Heppell suing Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Techinally yes, personally feel that's unlikely. Things be pretty dire if EFC senior management and board basically did nothing.

I guess insurance would have to prove that management ignored an explicit warning about Dank's methods being illegal ... agree, that it is not likely, and more importantly probably extremely bad PR for the insurance in this case.

What you don't seem to understand is that insurers don't cover everything. Unless of course, your "insurer" is the AFL and is willing to do anything to keep you afloat.
Well can you the point out the specific condition or exclusion clause that says their particular insurer can refuse to pay? Because all media reports indicate that EFC have the appropriate insurance coverage and the insurer is part of negotiation process for settlement.

In any case, thanks for your concern in my apparent lack of insurance knowledge, but I am actually okay with my level of understanding.

What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, goose. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ******* dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******* dead, kiddo.

A bit of Les Grosmann I think.

Not surprised. The other night on AFL360 they were harping on about Heppel rumoured to the Crows. Heppell says "I'm flattered but there's no truth in it", Robbo says "Yeah, no chance. You're going back to Bombers for sure". Heppell's face couldn't hide his disgust with that concept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised. The other night on AFL360 they were harping on about Heppel rumoured to the Crows. Heppell says "I'm flattered but there's no truth in it", Robbo says "Yeah, no chance. You're going back to Bombers for sure". Heppell's face couldn't hide his disgust with that concept.

Perhaps he was just disgusted with the gibbering smelly fan-baboon talking to him.

I don't think any the players should get any compo imo,espically the value they are asking for.

Wish insurance company would turn around and say no
The club can point to the CAS findings. End of story. The players were responsible. Club doctor. Checkmate.

If the players try to wriggle out of that and start talking about the drug culture under Hird at Essendon, their lawyers can quote the hundreds of statements from the players claiming there was nothing at Essendon that was prohibited. Essendon's best witness would be Jobe Watson, and they can remind him of all the public statements he made defending Essendon over this.

How could Vitamins McVeigh sue Essendon? :D

Or:

Heppell: I had no choice.
Defence lawyer: Really?
Heppell: Really.
Defence lawyer: The defence wishes to call David Zaharakis.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people are so surprised, and I have no doubt Essendon are fully aware of this and I dare say supportive of it. They know he is the player they need to move forward, fans love him, kid can play, leadership material. They also know they right royally screwed him over. He sues, gets his cash to cover the year off and generally put him in a reasonable position, whilst the club keep the key plank to their future.

The club can point to the CAS findings. End of story. The players were responsible. Club doctor. Checkmate.

Only problem with is that civil law may not be the same as the WADA code, Nor is criminal law.

Both CAS and work cover found that the doctor was excluded. This formed the basis of a criminal conviction against EFC.

From a civil point of view a court could well find that an employee can rely on the assurances given by their employer. This might not satisfy the absolute liablilty nature of the WADA code, but different case different court.

Court may find though the players do have some contributory negligence.

I don't think any the players should get any compo imo,espically the value they are asking for.

Wish insurance company would turn around and say no

Personally think they deserve some, with the numbers that are being banded around hoping though the insurance company goes, ok that's the total amount, now what % of that are you responsible for yourself?

Only problem with is that civil law may not be the same as the WADA code, Nor is criminal law.

Both CAS and work cover found that the doctor was excluded. This formed the basis of a criminal conviction against EFC.

From a civil point of view a court could well find that an employee can rely on the assurances given by their employer. This might not satisfy the absolute liablilty nature of the WADA code, but different case different court.

Court may find though the players do have some contributory negligence.

Personally think they deserve some, with the numbers that are being banded around hoping though the insurance company goes, ok that's the total amount, now what % of that are you responsible for yourself?
I think Essendon would have a good case.

The workcover prosecution was about the responsibility of the efc. This case has to include the player's responsibility.

I think this is just more hush money, though, and Essendon will roll over. They don't want to read a pissed off player's full and frank expose of what went on in the SMH.

I think Essendon would have a good case.

The workcover prosecution was about the responsibility of the efc. This case has to include the player's responsibility.

I think this is just more hush money, though, and Essendon will roll over. They don't want to read a pissed off player's full and frank expose of what went on in the SMH.

Think EFC has a good case to say the players are partly to blame, don't think they can say the players are a 100% to blame, EFC shares some responsblites. Especially if the players include it in their case, so loss of wages and not knowing what they injected with (so Hal hunters claims).

Think EFC has a good case to say the players are partly to blame, don't think they can say the players are a 100% to blame, EFC shares some responsblites. Especially if the players include it in their case, so loss of wages and not knowing what they injected with (so Hal hunters claims).

Hal Hunter must be wondering about it all if Essendon just rolls over for players like Heppell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell suing Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back