Herald Sun SuperCoach 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the best reletively cheap centre will come out of the Weagles !!!
Priddis and Kerr will take alot of heat from taggers, so with Judd and cousins gone, who'll be the 3rd and 4th centre ??? This space is the one to watch !!! IMO

Not sure can Salopek will improve his output all that much in terms of fantasy points, and of course, his body is always a concern.

Better value in centres IMO.

Yeah I have to agree. At the moment I have him in as one of my players who is gonna become an elite midfielder but I am getting the feeling this hope is in vain. Im looking at the following as potential replacements:

McLean (got seriously burnt by him last yr tho and will get no.1 tag)
Ball (but already have Dal)
Cooney (surprised at his average must get killed by clangers)
Ladson (as one of the "different" picks)

Thoughts and any other suggestions welcome

does any one no if u have to x the players average by 5151 to get there price at the start of the season

The biggest question people will be asking IMO is Coughlan or Butler?????

Sammys preseason has been awful in terms of fitness.

He may have even taken a step back.

Coughlan possibly later on but both are fraught with danger.

$Casha$ Did you by any chance use the AFL prospectus last year as a guide to pick your team? I am thinking of getting it but want some feedback on whether it worth it.

never used it and i won't bother with it..

IMO it gives you too much info leads you into dark and unpredictable places(hmmm rookies)

i do my own research:thumbsu:

but each to there own:p

cheers

$CASHA$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see that Stuart Dews SC price on Fan Footy is listed at $90,200...... surely if he stays at this price it would have to be tempting.

This is my opinion of the bargins of 08

Byron schammer
mick stevens
mark coughlan
Alan didak
brad symes
Tadgh kennelly
jared Roughhead (maybe)

What are ur opinions on these guys??

Byron schammer
mick stevens
mark coughlan
Alan didak
brad symes
Tadgh kennelly
jared Roughhead (maybe)

Schammer- Heard he is really fit. Not for mine though.
Mick Stevens- Dunno much about him, but i've got Nick on mine, he will dominate.
Coughlan- Tough 1. I'd pass but he is cheap.
Didak- Overrated.
Symes- Hmmmmm only if you have to, at least he is a back.
Kennely - Bargain? If cheap will be good, but he won't be that cheap.
Roughead- HACK. lol.

I see that Stuart Dews SC price on Fan Footy is listed at $90,200...... surely if he stays at this price it would have to be tempting.

Absolute lock, at least on the bench.

Byron schammer
mick stevens
mark coughlan
Alan didak
brad symes
Tadgh kennelly
jared Roughhead (maybe)

Schammer - monitor in pre-season, but at his price, yes.
Stevens - depends on price, but Judd will take his tag if he's fully fit.
Coughlan - monitor in pre-season
Didak - output will exceed his price
Kennelly - no
Roughead - LOL

Yeah... nah. I still don't get it.
Looking back on it, neither do i :eek:

Byron schammer - Like others have said, monitor his NAB Cup. I would of thought he would be more suited to DT though.
mick stevens - Nick? Yes. Even if he does start off slow he will make money. Needs Judd in the team.
mark coughlan - Personally no, but if you are strapped for money then he would be a good selection at his price. Nice cash cow.
Alan didak - Not convinced yet but not many others at his price tag. Was touted as playing more of a midfield role this season but that hasnt been evident as of yet.
brad symes - Not a big fan. Didnt look good against the pies. Next.
Tadgh kennelly - Good selection. I think he will take a bit to get going (round 5 atleast) but after that he will start to produce alot more. With Malceski to play more a midfield role he will be the main rebounding defender for the Swans.
jared Roughhead (maybe)

Answers next to the names...

daniel bradshaw? oh so risky... i think i've got my team pretty much down pat bar one or two players who are expendable. also need to find a cheap midfeilder...

I agree with Blackhawk03, more discussion around players is needed.

Monfries - the talk is that he is going to get more time in midfield this year. Apparently went well in intraclub match the other day. Going to keep my eye on Houili, it was reported he was a stand out.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the following:
Andrejs Everitt
Xavier Ellis
Joel Selwood
Andrew Swallow
Joel Selwood is gonna spend a lot more time on field than he did last year, going for a rest in the backline or forwardline. In my oppinion his numbers will get better from last year. Might be good value.

If Supercoach starts next week. Does that mean when picking my side, that I have to take into account the players not getting used for the NAB games???
Or is it that it's only the selecting of the team that is starting next week???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back