Hird hosted meeting, planned program with Dank? - 7:30 on ABC 30 July (video in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

You clearly haven't been following my position.

For the record, do I think Collingwood is on gear? Yes. Do I think everyone is? Absolutely.

If you look at every sport that's had a drug scandal, the same preconditions exist.

1. Huge monetary incentives.
2. Adulation from the public.
3. Scant chance of getting caught.

Those conditions exist in the afl.

You cannot complete if others are on the gear. Testing is next to useless, do you think that clubs and individuals will sit back and watch their competition dominate with little chance of getting caught, that's unlikely.

So I'm not nervous at all, I'm not one that worships at the alter of their team. What I would like to see is vlad, hird, dank, Robinson and everyone else in the know go nuclear and expose the charade so we can all see how sausages are made.

Maybe then we can have a serious discussion about peds rather than the usual, "everyone's using except for my team" garbage.

Oh except for geelong, they just dominated the competition by superior genetics of course.

No, Geelong are obvious cheats!!! Brisbane on the other hand... we're the best team ever and we were clean!!(not really)

Quality post too.

Hmmm....apparently using the term Black Ops now has sinister meaning.. I always wondered what football clubs got up to when they hold closed training sessions - no public allowed. Now I know. Its dem nasty Black ops

Baker and McKenzie known for their unbiased reporting :thumbsu:. They somehow manage to find all this information that ASADA have seized, all while the investigation is going on.

I honestly don't know if you are being sarcastic or not here.

Hmmm....apparently using the term Black Ops now has sinister meaning.. I always wondered what football clubs got up to when they hold closed training sessions - no public allowed. Now I know. Its dem nasty Black ops

You do understand where the term comes from?

It refers to secret and illegal operations carried out by governments/military.

Effectively - breaking the law with full knowledge you are doing so in order to achieve an outcome.

Right, so how many other AFL clubs have had systematic programs where players have necessarily had the wool pulled over their eyes like what seems to have occurred at the Bombers?

That's their down fall, they tried to control it in house. Just set performance targets like skin folds, weight gain etc and let the players go off and do whatever it takes.

You do understand where the term comes from?

It refers to secret and illegal operations carried out by governments/military.

Effectively - breaking the law with full knowledge you are doing so in order to achieve an outcome.

Or even worse a PEGI 18 rated video game......what is the world coming to. So many twists and turns. Actually now you mention it, I am pretty sure it was James Hird running guns for the CIA into Nicuragua. Cant be certain but I do remember some golden haired man muttering the term Black ops to a shady character near a Sandanista stronghold

That's their down fall, they tried to control it in house. Just set performance targets like skin folds, weight gain etc and let the players go off and do whatever it takes.
Are you saying Swan and Heater are clean? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So essentially the developers of the drug informed Essendon it wasn't "legal".

Essendon don't seem to have taken much notice of the information that disagrees with their stance.

How could they possibly be surprised or shocked when they had this information in hand? :rolleyes:

350px-CheckmateProper.jpg

Or even worse a PEGI 18 rated video game......what is the world coming to. So many twists and turns. Actually now you mention it, I am pretty sure it was James Hird running guns for the CIA into Nicuragua. Cant be certain but I do remember some golden haired man muttering the term Black ops to a shady character near a Sandanista stronghold

No, the truth is less glamorous. He's just the coach of an AFL club up to his eyes in a systematic doping scandal.

Exactly. Accusations don't stack up.

Going from memory as of 2011 (not sure now) the afl didn't test for hgh or epo. Around 1000 piss tests were done on game day only and only 30 players were targeted outside of game day. The target testing only consited of two blood tests the rest piss tests. The experts say that you need around a dozen blood tests a year for the first two years to develop a blood passport. Does that sound like a thorough system?

why wouldn't they want to? And surely their supporters will be demanding it in the name of a clean game?

Yeah right
I have been reading here forever and had to register and reply tonight. As an avid pies supporter I hope that our team is clean. But if not, throw the book at them. If our team used drugs to get the 2010 premiership then take it away. I hope that they did not of course, but seriously who would want a tainted flag.

i think it is compelling that everyone is up to something. even if it is not the club wide orchestrated program. but we can stick our head in the sand if we choose

You can stick your head wherever you like. Mines fine where it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird hosted meeting, planned program with Dank? - 7:30 on ABC 30 July (video in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back