Hird to have his say

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not care what he has to say. Damage is done.

So I won't be tuning in.
I just think his timing sucks. Either do this before the verdict, or wait for a while. Your club needs to heal and he doesn't seem to be interested in letting that happen.

I am gonna sue the lawyers and leo cussen, they got the lucre

Can the fans sue the AFL or whoever for indirectly wasting money on activities and salaries where no compensation has been received?

I mean the wages for some of these players that are not playing but still seem to be getting paid ultimately is coming out of the fans pockets are they not and or taxpayers?

Last edited:

I just think his timing sucks. Either do this before the verdict, or wait for a while. Your club needs to heal and he doesn't seem to be interested in letting that happen.
Yeah, wait a while at the very least. It's not the time and it's all too raw.

A nice sob story and telling the members what they want to hear will keep them on side. A lot of people turned on Hird after the verdict, he is not stupid ,he needs to speak now.

Seems pretty clear by now that Hird is about Hird and nobody else. For the club it's best he is quiet, but for him this is a spotlight to use.

A nice sob story and telling the members what they want to hear will keep them on side. A lot of people turned on Hird after the verdict, he is not stupid ,he needs to speak now.

spot on mate PR 101. The masses will get sucked in yet again, anyone with half a brain can see exactly what he is trying to do.

Considering it is Robbo, I am guessing that there will be hard hitting questions like these:

Why did you have a meeting with a convicted drug dealer and PED importer, who was a personal acquaintance of yours and who 'aided' you during your playing career, and discuss peptides during a team camp?

If the players and Bruce Reid knew what they were taking, why do the players and Bruce Reid insist they did not know what what they were taking? Are the players and club doctor lying? If so, do you feel betrayed by the players? And if Bruce Reid is lying, can you explain why he raised concerns about the program and why there is documented evidence that you tried to ensure he did not shut it down.

What did you discuss with the New York pharmacist, who you misleadingly denied meeting when a reporter incorrectly referred to him as a doctor? Was it testosterone cream?

Why do you claim that you were not intimately involved in the drug program when witnesses claim you organized it? And if they are lying, why are there dozens of msgs with you discussing the program and specific substances?

James, a few questions if I may....

You have denied giving the players any banned drugs. However you cannot tell us what you gave the players - so these denials have no basis - please explain?

If the players believed they were taking 'good thymosin' why didn't the players list it on their testing forms, any of the 30 times they were presented with this opportunity ?

As per your guidelines to Dank - the programme must not be harmful to the players, we must have their approval & it must stay within WADA guidelines. With the finding from CAS, will you follow up Dank on this matter, why, why not?

James, a few questions if I may....

You have denied giving the players any banned drugs. However you cannot tell us what you gave the players - so these denials have no basis - please explain?

If the players believed they were taking 'good thymosin' why didn't the players list it on their testing forms, any of the 30 times they were presented with this opportunity ?

As per your guidelines to Dank - the programme must not be harmful to the players, we must have their approval & it must stay within WADA guidelines. With the finding from CAS, will you follow up Dank on this matter, why, why not?

I can answer the first question. James Hird has never stated players were not given banned substances, only that they were not given "illegal" substances. Paul Little also made the same distintion whenever he talked about that the players may or may not have received. An example is from Hird's statement regarding his decision to appeal the Federal Court verdict.

"At no time in the 2012 season did I believe any Essendon player was exposed to any supplement or drug that fell outside the WADA, ASADA or AFL code. Two years since the end of that season I still do not believe any Essendon player took anything illegal. No one has shown me any evidence that would lead me to believe differently."

Note the use of the word illegal but also the clever use of the word exposed to and the term "fell outside the WADA, ASADA or AFL code". Does a banned substamce fall outside the code? Or is it within the code because it is listed on the code? Does AOD fall inside or outside the code given it is covered by S0.

I don't think I have ever heard James Hird say players were not given banned substances or that they only ever received permitted substances. Always uses the term illegal.

Regards

S. Pete

"At no time in the 2012 season did I believe any Essendon player was exposed to any supplement or drug that fell outside the WADA, ASADA or AFL code. Two years since the end of that season I still do not believe any Essendon player took anything illegal. No one has shown me any evidence that would lead me to believe differently."

Follow up question

Is it possible that Stephen Dank may have administered substances to the players, whilst believing they were permissible, were in fact banned? Giving respect to the documentation issues at the club? Why / Why Not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do. Im very interested in his answers

I posted this elsewhere, it really surprises me that he wouldn't go after Dank.

If Dank went rogue he would surely out him good and proper.

If he doesn't and goes the AFL instead then to me it shows that he is scared of what Dank might say.

I know its all irrelevant now but i have always felt these two not spilling anything is a mystery.

I posted this elsewhere, it really surprises me that he wouldn't go after Dank.

If Dank went rogue he would surely out him good and proper.

If he doesn't and goes the AFL instead then to me it shows that he is scared of what Dank might say.

I know its all irrelevant now but i have always felt these two not spilling anything is a mystery.
he wont. he obviously still believes TB4 wasnt used

It's his Armstrong / Oprah moment.

Anyone hear the comment by Robbo on 360 the other night, he said Dimwittio had contacted him and warned him that by supporting Hird he was backing the wrong horse, apparently he told Robbo that he had information that Robbo didn't know about, now I wouldn't trust either of these clowns but it was an interesting comment.

absolutely

even if Hird knew Dank used TB4 why would he go after Dank? That would mean Hird knew and didnt stop it

Sorry, i will explain it better. Hird not going after Dank means, to me, that he knows it was TB-4.

But if he does go after him there could be more to the story.

And your last point i agree with, i think Hird knew, or found out about it, and did nothing.

Sooner or later we will find out, but Dank to me should cop his right whack as well IMO.

Sorry, i will explain it better. Hird not going after Dank means, to me, that he knows it was TB-4.

But if he does go after him there could be more to the story.

And your last point i agree with, i think Hird knew, or found out about it, and did nothing.

Sooner or later we will find out, but Dank to me should cop his right whack as well IMO.
i still think Hird doesnt believe TB4 was used. He has professed the players innocence constantly, and I cannot imagine he is coming out in the media to confess or say he was wrong. Why would he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back