Herald Sun Super Coach 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im pulling my hair out...

lost my last 3 league games....in a top 20 league (heavy recruiting drive in the off season ;)) but cant take a break...last week had kennelly, stanton, cross all go down...ouch! have gone from top 300 to 5000 in last few weeks and sit 13th a game outa the 8....now that stings! have a few minnows on the way home might sneak into finals...i think my team deserves better...:mad:

backs: gilbee, shaw, mcloed, adcock, s.fisher, J.Smith, Bizzell/Boyle
centres: judd, kerr, stanton, dalsanto, b.mclean, haselby
rucks: mcintosh, cox
forwards: lucas, pavlich, okeefe, lloyd, g.ablett, kosi, edwards/gray

im pulling my hair out...

lost my last 3 league games....in a top 20 league (heavy recruiting drive in the off season ;)) but cant take a break...last week had kennelly, stanton, cross all go down...ouch! have gone from top 300 to 5000 in last few weeks and sit 13th a game outa the 8....now that stings! have a few minnows on the way home might sneak into finals...i think my team deserves better...:mad:

backs: gilbee, shaw, mcloed, adcock, s.fisher, J.Smith, Bizzell/Boyle
centres: judd, kerr, stanton, dalsanto, b.mclean, haselby
rucks: mcintosh, cox
forwards: lucas, pavlich, okeefe, lloyd, g.ablett, kosi, edwards/gray

I can definately understand where your coming from! your team (i think) is a fairly good team, one which i thought would def be in the 8 at the end. But a game is a game and there are always going to be lucky and unlucky people! this game requires more luck than anything. I too "thought" i had a top 4 team, yet found my self at 12th in the league. Im slowly creeping back up and am sitting at 6th now. Dont get me wrong, there is still alot of skill involved in Fantasy Footy, but the teams who win, are the teams who are lucky when it comes to injury and general luck on game day. Most of which, is totally out of your control, so sit back and watch how your team goes!:)

Guys Advice on who to upgrade in my backline, keep in mind this is how it will probably stay rest of year.

Its out Of

Tim Boyle
Clint Bizzell
Jesse Smith

To Gilbee Or Under

Ok So In is most likely Gilbee unless someone persuades me to bring in Heath Shaw over Gilbee???

Its a really hard one who to bring out though, the player in will be on the ground then the other 2 will be permanent 7th man and 1st Bench.

Love Timmy Boyle as im a hawks man but that -7 last week cost me the game, but then other weeks scores 100 is he. Jesse Smiths scored have been tumbling. And the Bizz has been scoring descent although not playing that well.

Other Option I could get the Chad if I wait for Biz to go up slightly more.

gilbee for boyle mate, just so effective, has been picking up 15-20 touches a game and pulling in 100's, last week with 28 he raked in 158. Cross' injury if anything will help him find more of the ball...

Great trades, how many do you have left?

There will be 9 remaining after this week. I'm pretty happy with that

Great trade as long as Krakour is one of your bench players

Yeah he is, so it will now be Gray & Davey/Tredrea on the pine in the forward line. I'm sticking with Tredrea eventually he will come good and I've stuck with him for this long so I may as well sink with him if he goes any lower. He couldn't possibly though could he?

gilbee for boyle mate, just so effective, has been picking up 15-20 touches a game and pulling in 100's, last week with 28 he raked in 158. Cross' injury if anything will help him find more of the ball...

Thanks mate was definately the way im looking at the moment, bust just cant get me head around what these other 2 are going to do teh rest the year (Smith and Biz) Would probably start Biz and bench smith even though its been the other way last few weeks

With 6 trades remaining after this week with Cross being downgraded, i will be looking carefully at who to trade in my weakest links.After going thru my team i've decided that ;

Smith/Gilbert/Boyle are up in my backs...which of those three is a definate OUT !?

D.Thomas is up in my forwards.....Looking at N.G Brown, would he be a bargin for atleast although coming back from another let down that he'll give you consistency which Thomas has'nt !!

Please what do ya's think !?

Ah sh%t wrong thread....thoughts anyway

really need some davice on the whole cross thing. Have $0 in the bank so i need someone cheaper than cross.

Have narrowed it down to:
Mclean, Kirk, Simpson, S. Burgoyne, Lewis.

Need some convincing on who to choose, leaning towards mclean. Would pounce on kirk however his FA's are a worry. 6 last week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my trades this week:

out: hudson + j w smith
in: (cheap ruckman) + Mcleod

the ruckman i will get will be my 4th ruckman so i will only need him if griffen is injured or my main 2 ruckman. i figured i may as well get a rookie like spaanderman to make as much cash as possible instead of spending the extra 10k or so. anyone else making a similar trade?

really need some davice on the whole cross thing. Have $0 in the bank so i need someone cheaper than cross.

Need some convincing on who to choose, leaning towards mclean. Would pounce on kirk however his FA's are a worry. 6 last week!

Consider Lenny

There will be 9 remaining after this week. I'm pretty happy with that

Yeah he is, so it will now be Gray & Davey/Tredrea on the pine in the forward line. I'm sticking with Tredrea eventually he will come good and I've stuck with him for this long so I may as well sink with him if he goes any lower. He couldn't possibly though could he?

I'm thinking the same thing. I am going to stick with Tredders and trade Alwyn Davey.
But who for?? I can afford any forward.

Currently have: Pavlich, Chapman, B Johnson, Franklin, Bock, Tredrea, Davey (Jericho, Krakeour)

If I trade Krakeour for Westhoff or Gray - I then have enough to upgrade either Bock or Davey to anyone I want. What should I do??

Also - do I hang onto Goodwin. (I have Hadley and Petterd on the pine)

I say hang onto Goody. some say he could play the next game with the break and some say 3-5 weeks but i say he wont be out for more than 3 weeks. I think he is worth keeping if you have hadley and petterd to replace him. Keep the trade for later.

There you go, read the latest thread "hope you didn't trade goody".

McLean will get better and better with more game time. A heap of people had to trade him out after rd one because of his injury. I'd get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back