Henry Slattery Effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't reckon you can fault Slattery on his game today. Certainly played his role. Whether Hibberd is a better option than him I'd say probably yeah, but I don't mind Slattery (he could certainly take McVeigh's spot in the future.

Slattery came on and he was very composed straight away. Solid decision making and great attack on the ball.

Thought Dyson played a good role last night. He was a bit rusty with his disposal early on but he was a solid contributor the whole game.

Slattery came on and he was very composed straight away. Solid decision making and great attack on the ball.

Thought Dyson played a good role last night. He was a bit rusty with his disposal early on but he was a solid contributor the whole game.

They were both good. Slattery really monstered a few contests when he came on.

Did good.

Hibberd just gives away too many game costing frees and slip-ups. While him and Slattery are comparable, we didn't get that with Slattery's experience. I think we've needed that for a while.

How many goals did Hank set up?

How much run did he generate out of the backline?

Hank can thank Hardy for that.

Did his job, but out for Hibberd if fit.

They were both good. Slattery really monstered a few contests when he came on.

They were both average (did their job but added little) and need to be replaced.

This is why we are not a premiership threat.

We need better players than these if we want to play deep in to September in the future.

Why have so many supporters become so accepting of mediocrity?

You can't have 22 gun players - you still need the role players to win a premiership. If he's still around, Slats will probably take the McVeigh role of shutting someone down and being hard at the ball.

What's his record like on Betts/Garlett btw?

How many goals did Hank set up?

How much run did he generate out of the backline?

Hank can thank Hardy for that.

Did his job, but out for Hibberd if fit.

I remember two with some quick hands in the back half.

I remember when he monstered Wright in the last quarter, Wright hesitated, Slatts smashed the contest with everything he had, led to a ball up, we scored from that stoppage.

I remember some pretty decent tackles he layed, where he ate the Crows players, i remember some blocks and shepards that led to his team mates getting the ball....

anything else in a quarter and a half??..you want 30 touches, 8 goals, look like a superstar but refuse to do the team things?? **** me

One passage of play reminded me of why I like Hank. Kept his feet in a one on one, picked up the ball, fed it back to a much better kick in Spike, then shepherded ferociously to let Spike pick out and hit a target.

He knows what his strengths and weaknesses are, and doesn't try to do too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hank as sub gave essendon half a chance last week. Tonight showed why H.Slattery should never play for Essendon ever again. He is severely limited. Dud of the highest order.

Constantly here crap from some posters suggesting he is essendons best small shutdown defender. He is woeful and has little going for him. Poor skills, pace and decision making. His best attribute is effort but that don't take him far

There's no stupidity to it. When Hank plays essendon struggle as it's indicative better players are missing. Spank Slattery is a more apt nickname as he gets spanked most weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry Slattery Effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back