leagues do and players get recognised at the vote count?

No need to apologise mate, we'll try and do our best so that you can come watch us next Sunday :D great to meet u last week by the way :thumbsu:

how will ballsack mcleary from mounts go in the league medal

Yeah you too, Chances are though next time I'll be chuckin yonnies at ya 'n callin ya boy's a few names:D:D

Fantom:thumbsu:

Oh Yeah
space.gif
"Bore it up em Hillies"
space.gif

how will ballsack mcleary from mounts go in the league medal

Ben is my tip for the medal although he will have massive competition from within the club from Trev and Carts as well as Locky, Andy Grant and maybe even Sammy Newth who has been great for Locky.

Ben does have Mark of the Year sown up after his massive hanger on Satdy.

When and where is the vote count being held. Would be a good show i reckon

Central Murray do a rookie of the year and announce a team of the year. It is fantastic for the kids to be nominated and be recognised for their efforts throughout the year. I will throw up Cam Ross as a worthy winner if the league hav this award.

I reckon a team of the year is a fantastic idea as it recognises blokes who may not be a chance for the league medal but who have had terrific years in thier particular position. For example a full back who has conceded bugger all goals throughout the year, but doesn't traditionally poll a lot of votes in a league vote count ie: the Elmore bloke

Azza was jibbering to me something about Big Footy alias' whilst blind at the Waterside last Saturday - if this is ya way of trying to get a comment outa me go away :D

If it's not Azza then I can say he has been doing his bit since overcoming his season threatening ankle injury - is a good leader as the young blokes look up to him.

Doona that comment is classic Taylor , the youth of today has no hope with him teaching and twinkle toes what was sort of name is that

Doona that comment is classic Taylor , the youth of today has no hope with him teaching and twinkle toes what was sort of name is that

Yeah was hoping that may have enticed the Sphinkta into cyberspace to lodge a reply tonight but no luck :D I dont think there's much hope for the teacher after he was telling us at training a grade 5 kid cleaned him up with a few rocks in the playground yesty!!!

as they say in the classics . . . "Ah back in my day the old strap woulda come into play"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heathcote, D Carroll,S Travaglia,A Meldrum.

I think from the cote, carroll, the gimp and even though he has played only a handfull of games the big red, lech featherstone will poll a few. I will go as far to say that if he had of played the whole year he may have gone very close. A massive effort for an 18 yr old. MELDRUM will poll some threes second half of the year for sure, but not enough i don't think.

LOCK and GRANT are hard to go past.. Sammy "ned kelly" Newth is an outsider. We need a massive smokey, any suggestions.

I'll start with a few, Morris from nth Serg from the hill boys and 3 piece feed (can i upsize that) condon from heathcote

Azza was jibbering to me something about Big Footy alias' whilst blind at the Waterside last Saturday - if this is ya way of trying to get a comment outa me go away :D

If it's not Azza then I can say he has been doing his bit since overcoming his season threatening ankle injury - is a good leader as the young blokes look up to him.

I recall the conversation well Chris and if you remember I denied having any alias. Now in the light of day I can tell you that "twinkle toes" is none other than L. McKenzie. An old uni mate o' mine. Having a kick with the once mighty Beulah this year and former teammate of current White Hills CHF Moose McCreddin.

I think it's time I repaid those years of turf advice you were all too willing to offer NEIRB'O. Your diction leaves a lot to be desired. As I tell my students, re-read your work before you submit it to be read by me!!

I recall the conversation well Chris and if you remember I denied having any alias. Now in the light of day I can tell you that "twinkle toes" is none other than L. McKenzie. An old uni mate o' mine. Having a kick with the once mighty Beulah this year and former teammate of current White Hills CHF Moose McCreddin.

Good to have you back Sphinkta :thumbsu:

Interesting story in today's Addy.

23 August 2007 View all news

HDFL eager to lure Strath

THE Heathcote District Football League is open to the prospect of a new team based at Strathfieldsaye joining its competition in 2009.
A stand-alone senior football-netball club will be based at Strathfieldsaye's new multi-million dollar sporting facility being built.

The new club will not be in a position to compete until 2009, with the most likely option it faces joining either the HDFL or Loddon Valley Football League.

The HDFL has already made its intentions clear that it is prepared to look at the possibility of Strathfieldsaye becoming the league's 10th club in 2009.

'‘We're happy to talk to them (the Strathfieldsaye Senior Football-Netball Club Committee), and we actually brought it up at our league meeting last week that there may be the possibility of it," HDFL secretary Trevor Arnel said yesterday.

‘‘We asked if our clubs were happy for us to make contact with them at least and they said, `sure, go for it'.

‘‘We would certainly be keen to have a chat with them about the possibility of affiliating with our league." Arnel said ideally, the league would like to have its bye removed from the fixture.

‘‘I don't know whether some of the players would, but we have been trying to get rid of the bye," Arnel said.

Strathfieldsaye is in an ideal location for the HDFL.

‘‘I would say they are in a very good location for Bendigo," Arnel said.

‘‘They are out the side of Bendigo that is not far from Heathcote and Toolleen and obviously not far from White Hills, North Bendigo and Huntly." The last team to join the HDFL was former Bendigo Football League club Lockington-Bamawm United. LVFL president Gary Bath said the matter had not been discussed by his league's executive.

‘‘I'm sure we would be in the equation, but we haven't spoken about it at committee level because it's happened all fairly quickly," Bath said.

‘‘We certainly haven't had an approach, but if we did receive one, we would consider the application on its merits." Should Strathfieldsaye enter the LVFL in 2009, it would remove a bye.

The decision to form a stand-alone club at Strathfieldsaye was confirmed on Tuesday.

There had been discussions taking place about the possibility of BFL club South Bendigo merging with the Strathfieldsaye Junior Football Club and being based at the new sporting facility in the booming suburb, which is officially the fastest growing area in Greater Bendigo, and one of the fastest in regional Victoria.

However, those negotiations are now over after the Strathfieldsaye Junior Football Club declared its support for a stand-alone senior club.

Central Murray do a rookie of the year and announce a team of the year. It is fantastic for the kids to be nominated and be recognised for their efforts throughout the year. I will throw up Cam Ross as a worthy winner if the league hav this award.

I reckon a team of the year is a fantastic idea as it recognises blokes who may not be a chance for the league medal but who have had terrific years in thier particular position. For example a full back who has conceded bugger all goals throughout the year, but doesn't traditionally poll a lot of votes in a league vote count ie: the Elmore bloke
Schubert I assume you mean the Elmore bloke is. Saladino for Rookie of the year by a street. Cam Ross played seconds all year last year (maybe a few in the seniors) so probably couldn't win.

What do u mean Doona,The way i read your last bit of your quote you would not like to meet H/Cote in the finals????:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back