mintonconnell

Debutant
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
The Herald Sun journalists have had there go at selecting an All-Australian like team. Looks okay at first glance. Not sure about Judd being in the side let alone vice-captain. 7 Cats make the 22. Thoughts?

The team is:
B: Dale Morris, Matthew Scarlett, Sam Fisher
HB: Luke Hodge, Nathan Bock, Corey Enright
Mids: Dean Cox, Chris Judd (vc), Gary Ablett, Adam Cooney, Jimmy Bartel, Cameron Ling
HF: Steve Johnson, Nick Riewoldt (c), Matthew Richardson
F: Lance Franklin, Brendan Fevola, Brent Harvey
Int: Joel Corey, Drew Petrie, Simon Black, Robert Murphy

Coach: Mark Thompson

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24292173-19742,00.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Herald Sun journalists have had there go at selecting an All-Australian like team. Looks okay at first glance. Not sure about Judd being in the side let alone vice-captain. 7 Cats make the 22. Thoughts?

The team is:
Mids: Dean Cox, Chris Judd (vc), Gary Ablett, Adam Cooney, Jimmy Bartel, Cameron Ling

Coach: Mark Thompson

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24292173-19742,00.html

Wouldn't have enright or Drew Petrie. Cameron ling i'm pretty sure didn't even make the squad the selectors brought out a couple of days ago.

You should have the competition's leading clearance-getter in the team.

And yes, also a ruckman.

Riewoldt for captain is an absolute joke. The rest looks quite good.

Franklin should also be full forward. Just because Fev is a one-trick pony doesn't mean he should get the prime position.

yeh, I'd have Mitchell in before Ling.

Ling onto the bench for Black, just in case a tagger is needed.

Hell yes

Compare him to all the other captains in the comp? best leader, on and off field.

If he got AA captain, it would be quite fair.

I'd say remove ling and it's about right...

I'd think Judd would be the best leader. I'm pretty sure his middle name is actually "Leader".

How they can put Ling in there is a joke. Selwood would be a long way ahead of him, as would plenty of other players. Good to see no Mackie though.

Why is Richo in the forward line and Ling in the side. Judd is always going to make the side, so we can't argue that even if there are more deserving.
Changes: Take Ling out, move Richo to wing. Murphy to HFF and Pavlich to the bench. Swap Corey and Cooney as well. I'd be happy enough with those changes.
Changes I'd also make but probably won't occur. O'Keefe, Harley and Mitchell for Murphy, Judd and Fisher.

The team is:

Also, whats with the Mids line in the team sheet. Doesn't the HS know that their is a ruck line when you name a team.

Ling is in the side because he is the best tagger in the league, kicks goals, averages 24 disposals, is extremely hard, and has excellent leadership qualities.

Look at his job on Harvey 2 weeks ago. Butchered him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun "Superteam"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back