Hird to return to Essendon in August

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is that even with the August 11 court case in play, it is likely that the decision on it will take so long that his return will pass by and still no legal restriction placed upon him.

I certainly don't like the idea...BUT...there is nothing to stop his return.

Which idea don't you like Pazza?

Counting the days till he returns.
He is very much respected and loved by Essendon supporters for his amazing strength and dignity through all the AFL inspired character assassination he has had to endure.
His willingness to overlook his own self interest and take the crap that the AFL dished out to him last year because the club needed him to, is something we will never forget.

Bomber has been fantastic, and he too has our great respect and gratitude, but the return of Hirdy is something we all can't wait for.

And if you don't like it, stiff.

I hope the time comes eventually that he sues the living shite out of all who have falsely maligned him.

Delusion

never a truer word spoken. The parallels are disturbing on many levels
I bought into that 'Golden Boy' image for years. Boy do i feel like a ****wit, at least I ****ing woke up 10 months ago! I was banned on here for a while just for being one of the first Bomber barrackers to slightly question things!

It's pleasant to see that some EFC supporters have a sense of perspective.

My feelings on Hird as coach have nothing much to do with the current situation, which to me is a result of the mindset I talked about.

There was no need for Essendon to throw an untried and limited experience coach in when it decided to support Hird in his move to become coach that I could see. clubs have good years and bad years and so do coaches and Knights in 2010 was not Robinson Crusoe.

The idea that you have a popular uprising and have a bloke installed as coach who isn't ready despite his popularity is questionable at best. In a way I feel it was that move that helped sow the seeds of what has happened since.

I bought into that 'Golden Boy' image for years. Boy do i feel like a *******, at least I ******* woke up 10 months ago! I was banned on here for a while just for being one of the first Bomber barrackers to slightly question things!

Even Finey (SEN evening announcer) has moved out of the Hird camp, which came as a major shock.

My feelings on Hird as coach have nothing much to do with the current situation, which to me is a result of the mindset I talked about.

There was no need for Essendon to throw an untried and limited experience coach in when it decided to support Hird in his move to become coach that I could see. clubs have good years and bad years and so do coaches and Knights in 2010 was not Robinson Crusoe.

The idea that you have a popular uprising and have a bloke installed as coach who isn't ready despite his popularity is questionable at best. In a way I feel it was that move that helped sow the seeds of what has happened since.

Pazza, to me, Hird's recent association with Charters (and others) has me questioning James's historic connection to this man and what they might have been up to when Hird was playing. Has this thought entered your mind?

If we really are going to go that further back to find where it all started, do ponder over these excerpts of an interview, dated 1998.

Does footy's Mr Perfect have a dark side?.

“There are a few things but I think they'd better be kept quiet,” Hird jokes.

I get very agitated when things don't go my way.

I like to succeed and when that doesn't happen, I get a bit edgy.":eek:
http://www.examiner.com.au/story/640078/getting-to-know-the-real-james-hird/

Black ops anyone?:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His willingness to overlook his own self interest

Silliest observation i have ever seen made regarding the way Hird has conducted himself right throughout this saga. EVERYTHING he has done has been totally selfish with no consideration or care about the effect it has upon his club or his players.

It has all been about James.

Yep agree -once the club responded to the 'mob' baying for blood, it set a troubling precedent. And so that untried coach then had to find almost instant success-pressure quite unrealistically on.
And it then follows that 'cutting edge 'devices will be pursued and that one could lose control of the situation.
I get all that, even sympathize a bit.
Its the response of EFC/Hird from that point on that has been disappointing and difficult to fathom.

Last edited:
He is very much respected and loved by Essendon supporters for his amazing strength and dignity through all the AFL inspired character assassination he has had to endure.
His willingness to overlook his own self interest and take the crap that the AFL dished out to him last year because the club needed him to, is something we will never forget.

Bomber has been fantastic, and he too has our great respect and gratitude, but the return of Hirdy is something we all can't wait for.

I hope the time comes eventually that he sues the living shite out of all who have falsely maligned him.
How's the study trip going in France James?

The humility to accept an adverse situation on the chin and never whinge, never complain about persecution, never enter into a verbal slanging match or war using your lawyers, pr people, wife or anyone else has amazed me. I have no doubt that all will be forgiven and and that by the start of 2015 the full golden boy aura will again reign over the AFL and this will all seem like a bad dream.

Either that or you need another visit to the blokes operating opposite the frankston train station who only talk to cars drivers as they go past and only take money for giving helpful instructions on how to find their way back to civilisation.

The club has certain legal obligations too. Noticed you left that little gem out.

I agree with this. Love him or loathe him as an EFC supporter until such a time that he is found to be responsible for overseeing the use of prohibited substances he is going to cost the EFC more than their current court costs to dismiss him even if this is their wish.

Until found guilty of something he is contracted to return after his suspension whether supporters such as Pazza like it or not. Essendon created a rod for their own backs by extending his contract before the ASADA investigation was finished and it seems very likely that this will still be unfinished when his suspension is completed.

I think he will come back as coach (how long he lasts is dependant on the strength of ASADA's case) unless he falls on his sword under the weight of public opinion and his actions to date indicate that there is SFA chance of that happening.

Can your head be in the sand any deeper ? Seriously some people are completely delusional and are so far removed from reality that it's actually scary !

While the standing ovations he'll receive everywhere he goes from Essendon supporters will make me cringe

Nah, you'll love it mate.

I can't help imagining the return of the golden haird boy playing out something like this :D

"Tomorrow Belongs to (Hirdeee)"

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird to return to Essendon in August

Remove this Banner Ad

Back