Heppell suing Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed.

His public statements to date have shown that not only does he want to stay, that he wants to be a part of Essendon's future.

This includes being the leader of the young lads.

What the legal action does mean is that what Essendon and it's insurer have been planning on happening is about to and the funds are there already to cover the bill. Chances are it won't take too long for this to be completed.
Careful Pazza. We know what happens when an Essendon supporter says something along the lines of 'no biggie, it'll be over soon'!!

Last edited:

Yes, but it is Bock and Melbourne in his firing line why not Hird, Evans, (regarding the "financials") and EFC?

They haven't pissed him of yet?
He's stil hoping for a win on some of his defemation cases and does not want to screw them up again?
He tends to lob grenades once things appear to be over just to flare them up, EFC case not over yet.

Usually insurance doesn't cover "illegal" acts, perhaps this applies clubs giving to players drugs not approved for human use?

Does this mean that EFC may have to pay out of its own pocket? Oh oh?

Or the AFL quietly steps in so that Essendon (or more likely the Insurers who dont like giving away hush money) dont have to contest it and point out that the players willingly breached the WADA / ASADA / AFL Drug Code and CAS found them willing participants and gave them the full penalty.

Nah, the AFLs in cahoots with Essendon now and would OK the exemption a microsecond after the form lands on the desk.

It's very cheeky to be demanding a million a year contract to keep playing for the club - he's worth 800k max (I think he's talked up and overrated) and dont forget he's just sat out for a year. But hey, might as well stick it to them.

Im with you, i dont think many mids are worth a million. The only mids i would consider paying a million to are the gamechangers like ablett and fyfe, guys who are more than capable of playing full time forward role as well of required

Which begs the question : why hasn't Dank dropped said people and club in the shit?

What does he have to lose? He will never work in AFL again and he is seemingly up to his eyeballs in debt with ongoing court cases that must be very stressful.

Well, depending on what actually happened and who knew about it, worst case, Dank and a few others end up in jail. There appears to be a high degree of mutually benefit by Dank remaining to a large degree silent on what actually happened at EFC.

Usually insurance doesn't cover "illegal" acts, perhaps this applies clubs giving to players drugs not approved for human use?

Does this mean that EFC may have to pay out of its own pocket? Oh oh?
Hopefully. Maybe Bunk can make another excuse about insurance policies.

Haha....too funny!

Insurer: Hello
Thrawn: Hi, had a car accident and need to claim
Insurer: Is that you Thrawn?
Thrawn: yes
Insurer: Sorry not paying claims today!
Thrawn: But I paid for the policy and it covers accidents doesn't it?
Insurer: Yes and yes, but we are are not paying claims today.
Thrawn: okay fair enough, bye.
Who are you and why would I go with Essendon's insurer?

Well, depending on what actually happened and who knew about it, worst case, Dank and a few others end up in jail. There appears to be a high degree of mutually benefit by Dank remaining to a large degree silent on what actually happened at EFC.

Even if not jail, bankruptcy, loss of status, professional position, large fines etc.

Can see a few people starting to sweat if Dank decides he has nothing left to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if not jail, bankruptcy, loss of status, professional position, large fines etc.

Can see a few people starting to sweat if Dank decides he has nothing left to lose.

No doubt.

Worst case as I see it is if someone could successfully mount a case based on an unsupervised, unregulated drug testing program.

Purely a guess on my part, but would have thought time in the slammer rather than a fine.

The thing about the other drugs used at EFC is that, unless it could be established that EFC management were aware of which drugs were being administered, then the majority of the hurt will be born by the players.

By and large, clubs really don't give that much thought to the welfare of players - particularly those who have left or who are about to leave the club. I cannot really see anyone at EFC laying awake at night concerned about a 28 yo with dodgy knees who has just been hit with another ban.

There would of course be a substantial risk that other players on their list who were not caught up in the TB4 matter might also be caught up in any revelations Dank might bring. I guess that alone could cause some sleepless nights.

Big call… but this may be my favourite HTB cage thread ever.

It has a nice mix of genuinely funny jokes… along with several enlightening discoveries of the kind you make every time you enter the HTB.

Such as supposed experts who didn’t even know that professional liability insurance existed – that insurance that basically every business on the planet has.

Rolled gold in here.

Don't forget the empty vessel making lots of noise.

It could fittingly be called empty noise.

Sorry seem to have got you angry over a minor thing. Anyhow I'm sure you know how it works, as there doesn't seem to be a thing that you don't know.
Lots I don't know, lots I do. Life experience is a pretty handy thing. You'll figure that out for yourself one day. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Heppell suing Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back