Heppell suing Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you both bitch about "losing 1st and second rd picks for 2 years" and that you were then given a PP in 2014 ..... Seriously lettuce leaf punishment. And yes the team that finishes last generally = team with the worst list in the league. The fact that efc (and efc supporting media) believe that the club will be playing finals next year demonstrates oh bullshit the situation is.
Your tears taste like milkshakes

What the hell are you even on about?

How many of any club's list of 2012 have they "retained"? How many of Adelaide's players of that season are still on their list now?

But aren't Essendon beating their chests about player retention?

Just seems a bit weird to be bragging about player retention when 70% of the players in question are no longer at the club.

Haha what?!

You just made that up :D sorry mate but the number one pick is meant to go to the club that finishes last in any given year. It's always been that way. There has never, ever been some kind of subjective determination as to who has the worst list built in! hahaha c'mon man :D

As for "**** all punishment" give us a spell. We lost two years of first and second round draft picks! The best look at talent we got given in 2013 and 2014 was pick 19. The fact you consider that "**** all" punishment says it all really. Not to mention being booted from a finals series, jesus :D

You forgot the back door clauses. The mysterious trade loopholes.

Don't know what Little and Evans had on AFL House, but it must have been **** ing good shit.

How about EFC gets top up players but nobody else does? Really good shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot the back door clauses. The mysterious trade loopholes.

Don't know what Little and Evans had on AFL House, but it must have been **** ing good shit.

How about EFC gets top up players but nobody else does? Really good shit.
What loopholes?

So we could trade back in. Big deal. We still had to actually lose good players to get picks. We still had an overall net loss of 2 first and second round draft picks. That ain't a loophole. That'd fact.

I think you will find all insurance companies reinsure themselves through a small few of the larger companies in this field, who have turn overs large enough to not require insuring themselves, Lloyds and SwissRE are two examples, but thanks for your educated, well thought out reply.

Last edited:
But aren't Essendon beating their chests about player retention?

Just seems a bit weird to be bragging about player retention when 70% of the players in question are no longer at the club.
I'm not sure if you're being deliberately disingenuous or not, but the bragging about player retention has never been about the 34 because natural attrition means that the '34' were never, in any circumstance, all still going to be at the club four years later. Let's have a look at some of them:

Ricky Dyson- someone I thought was actually a bit unlucky to be delisted when he was, but nonetheless, a fairly average footballer
Alwyn Davey- an okay player, nothing special once his hammies went in 2007 though. Lost his pace
David Hille- retired
Dustin Fletcher- retired and straight to the nursing home
Kyle Hardingham- not quite good enough for AFL level
Leroy Jetta- urgh
Luke Davis- late draft selection who probably wasn't quite up to it. Didn't play a game
Alex Browne- cruelled by injuries, but he was always going to battle to stay on the list with how little he played

Shall I keep going or not?

The player retention brag, for want of a better way to put it, was always about how many of the 12 current players they could convince to stay. Pretty simple.

plenty was wrong, but it wasnt planned doping. That much is obvious
It was DOPING program PLANNED by one or more employees/contractors of the EFC, supported by and endorsed by others at the club.

Definately planned doping. It's the degree of illegallity of the planning that I think you are disputing?

It was DOPING program PLANNED by one or more employees/contractors of the EFC, supported by and endorsed by others at the club.

Definately planned doping. It's the degree of illegallity of the planning that I think you are disputing?
given even the players dont seem sure of what they received I cant see how this was a planned doping program. Surely if you are going to plan a doping program you'd know what you were doping with

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell suing Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back