Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by ok.crows
Back-to-back GF losses will bring out jibes like that every time!

MarkT, hotpie & other Crows knockers, what did you think of that then?

1. Back to back? Ahem.
2. I am not a Crows knocker. I have said all along that they are a very good team. What I did say is that with this lineup they have a window of one or two years to win a flag (a real one not a pretend one), before they need to replace ageing players.
3. The Crows played very well (as I predicted that they would win)
4. I also stated many time that the Crows have taken a big risk on Carey and Burns. If Carey holds up you will win the flag this year. If not you will go backwards.
5. MarkT, myself and many other Pies fans also have been saying all summer that we regret not picking up a ruckman. This will be our achilles heel this year

Congratulations on winning the Wizzer. Now to the real stuff.

Originally posted by Crow54
Yes, but it's the tone of the post :D We didn't win, Collingwood LOST. Not quite the way I saw it.

That's the WHOLE point of the "colliwobbles" concept.

You can't have it both ways.

I realise, as I edit this post that Crow54 didn't actually mention the "colliwobbles" .... so take this as being directed at Crow fans generally who think they know so much about football culture that they can bandy this "colliwobbles" word about after beating Collingwood. By doing so, you merely diminish your own team's achievement.

"Colliwobbles" means that Collingwood got the wobbles and lost. If that's what happened, then there is NO credit at all to be had for winning. NONE WHATSOEVER. It means that we defeated ourselves. We would have lost if we'd been playing the Manangatang Thirds.

On the other hand, we might have lost because we played a better side on the night. In that case all the credit goes to the Crows ... and there is NO SHAME at all to Collingwood ... and no valid reason to bring up the "colliwobbles" concept.

Make up your mind, Crow supporters.

Would you rather be able to say that you won because you were the better side on the night .... or because your opposition got the wobbles and handed it to you.

Your choice ... but you can't have both.

Originally posted by ok.crows
Back-to-back GF losses will bring out jibes like that every time!

MarkT, hotpie & other Crows knockers, what did you think of that then?

Hey Mate , You said it was return of the Colliwobbles... I never knew they went away;)

Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Originally posted by Freo Hitman
Hey Maten , You said it was return of the Colliwobbles... I never knew they went away;)

Now its getting funny. We can cop it from anybody else, but to have our finals record (practise match final at that!!!) criticised by a Freo supporter is just dead set hilarious.

heard it all

My life is complete, I have finally seen the most idiotic post of all time. A Freo supporter giving it to us over finals performances.

Here is a question for all big footy posters. Who are the only teams who have never played AFL finals footy in any form?

University and the Fremantle Football Club. Illustrious company that. For the WA fans who have never heard of Uni, the folded due to poor performance.

Give me a wobble any day v your pathetic history.

Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Originally posted by hotpie
Now its getting funny. We can cop it from anybody else, but to have our finals record (practise match final at that!!!) criticised by a Freo supporter is just dead set hilarious.

Makes perfect sense to me ... Freo must be the only club in existence with an unbeaten record in finals matches.

WHAT A CLUB ... That's it ! ... I'm giving up supporting the Wobbles ... I'm off to Perth right now ... to support a club that will NEVER give me the disappointment of losing a final.

At least we didnt give Port Adelaide their FIRST finals victory in the AFL. That honour went to Essendon. Or Losing to Carlton in a Prelim when you are the HOT HOT favourites. That certainly sounds wobbly to me.

Full credit to the Crows as they played the better football on the night. They seem to have some good middle tier players who have stepped up. The return match will be good.

All in all it was a good pre season as we didnt get any major injuries, didn't have to travel all around Australia and picked up a few handy players namely Shaw (has been around but showed some good signs) and Lokan who will add depth during the season.

jlc

Hey Mate , You said it was return of the Colliwobbles... I never knew they went away;)

Freo dont have any wobbles to worry about cause they are s*** all year round.

Or are the Freo wobbles when a team applies physical pressure to fremantle players and the coach starts sooking.

jlc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At Freo when they mention the word "wobbles" they are referring to Connolly's gut whenever he breaks out into a trot.

Originally posted by hotpie
[B
2. I am not a Crows knocker. I have said all along that they are a very good team. What I did say is that with this lineup they have a window of one or two years to win a flag (a real one not a pretend one), before they need to replace ageing players.
3. The Crows played very well (as I predicted that they would win)
4. I also stated many time that the Crows have taken a big risk on Carey and Burns. If Carey holds up you will win the flag this year. If not you will go backwards.

Congratulations on winning the Wizzer. Now to the real stuff. [/B]

2 & 3. Thank you.

As for the aging players, Bickley, Smart and Clarke are the real concerns. Hart, Roo, McLeod and Stevens have a while to go yet.

We have plenty of young talent on the list, many of our young up and comers played last night. Our midfield depth is quite solid. Key possie players - a couple of rukmen and a key defender would be handy additions for 2004.

4. We won the first three games of the Wiz Cup without Carey.

Surely that should prove we are not a one man team. We also have a back up full forward in Hentschel. The idea that we havent recruited for the future (as alluded to by Malthouse) is rubbish.

Jerome

Re: heard it all

Originally posted by morgoth
My life is complete, I have finally seen the most idiotic post of all time. A Freo supporter giving it to us over finals performances.

Here is a question for all big footy posters. Who are the only teams who have never played AFL finals footy in any form?

University and the Fremantle Football Club. Illustrious company that. For the WA fans who have never heard of Uni, the folded due to poor performance.

Give me a wobble any day v your pathetic history.

How do you know about my knowledge of Australian ???
Do you know your knowledge ???
Fremantle has quite a rich football heritage which is yet to transgress into AFL level. .The Original Fremantle Football Club dominated the then WAFA level winning something like 11 premeirships in 15 years , the club then split to form SouthFreo & East Freo . South Freo have claimed 11 flags & East Freo sopmthing like 30 - Combine them 3 teamstogether you have quite a great history. Another thing if the AFL didnt get rid of zonesFRremantle would by far have the recruitment zone in all of Australia - Go through the AFL lists and just check out just how many Fremantle originated players there are floating around ;)

I think I will stick with my pathetic history over your wobbles anyday !!

Originally posted by Jerome
2 & 3. Thank you.

As for the aging players, Bickley, Smart and Clarke are the real concerns. Hart, Roo, McLeod and Stevens have a while to go yet.

We have plenty of young talent on the list, many of our young up and comers played last night. Our midfield depth is quite solid. Key possie players - a couple of rukmen and a key defender would be handy additions for 2004.

4. We won the first three games of the Wiz Cup without Carey.

Surely that should prove we are not a one man team. We also have a back up full forward in Hentschel. The idea that we havent recruited for the future (as alluded to by Malthouse) is rubbish.

Jerome

Absolutely correct Jerome.

Hotpie has been on this nonsense kick for some time now.

In the Wizard Cup final, the Crows played Mattner, Reilly & Johnco(k - all of who had debut AFL games last year, and only Johnco(k would be ineligible for a rising star this year. During the Wizard cup games, the Crows also played Bock & Rutten, both of whom perhaps have a way to go yet but may get games this year.

Those five players alone are almost enough to cover for Crows potential retirements for the next five years.

Waiting in the wings behind that lot are Hentschel & Schuback and quite a few others. The Crows have the best stock of younger players trying to make it into the side that they have had for many a year, in fact probably their best ever. Viable & promising young players extend to quite a long way down the list.

I keep telling people this but it appears that some just don't want to hear it.

Re: Re: heard it all

How do you know about my knowledge of Australian ???
Do you know your knowledge ???
Fremantle has quite a rich football heritage which is yet to transgress into AFL level. .The Original Fremantle Football Club dominated the then WAFA level winning something like 11 premeirships in 15 years , the club then split to form SouthFreo & East Freo . South Freo have claimed 11 flags & East Freo sopmthing like 30 - Combine them 3 teamstogether you have quite a great history. Another thing if the AFL didnt get rid of zonesFRremantle would by far have the recruitment zone in all of Australia - Go through the AFL lists and just check out just how many Fremantle originated players there are floating around ;)

I think I will stick with my pathetic history over your wobbles anyday !!

1. At least you recognise your history is pathetic

2. We wouldnt want you as a Collingwood supporter.

JLC

Originally posted by JLC
Freo dont have any wobbles to worry about cause they are s*** all year round.

Or are the Freo wobbles when a team applies physical pressure to fremantle players and the coach starts sooking.

jlc

Here we go , a typical Collingwood supportter pointed his finger else where to try and get the heat of hmself after yet another ColliWobble performance

Re: Re: Re: heard it all

Originally posted by JLC
1. At least you recognise your history is pathetic

2. We wouldnt want you as a Collingwood supporter.

JLC
1. I'll stick with my club
2. I am educated so I wont fit in with Collingwood supportters

Last year in the grand final we hardly disgraced ourselves. Losing by less that 10 points to a team that many thought were unbeatable?? Hardly sounds wobbly to me.

Last night was not a good performance but full credit should go to the crows as they played good footy. Referring to us wobbling is taking a bit of the credit away from Adelaide.

Anyway Fremantle now have the opportunity to show Collingwood how its done when you play Adelaide in round one. We will watch Freo and learn from you guys....lmao

jlc

Re: Re: Re: Re: heard it all

1. I'll stick with my club
2. I am educated so I wont fit in with Collingwood supportters

Education no longer includes spelling?

jlc

Originally posted by JLC
Last year in the grand final we hardly disgraced ourselves. Losing by less that 10 points to a team that many thought were unbeatable?? Hardly sounds wobbly to me.

Last night was not a good performance but full credit should go to the crows as they played good footy. Referring to us wobbling is taking a bit of the credit away from Adelaide.

Anyway Fremantle now have the opportunity to show Collingwood how its done when you play Adelaide in round one. We will watch Freo and learn from you guys....lmao

jlc

1. I didnt say Colliwobble discraced themselves , The Wobbles were just true to form

2. Yes Adelaide did play well, so that can just gloss over the situation

3. What are we gonna show Collingwood in Rnd 1??? One thing is the meaning of travel .. I dont know about winning but you never know ;)

2 games a year

It must be hard for Freo only having two games a year where the opposition lookd forward to playing you; and lets face it that is cos they don't have to travel. Freo pathetic on and off the field. How much money have you lost again? Must be hard in a 2 horse town to attract supporters and sponsors?

LMFAO over this! Freo have won nothing, thats right nothing!!!!! No club in the AFL has a worse record. But we wobble so the shmae of it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back