Heritage Round Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think that they should do a 10 years ago round and say its round 3 2008 they should wear what they wore in round 3 1998 and play the exact same teams and at the same venue.

Well if they were to do it this year they would have to play two games at Waverley Park, one game at the W.A.C.A. and one at Princes Park.

Adelaide vs West Coast
Fremantle vs Sydney
Carlton vs Western Bulldogs
St Kilda vs North Melbourne
Geelong vs Collingwood
Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide
Essendon vs Melbourne
Brisbane vs Richmond

Well if they were to do it this year they would have to play two games at Waverley Park, one game at the W.A.C.A. and one at Princes Park.

Adelaide vs West Coast
Fremantle vs Sydney
Geelong vs Collingwood
Essendon vs Melbourne
Brisbane vs Richmond

That would be great for the people who now live in what was the carpark!

Here's the jumper Port Adelaide will be wearing on Saturday!

Magpies1977.jpg

Interesting the Long Sleeves the Footscray Player is wearing, the old Dogs jumper under a new one, looking at the scoreboard I think the Saints must have had a bad day out.:D

It's all crap...you can't blame the clubs!!! How are West Coast/Fremantle/Adelaide supposed to come up with a Heritage Jumper from the seventies!!! They were always going to be clutching at straws, so you can't blame the clubs here! Lets blame Demetriou and co for fun ;):thumbsu:

2008 60s Themed Round

Adelaide: Sturt Guernsey (Most Succesful 60s SANFL Team)
Brisbane: Mayne Guernsey (Most Succesful 60s QAFL Team)
Carlton: Normal Heritage Guernsey
Collingwood: Normal Heritage Guernsey
Essendon: Normal Heritage Guernsey
Fremantle: Swan Districts Guernsey (2nd Most Succesful 60s WAFL Team)
Geelong: Normal Heritage Guernsey
Hawthorn: Normal Heritage Guernsey
Kangaroos: Coorparoo (2nd Most Succesful 60s QAFL Team)
Melbourne: Normal Heritage Guernsey
Port Adelaide: Port Adelaide Guernsey (2nd Most Succesful 60s SANFL Team)
Richmond: Normal Heritage Guernsey
St.Kilda: Normal Heritage Guernsey
Sydney: Western Suburbs Guernsey (Most Succesful AFLS Team)
West Coast: Perth Guernsey (Most Succesful 60s WAFL Team)
Western Bulldogs: Normal Heritage Guernsey

Adelaide vs West Coast
Fremantle vs Sydney
Geelong vs Collingwood
Essendon vs Melbourne
Brisbane vs Richmond

Optus Oval woulnt be hard to play a game at but the Waverly Games can be transfered to Telstra Dome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting the Long Sleeves the Footscray Player is wearing, the old Dogs jumper under a new one, looking at the scoreboard I think the Saints must have had a bad day out.:D

That's the coach Don McKenzie.
He played for them, so it's probably his old jumper he's wearing under the new one.

I agree that the concept is getting tired, but I would be a little annoyed if we got through the concept without a 90s pre-season cup heritage round, would be some beauties in that lot!!:D

Heritage-Round-2007.gif

Not 100% on all of them, but from what's been released so far, they should look like these.

Underwhemling is how I describe them.
Mostly it's teams wearing what they wear every week, with a few controversial ones thrown in.

What's the point if everyone is just gonna wear what they normally wear??

The round should let clubs play in what ever heritage jumper they want, so we would be guaranteed to have clubs playing in strips that are considerably different to what they play now. Having a periodical theme only brings out these controversial jumpers or clubs don't bother at all.

Adelaide - have stuck with their hoop jumper for their short existence, they have no other alternative unfortunatley but to use that "coat of arms" jumper with that logo that no one ever saw before 2004

Brisbane - finally, finally, finally, we get to see the most colorful jumper of all, the TV Fitzroy Jumper, although I heard the red will actually be a light shade of maroon, bollocks

Carlton - as expected, the blocky CFC, thing is that back when they had the woolies, each player's CFC would look slight different to a teamate's CFC, one would be slightly larger, another slightly smaller, the big C was larger on one jumper than another

Collingwood - the true jumper of Collingwood, the white jumper with the black stripe down the middle, not that All Blacks one they wear now

Essendon - i thought they used the narrow sash in the early 70s?

Fremantle - so they get to be East Freo for a day

Geelong - wow

Hawthorn - double wow

Kangaroos - triple wow

Melbourne - quadruple wow

Port Adelaide - Port should be playing in this jumper for every home game

Richmond - see Essendon

St.Kilda - the cross jumper was their best jumper ever

Sydney - as expected

West Coast - don't mind them wearing the WA jumper, atleast its something different

Bulldogs - the ol' Whitten jumper

Heritage-Round-2007.gif

Not 100% on all of them, but from what's been released so far, they should look like these.

Underwhemling is how I describe them.
Mostly it's teams wearing what they wear every week, with a few controversial ones thrown in.

cant wait to see the old fitzroy colors out again

freo's shoudl be claremonts jumped at thats what their heritage is consideirng it was pretty much all the players from there when they formed

Remove this Banner Ad

Heritage Round Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back