Heppell suing Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s employment arbitration. Why the hell would it be done in public?

There’s courts for that, if it needs to go that way.

Both sides of a dispute want to negotiate in private, it’s got nothing to do with anybody else. People are just being voyeuristic. The players’ lives and employment details aren’t your property.
It is slightly interesting as to exactly what they are being sued for, and exactly what Essendon are admitting to though.

I still don't understand how the players can possibly sue.

It is slightly interesting as to exactly what they are being sued for, and exactly what Essendon are admitting to though.

I still don't understand how the players can possibly sue.
EFC will be paying negotiated settlements for governance flaws. Even though nothing went down.

I stil laugh when I think of Madigan wanting an enquiry to ensure the players rights were not abused!!!
Not a problem with EFC or the AFL and the way they have handled the issue.
These two have manipulated an outcome to suit.
Cue rage from other club presidents when EFC player spending is so blurred between salary and settlements.

Loss of earnings as a result of suspensions
But they're getting paid anyway aren't they?

Heppell has picked up a media gig, and all those still playing have been offered new contracts.

Add to that that the club says they know they weren't given anything banned or harmful, plus the fact that the players were found to have been complicit in the program - and I can't really see what the club is being sued for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heppell has picked up a media gig, and all those still playing have been offered new contracts.

Add to that that the club says they know they weren't given anything banned or harmful, plus the fact that the players were found to have been complicit in the program - and I can't really see what the club is being sued for.

Loss of sponsorship deals, match day and performance payments, AFL and club sanctioned appearances, etc.

Unless you've seen player contracts or have any direct dealings then of course you're going to have no idea of what is actually going on.

Loss of sponsorship deals, match day and performance payments, AFL and club sanctioned appearances, etc.

Unless you've seen player contracts or have any direct dealings then of course you're going to have no idea of what is actually going on.
As a supporter, seeing as the club knows they didn't give them anything banned or harmful, and seeing as the players were found to be complicit - are you going to support the club simply rolling over on this?

I'm not sure I would be.

The bannedEssendon players are earning income, some are on the footy cards and Dyson heppel is on the album cover.

I stil laugh when I think of Madigan wanting an enquiry to ensure the players rights were not abused!!!
Not a problem with EFC or the AFL and the way they have handled the issue.
These two have manipulated an outcome to suit.
Cue rage from other club presidents when EFC player spending is so blurred between salary and settlements.
I still laugh when Slartibartfast posts obvious comments to manipulate the likes.
Cue rage by other posters for anything EFC related.

yep, club management of the saga has improved drastically and now they are on top of their game.

EFC will keep all the required players, who will be compensated fairly in accordance with the way they were treated. And move forwards united. It's good to see

yep, club management of the saga has improved drastically and now they are on top of their game.

EFC will keep all the required players, who will be compensated fairly in accordance with the way they were treated. And move forwards united. It's good to see
I think 'on top of their game' is a stretch to be honest.

I'd put them more in the 'functioning like a regular AFL club' category.

Hardly reason for high fiving.

Regular clubs don't dope their entire list. Tick.
Regular clubs retain most of their required players. Tick.

There'll be some dark times on-field for a few years, but aside from any embroilment in the customs corrruption scandal, this is pretty much done.

The acceptance of mediocrity can work its way into a club's pshyche very quickly.

Essendon are dead set embracing it at the moment!
I wouldnt say our on field performances have been mediocre given our limited playing list. We were told to expect 100 point thrashings every week yet we've challenged two of the favourites deep into the last quarter, and even won a game. I wouldnt say our continued signing of key players has been mediocre either. You can down play it all you like but theres a lot to look forward to for bomber fans

I wouldnt say our on field performances have been mediocre given our limited playing list. We were told to expect 100 point thrashings every week yet we've challenged two of the favourites deep into the last quarter, and even won a game. I wouldnt say our continued signing of key players has been mediocre either. You can down play it all you like but theres a lot to look forward to for bomber fans
As I said - Embracing mediocrity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell suing Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back