Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judd dosen't look like such a bargain on to
supercoach. And there are concerns on Kennelly's body.
I think im going to take the risk with Tagh. His first month last year was sensational although it will take him a few rounds get his touch back.

Judd on the other hand is still fairly expensive and IMO there are better, fully fit options around him.

Judd is priced based on a 106 average.

In 2005 he averaged 114 and in 2006 he averaged 132.

Stranger things have happened, but I don't see him going backwards from 106.

Judd's 2006 was 6 points per game better than Bartel's 2007.

The game is all about taking calculated risks and I quite like Judd's risk/return profile this year...

yeah i agree now i dont think judd would be that cheap but is it true that u x his avarage by 5152. i also think Van Berlo's prices will sky rocket this year

Does any one have the AFL prospectus, i do and i think it help chosing ur team so much

great players will always do well eg,cox,judd ect because they will IMPACT on a game that gives you extra points.

look for the mid price range players this year that can 1 have an impact and
2 have clean skills....there are a couple bargains :)

turnovers kill us in supercoach...

Cheers

$CASHA$
$Casha$ Did you by any chance use the AFL prospectus last year as a guide to pick your team? I am thinking of getting it but want some feedback on whether it worth it.

Can we please get some player talk on this thread instead of opening dates etc.

Interested to hear thoughts on the following:

Didak
Porplyzia
Le Cras
Monfries
Salopek
Cooney

Cheers lads

Didak
Porplyzia
Le Cras
Monfries
Salopek
Cooney

Cheers lads

Didak - Moving into the midfield this year will hopefully get backto his wonderful 06 form, dropped in 07 because of a knee reco but got a few games under his belt in 07 and looks fit and ready to make an impact in 08
A must IMO but that may be because im a collingwood supporter

Porplyzia - Havnt seen much of the bloke, seems too be alot of interest in him afta saturday nights match, alot of disscussion of weather he has the tank to be able to d it week in week out, ill leave that choice to you, but dont just jump on him because of one game, research his last years stats, effectivness ect. see how he goes next NAB cup match

Thats 2 for now, will try get around to the other few later on

Didak - Moving into the midfield this year will hopefully get backto his wonderful 06 form, dropped in 07 because of a knee reco but got a few games under his belt in 07 and looks fit and ready to make an impact in 08
A must IMO but that may be because im a collingwood supporter

Porplyzia - Havnt seen much of the bloke, seems too be alot of interest in him afta saturday nights match, alot of disscussion of weather he has the tank to be able to d it week in week out, ill leave that choice to you, but dont just jump on him because of one game, research his last years stats, effectivness ect. see how he goes next NAB cup match

Thats 2 for now, will try get around to the other few later on

Mate its a bloody start, good effort. Look forward to hearing more about the players.:thumbsu: Btw agree on porplyzia. Bruce sed that he'd been doing some altitude training and building up his endurance but will defs wanna see more of him b4 i pick him.

I agree with Blackhawk03, more discussion around players is needed.

Monfries - the talk is that he is going to get more time in midfield this year. Apparently went well in intraclub match the other day. Going to keep my eye on Houili, it was reported he was a stand out.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the following:
Andrejs Everitt
Xavier Ellis
Joel Selwood
Andrew Swallow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Blackhawk03, more discussion around players is needed.

Monfries - the talk is that he is going to get more time in midfield this year. Apparently went well in intraclub match the other day. Going to keep my eye on Houili, it was reported he was a stand out.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the following:
Andrejs Everitt
Xavier Ellis
Joel Selwood
Andrew Swallow

Selwood - Would probly stay away from blokes like Selwood, had a fantastic first year, but you will be abl to get someone of much better quality for around the same price, second year players are always a risk. He will be one of the best scorers in years to come, but I would stay away from him for the moment

Ellis - Ellis has been around for a few years now and now he has another pre-season under his belt he may be one to look at. He hasnt showed alot in scoring terms over the last few years but that may be because he hasnt been given the opportunites as such. Should play a much more active role in 08 which will no doubt boost his scoring rate, one again ill leave this one up to you, I for one am staying away from him as I see a little bit more quality for that tad extra cash but if your tight on cash he may be just worth the risk, just remember how I said "Risk"

Didak
Porplyzia
Le Cras
Monfries
Salopek
Cooney

Cheers lads

Selwood - Would probly stay away from blokes like Selwood, had a fantastic first year, but you will be abl to get someone of much better quality for around the same price, second year players are always a risk. He will be one of the best scorers in years to come, but I would stay away from him for the moment

Ellis - Ellis has been around for a few years now and now he has another pre-season under his belt he may be one to look at. He hasnt showed alot in scoring terms over the last few years but that may be because he hasnt been given the opportunites as such. Should play a much more active role in 08 which will no doubt boost his scoring rate, one again ill leave this one up to you, I for one am staying away from him as I see a little bit more quality for that tad extra cash but if your tight on cash he may be just worth the risk, just remember how I said "Risk"

Cheers! Agree with Ellis, he is a risk, but also thinking he should get much more game time this year. Some talk of him playing through the midfield, possibly wing. Don't know how reliable though.

Unsure at this time whether to take a few risks through the midfield, or to stick with a solid midfield who can carry me through most of the season. Surely Stevens will be an inclusion in most teams, it will be interesting to see how popular Judd will be as a starter. Looking at sub 500,000 players, do you think Priddis will improve much?

Cheers! Agree with Ellis, he is a risk, but also thinking he should get much more game time this year. Some talk of him playing through the midfield, possibly wing. Don't know how reliable though.

Unsure at this time whether to take a few risks through the midfield, or to stick with a solid midfield who can carry me through most of the season. Surely Stevens will be an inclusion in most teams, it will be interesting to see how popular Judd will be as a starter. Looking at sub 500,000 players, do you think Priddis will improve much?

Priddis will be playing a much more active role in the West Coast midfield this year with the ommisions of Cousins and Judd.

Kerr will most likely be copping the heavy tag which could help Priddis's scoring
Another risk and it is your decision, thats just my $0.02

Priddis will be playing a much more active role in the West Coast midfield this year with the ommisions of Cousins and Judd.

Kerr will most likely be copping the heavy tag which could help Priddis's scoring
Another risk and it is your decision, thats just my $0.02

:thumbsu: you would be surprised how much you can get from $0.02 in this game. There seems to be alot of talk about the rucks this year? One name I haven't been hearing much is Steven King. For someone priced ~270,000 I will be keeping a close eye on his NAB performance. Just get this feeling that he is going to have a real crack after being burnt by Geelong. Just hope his body holds up.

Need to pick a mid-price forward who'll make some cash to upgrade later from:

Welsh
Williams
Medhurst
Hall
Cloke
D. Thomas

Thinking Thomas has some improvement left in him with this touted move into the midfield.

Also worth spending a bit more cash to go from Hawkins to say Edwards, M. Morton or LeCras? And as someone mentioned earlier is Everitt going to break out this year??

I will certainly be keeping an eye on young Everitt. Built his body up a little over the preseason and by all reports played well in the intra club match (although on young Grant mind u). Without the dreds he looks like a different player, but i expect him to get more game time in 08, with maybe a change up role with Hargrave between HB and WING.

Excellent skills and most importantly uses the ball well.

Didak
Porplyzia
Le Cras
Monfries
Salopek
Cooney

Cheers lads

Not sure can Salopek will improve his output all that much in terms of fantasy points, and of course, his body is always a concern.

Better value in centres IMO.

$Casha$ Did you by any chance use the AFL prospectus last year as a guide to pick your team? I am thinking of getting it but want some feedback on whether it worth it.

I picked up the prospectus for the first time this year. Having now spent a week going through it, I can't imagine trying to pick my team without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back