Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elmore had their presentation night on Friday night and by all reports was a great evening with some of the senior players still going from the weekend before. Wasnt able to be there myself but the winners were.

Seniors B&F - Ryan Hayes
Runner Up - Andy Grant
Third - Ian Kaye

Reserves B & F - Chris Tubb
Runner Up - Jake Cotchins
Third - Matthew Niven - really thought Nivo would win by a big margin

Not Sure about the U 17's elmore are going to have their hands full trying to keep ryan hayes. plenty of goulburn valley league clubs chasing the young lad. how did nick manley go this year at the bloods

I was under the impression Bluey had re-signed for 2008 :confused: Any other rumours lads? Didn't get to Deakin yesty Bar Fridge to watch my man Inness#15 and the Lions, was my little guys B'day so listened to the broadcast. Missed you GF day too, said a quick hello Semi final day but didnt get the chance to share a beer over September sorry.

Finally, was it my eyes playing tricks or was there a Colbo presence down at Geelong during Satdy nights GF celebrations???

Sorry about about not catching up for a couple of cold ones over the finals series mate! Had a fair crack Semi final day but had the steering wheel for the Granny so was a dry show for the Fridge. Well done on your two's getting up but a very well done for our boys in the 3rds! Both sides look to have some great kids! Looks good for the future!!!:thumbsu:

Hey Bar Fridge, how did 'The Chad' fare yesterday? His man Scanlon would have been B.O.G. wouldn't he? That is a hell of a lot of sculling!

Fair to say he was done by half time, hence him leaving! He wants to play these sculling games! He had first choice and chose Seymour Coach Bernie Haberman for me, who was fairly quiet and i gave him Paul Scanlon who had an absolute ripper! A skull for every kick or hanball seen him have at least 20 skulls until half time!!!

Fair to say he was done by half time, hence him leaving! He wants to play these sculling games! He had first choice and chose Seymour Coach Bernie Haberman for me, who was fairly quiet and i gave him Paul Scanlon who had an absolute ripper! A skull for every kick or hanball seen him have at least 20 skulls until half time!!!
Geez you boys play hard, a skull for every possesion. Bet the boys at the bar were rubbing their hands together!!
Any penalty for goals kicked?

Geez you boys play hard, a skull for every possesion. Bet the boys at the bar were rubbing their hands together!!
Any penalty for goals kicked?

The boys at the Bar were rubbing there hands together with $3.50 cans i reckon! Frees against and goals kicked also a skull. This drinking is getting pretty exspensive, may have to give it up i think!!!:thumbsdown:

who will the teams be chasing in the silly season of signing players, what do the teams need? who are the teams chasing?

Not sure of names or anything specific but i would reckon Broadford will be a major mover over the summer (if they re appoint Doona that is). They will need to replace Dunne but with Doona's connections and the close proximity to Melbourne i wouldn't be surprised to see them jag some big recruits.

Will be interesting to observe the movements at each club

who will the teams be chasing in the silly season of signing players, what do the teams need? who are the teams chasing?

Fantom is wondering how silly clubs can get in recruiting at this stage of the silly season as I don't think the clubs know exactly what their points allocation will be for the upcoming season.The HDFL dude at the Huntly FNC community meeting seemed confident that a points system was where the league was heading next year. Any news guys ??

Fantom:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Fantom is wondering how silly clubs can get in recruiting at this stage of the silly season as I don't think the clubs know exactly what their points allocation will be for the upcoming season.The HDFL dude at the Huntly FNC community meeting seemed confident that a points system was we're the league was heading next year. Any news guys ??

Bloody points system is no good. If the league are going to do it they better release it to clubs soon. This is the time of year when lots of deals get done

Bloody points system is no good. If the league are going to do it they better release it to clubs soon. This is the time of year when lots of deals get done

For the majorirty of clubs mate, Mounts traditionally do it a little closer to May/June :D Just cranking.

Speaking of deals, what kinda weekly budget should the less competitive clubs be looking at in order of getting a competitive playing list on the park to match the Elmore's, Colbo's and Mounts' of the HDFL?

Not sure of names or anything specific but i would reckon Broadford will be a major mover over the summer (if they re appoint Doona that is). They will need to replace Dunne but with Doona's connections and the close proximity to Melbourne i wouldn't be surprised to see them jag some big recruits.

Will be interesting to observe the movements at each club

If they re appoint the big fella?? Dumbarses if they don't!!. Hell I used to hate that mob and for some reason felt compelled to introduce myself to the man when he come for a look at Scott St. Broadford actually seem okay:D:D.

Hope your guys come runner up to the Hillies in 08 Doona:D:D

Speaking of deals, what kinda weekly budget should the less competitive clubs be looking at in order of getting a competitive playing list on the park to match the Elmore's, Colbo's and Mounts' of the HDFL?

You tell us yours and we'll tell you ours.

Seriously though, wait for the countless claims of blokes that have connections that are "in the know" at either Elmore, Colbo or Mounts but have absolutely no clue. Should be about 99% of the people that respond to this ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say the sides in the mix would be spending 50 to 60k a year in this league which is pretty decent sort of payout really but if you can fundraise it and it ensures your a chance to win the big one and it brings people through the gate then it is all good business.

I would say the sides in the mix would be spending 50 to 60k a year in this league which is pretty decent sort of payout really but if you can fundraise it and it ensures your a chance to win the big one and it brings people through the gate then it is all good business.

I'll throw a figure out there Doona, $2,000 a week($36,000 a year for 18 games) should be able to get you very competitive if you have a good base of locals and recruit the right blokes.

I'll throw a figure out there Doona, $2,000 a week($36,000 a year for 18 games) should be able to get you very competitive if you have a good base of locals and recruit the right blokes.

Sounds a bit shy off the mark.

We won a flag at Yea speding I think 20k-21k, again very loyal group of locals and some very handy recruits chasing success rather than top dollar :thumbsu:

I'd be very very surprised if at our AGM our combined football playing/coaching expenditure exceeded 40k - and with a handy group of locals that 50k-60k figure Junky thru up sounds like we'd be in a competitive position.

Again as we all know success onfield begins off the track with strong sponsorship and exciting social calendars to generate the necessary $$$.

That sounds pretty good to me Hank. If you recruit the right blokes and throw them in with a good crop of locals you should be more than competitive.:thumbsu:
On another topic where are we all heading for our Footy trips if we haven't already? We (LBU) are heading to Geelong for a couple of nights next weekend. First time we've stayed in Vic for a while! Should be about 25 going at this stage! Hopefully a bit of that Grand Final fever rubs off on us for next year!!!:D

Fantom is wondering how silly clubs can get in recruiting at this stage of the silly season as I don't think the clubs know exactly what their points allocation will be for the upcoming season.The HDFL dude at the Huntly FNC community meeting seemed confident that a points system was where the league was heading next year. Any news guys ??

Points system will not be happening for the 08 season.
At this stage looking at season 09.

As for talking turkey, Who cares??
Talk footballers not their pay packets

I heard today at work that Colbo are having a crack at Adam Campell from Huntly, only a rumour at this stage (one of hundreds we will hear between now and chrissy) but if its true this a real shame as you would think that a successful club like Colbo would have enough clout & dollars to attract almost anyone without raiding the Hawks.

What everyone's thought's on trying to recruit from within your own league?? Personally I am not a big fan:thumbsdown:

I heard today at work that Colbo are having a crack at Adam Campell from Huntly, only a rumour at this stage (one of hundreds we will hear between now and chrissy) but if its true this a real shame as you would think that a successful club like Colbo would have enough clout & dollars to attract almost anyone without raiding the Hawks.

What everyone's thought's on trying to recruit from within your own league?? Personally I am not a big fan:thumbsdown:

I doubt it would be right as Colbo haven't appointed a coach yet and they haven't been real aggressive in recruiting this early in the piece in recent years. I don't have any real trouble with clubs recruiting from other clubs in the competition it's a part of football thats been around for many a year.
I would expect Campbell to be on board with the Hawks he is said to be matey with the new coach. Heard the Hawks have already been on the ring around so good on them hopefully they can net a few early ones to get the ball rolling.

If anyone sees the Big Ump down in Lygon St, send him home. That's enough celebrating over signing Judd. Is it true that the majority of their supporter's want his name changed to Christiano Juddini, just so he really fits in!!:D:D Heathcote B+F tomorrow night, expect Meldrum to re-sign with the club for at least another year in the not too distant future and all boys back on deck along with a couple of newies. By the way, $2000 doesn't get you a good result on the ground. Most clubs spend around 3 to 4 a week and would expect the upper echelon of clubs in this comp to be over that.

I reckon its fair enough to go for the older blokes within the league but leave the kids alone

I doubt it would be right as Colbo haven't appointed a coach yet and they haven't been real aggressive in recruiting this early in the piece in recent years. I don't have any real trouble with clubs recruiting from other clubs in the competition it's a part of football thats been around for many a year.
I would expect Campbell to be on board with the Hawks he is said to be matey with the new coach. Heard the Hawks have already been on the ring around so good on them hopefully they can net a few early ones to get the ball rolling.
isnt locky coaching again on campbell better mates with saunders and may go to serp with him but never know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back