Herald Sun "Superteam"

Remove this Banner Ad

LOLOLOLOL Corey might lead the comp in possessions but how many of them possies have been uncontested? Judders is class through and through, leads the comp in contested possessions and has had no support to Corey. Judders cops the number 1 tag every week while Corey is usually allowed to roam free.

Rubbish, this Judd contested possession thing is just a nerds view on stats in footy. He doesn't chase, he gets samshed for 3 out of 4 quarters each week, his kicking is borderline awful, and the media keep pumping him up. His season was average at best and below the top 5 midfielders of just about every club.

No Pavlich?

No one can tell me Murphy had a better season than Pavlich.

Pavlich averaged 1 more possession a game and 2 more goals a game than him, what a ****ing joke, the Herald Sun should get their ****ing head out of their arse and start paying attention to the 'National' competition.

No Pavlich?

No one can tell me Murphy had a better season than Pavlich.

Pavlich averaged 1 more possession a game and 2 more goals a game than him, what a ****ing joke, the Herald Sun should get their ****ing head out of their arse and start paying attention to the 'National' competition.
Pavlich hasn't been as dominating as previous years, and lets be honest - he was gifted the 2002 AA FB position, so he shouldn't get gifted another one.

Deserves to sit out this year in my honest opinion.

Rubbish, this Judd contested possession thing is just a nerds view on stats in footy. He doesn't chase, he gets samshed for 3 out of 4 quarters each week, his kicking is borderline awful, and the media keep pumping him up. His season was average at best and below the top 5 midfielders of just about every club.

OK champ which 5 midfielders at Collingwood are better than Judd this year? Remember this isn't Bay 13 buddy.

Judd has done so much this year it isn't even funny. Next year he should be even better because he'll be able to have a decent pre-season as well.

What's with all the Cameron Ling hate. Easily the best tagger in the league, maybe up there for best of all time. Continues to be underrated, bar by Geelong fans.
He's a good player, but has he been better then Corey. No
Pavlich missing out is another Joke, been the best CHF in the game this year.
Judd is a token selection as well

Pavlich hasn't been as dominating as previous years, and lets be honest - he was gifted the 2002 AA FB position, so he shouldn't get gifted another one.

Deserves to sit out this year in my honest opinion.

His key numbers are up from last year? More possessions, more goals.

It's not about being 'gifted' a slot, he got third on the coaches association votes, behind Ablett and Franklin. And 8th on overall player rankings, all numbers and performances indicate he is top 10 in the league for people who actually watch Fremantle games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOLOLOLOL Corey might lead the comp in possessions but how many of them possies have been uncontested? Judders is class through and through, leads the comp in contested possessions and has had no support to Corey. Judders cops the number 1 tag every week while Corey is usually allowed to roam free.

Corey I would say is nowhere near him and the level of Bartel and Ablett and I would probably rate him lower than J. Selwood too. Mitchell, both McVeigh's and Lukey Power had a better year than Corey. Corey was lucky to even get a spot on the pine.

I think he's just one of those 'good players in a legendary team who looks 100 times better than he actually is' players.
Well acoording to the afl stats he is equal 6th, in front of people like Kirk and Foley.
Stevens, Murphy, etc. Besides corey is the support for the geelong team, the sheparder and blocker
Maybe you need to actually 'watch' Geelong games more, most of our supporters rate him up there with ablett and bartel in terms of influence, perhaps not footballing ability, but definately work ethic and team play. Note 5th in tackles, 6th in contested possesions is not a soft player, and add that to 1st in total possesions. And whilst stats don't tell the true story of some players, stats don't tell what Corey does when he doesn't have the ball too.

How is once three years ago, "all the time"????

You obviously don't watch him play, or you would know he is a perfect example of a great leader.

A great leader shanks shots at goal at crucial stages of games?

Case in point - Geelong vs St.Kilda last year. St.Kilda were playing well just before half time, Riewoldt marks 20m out straight in front, needs a goal to level the scores, but hits the post instead. On the resulting kick out Geelong rush the ball down and score a goal at the other end. Instead of going into half-time level and with all the momentum, the Saints go into half-time 11 points down and with all the wind sucked out of their sails. Yup, great captain's effort that. :rolleyes:

A great leader shanks shots at goal at crucial stages of games?

Case in point - Geelong vs St.Kilda last year. St.Kilda were playing well just before half time, Riewoldt marks 20m out straight in front, needs a goal to level the scores, but hits the post instead. On the resulting kick out Geelong rush the ball down and score a goal at the other end. Instead of going into half-time level and with all the momentum, the Saints go into half-time 11 points down and with all the wind sucked out of their sails. Yup, great captain's effort that. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure that happened in 2006 - when Riewoldt was not even Captain.

But even supposing it did happen last year when Nick was co-captain - so every player that has ever missed a shot on goal is a bad leader, are they?

And how about we talk about this year?

I notice you don't want to discuss the 8 or so games this season when he has kicked the goals at the crucial points to lift the team and carry it to victory - no, you only want to talk about a shot he missed more than a year - possibly two years - ago.

You can't just fixate on the bad, you know.

Well, you can, but you look like a muppet with an agenda.

OK champ which 5 midfielders at Collingwood are better than Judd this year? Remember this isn't Bay 13 buddy.

Judd has done so much this year it isn't even funny. Next year he should be even better because he'll be able to have a decent pre-season as well.
Judd gets my vote as AA skipper this year. To do what he's done at 80% fitness is testimony to his greatness. Reckon he's way over the odds at $5 for a brownlow place this year and I'm nearly as confident about a collect as I was when he bolted in in 2004 at the same odds for the win...

Reckon you've made the right choice about picking him as captain over Stevens at the start of the year?

IMO:

Daniel Motlop -> FP (Harvey)
Harvey -> Midfield or Bench (Ling or Corey out)

Pavlich -> bench (Petrie out)

EDIT: Whoever suggested Kane Cornes should be in... NO NO NO. IMO as a bias Port supporter, Kornes is overrated with many of his disposals "junk" disposals in the backlines or from 1-2's. He rarely hurts the other teams.

Typical Collingwood supporters having a cry ;)

Which players do you think should have gotten in? I'd say the only one with a chance was Medders and Didak. Both were pretty unlucky not to have been chosen.

Sounds like you answered your own question there tossa...;)

EDIT: sorry just saw that someone already pointed that out....nothing to see here Trossa, move on....

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun "Superteam"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back