Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows did a good job of beating Collingwood Saturday Night. Bugger for me though. I tipped Collingwood to win:(

Originally posted by JLC
Last year in the grand final we hardly disgraced ourselves. Losing by less that 10 points to a team that many thought were unbeatable?? Hardly sounds wobbly to me.

jlc

But, the Lions were unbeatable that day, because you DID lose - what were the headlines ??? Oh, yes

Collingwood Played Wonderfully Well

and, oh yeh, the Lions won the premiership by 9 points

What will Eddie's excuse be this time???

Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Originally posted by Jars458
You are an embarrassment to all fair minded Crows supporters.

Win with some dignity mate.

Cheers Jars.

Originally posted by Dr.Grouse
What?

You mean from cheap-shot merchants with no lives?

Yeah ... you're probably right.

Bugger.

Now you know what it was like for us around 2000 after a loss. Collingwood fans deserve it all after what I saw back then.

You are an embarrassment to all fair minded Crows supporters.

Win with some dignity mate.

Oii, a bit harsh there Jars458!

All I said was that the result of the Wizard Wok final would bring out "Colliwobble" jibes, and that it certainly has! Unjustified Jibes to be sure, and not ones that I made myself, but they are coming out no question!

Where is there anything to be embarassed about in there Jars458?

What do you have some sort of weird blushing bride syndrome or something?

PS: - Now IF I had written something like this:

Collingwood - saviours of the AFL
A power.
A force.
A team by all meanings of the word.
Side by side they DO stick together.
If it wasn't for Collingwood - where would the AFL be?
We saved the finals series last year.
We've saved the Wizz Fizz Cup this year.
We are almighty.
We are champions.

Jen

Well, then perhaps you could justifiably call me out for writing something embarassing.

Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Originally posted by ok.crows
Oii, a bit harsh there Jars458!

All I said was that the result of the Wizard Wok final would bring out "Colliwobble" jibes, and that it certainly has! Unjustified Jibes to be sure, and not ones that I made myself, but they are coming out no question!

Where is there anything to be embarassed about in there Jars458?

What do you have some sort of weird blushing bride syndrome or something?

You started the thread on colliwobbles and are now saying the jibes are unjustified - give me a break.

My criticism of Collingwood supporters in the past has been that they can't win with dignity.

Comments such as yours, lack dignity

To me, thats embarrasing.

Enjoy our win - don't revel in the opponents loss in a meaningless pre-season game.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

You started the thread on colliwobbles and are now saying the jibes are unjustified - give me a break.

My criticism of Collingwood supporters in the past has been that they can't win with dignity.

Enjoy our win - don't revel in the opponents loss in a meaningless pre-season game.

About time a Crows fan wasn't gloatful. I said before, it hurt no more than to lose a home and away match. It was incomparable to the pain of 6 months ago. Good to see some perspective.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Lecture, lecture, preach!

I did enjoy the win, and I myself have made no comment that any jibes should be due to Collingwood, but I do note that certainly some will come their way.

Look at Jens post that I have now put (edited) above - this was what they were like before the final. Then there was MarkT & co in every mention of likely "contenders" for this year studiously avoiding including the Crows.

And there were others saying things akin to "Crows will get smashed".

Against that sort of pre-match behaviour, I post "You are in for some jibes now, Pies fans" - and it is all my fault somehow? I'm embarrasing?

Pfft.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Originally posted by daicos4ever
About time a Crows fan wasn't gloatful. I said before, it hurt no more than to lose a home and away match. It was incomparable to the pain of 6 months ago. Good to see some perspective.

How is it gloatful to observe that Pies were sure to in for some criticism now?

How is making such an observation in any way lack of perspective on a preseason game compared to the ramblings from some Pies fans prior to the match?

Re: how dumb

Originally posted by morgoth
Gee Don fans are so smart. Lets see we are claiming victory for Port beating you are we. Hmmm why then are you so over the moon about Adelaide beating us? At least show some consistency in your arguments.
Clown, im not claiming that Essendon beat Collingwood on Saturday night am I? Thats what we were laughing at. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

How is it gloatful to observe that Pies were sure to in for some criticism now?

How is making such an observation in any way lack of perspective on a preseason game compared to the ramblings from some Pies fans prior to the match?

You named me personally. Please quote these so called ramblings of mine about the game.

Otherwise show some dignity and keep your trap shut like some of your fellow supporters have already suggested.

Originally posted by Bjay
But, the Lions were unbeatable that day, because you DID lose - what were the headlines ??? Oh, yes

Collingwood Played Wonderfully Well

and, oh yeh, the Lions won the premiership by 9 points

What will Eddie's excuse be this time???

I hope you aint a wannabe Fitzroy supporter. Because FITZROY ARE DEAD AND BURIED. Its funny how the Fitzroy supporters come crawling out of the woodwork when the Lions have a bit of success.

Eddie never offered any excuses. Not many grand finals have been decided by less than 2 goals in the last decade now have they ??

jlc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Originally posted by hotpie
You named me personally. Please quote these so called ramblings of mine about the game.

Otherwise show some dignity and keep your trap shut like some of your fellow supporters have already suggested.

I did make a wrong attribution there I must admit, as you were not amongst the "Crows are duds, going to get smashed in this game" crowd.

You are in the "Crows have no young players coming through and are surely due for a huge slide in a year or two" crowd.

Tell you what, you show some dignity as well & keep your trap shut over your nonsense ideas and we have a deal.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

You are in the "Crows have no young players coming through and are surely due for a huge slide in a year or two" crowd.

Tell you what, you show some dignity as well & keep your trap shut over your nonsense ideas and we have a deal.

I have made far more critical comments about Collingwoods playing list than I have about the Crows. I am even handed about my opinions.

You on the other hand are a troll.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Originally posted by hotpie
I have made far more critical comments about Collingwoods playing list than I have about the Crows. I am even handed about my opinions.

You on the other hand are a troll.

A troll by your definition would be someone who bags opposition in order to stir up other posters maybe?

So where have I bagged Collingwood?

And where have Pies fans in general not been embarrasingly over-confident before this match, and full of bagging of Adelaide?

If Adelaide are so shi. te (going according to Pies fans) then does that not mean that the Collingwood team with their performance & Eddie with his pre-match "we are ready, get that other mob's song off" stuff before the match ended up effectively trolling Collingwood far better than I could?

I don't need to troll, and I have not done so.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Then there was MarkT & co in every mention of likely "contenders" for this year studiously avoiding including the Crows.

And there were others saying things akin to "Crows will get smashed".

Against that sort of pre-match behaviour, I post "You are in for some jibes now, Pies fans" - and it is all my fault somehow? I'm embarrasing?
WHAT??
I have consistently said Brisbane is the team to beat and Collingwood, Port and Adelaide are the ones with the best chance to do it.

As for the rest of the stuff you wrote, all I can say is Collingwood supporters on here have consistently said it is pre season, it would be nice to win but it isn't the main game. I have seen no real "Crows will get smashed". There may have been some clearly tongue in cheek stuff but nothing any other Crow supporters seem to have found offensive. In fact there was far more pre game hype by Crows fans than from Collingwood fans.

Originally posted by MarkT
WHAT??
I have consistently said Brisbane is the team to beat and Collingwood, Port and Adelaide are the ones with the best chance to do it.

As for the rest of the stuff you wrote, all I can say is Collingwood supporters on here have consistently said it is pre season, it would be nice to win but it isn't the main game. I have seen no real "Crows will get smashed". There may have been some clearly tongue in cheek stuff but nothing any other Crow supporters seem to have found offensive. In fact there was far more pre game hype by Crows fans than from Collingwood fans.

Perhaps I'm getting confused between what was said on which message board, but in general my impression was that Pies fans were expecting a five goal plus win for themselves & Eddie to be gloating next Thursday over finally having a cup in the cabinet earned during his tenure at the club.

Originally posted by MarkT

Love it!. Yes "clearly tongue-in-cheek" in hindsight.

:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Perhaps I'm getting confused between what was said on which message board, but in general my impression was that Pies fans were expecting a five goal plus win for themselves & Eddie to be gloating next Thursday over finally having a cup in the cabinet earned during his tenure at the club.

Find these quotes, especially the "Eddie needs a Premiership Cup" quotes. I'd like to read them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

A troll by your definition would be someone who bags opposition in order to stir up other posters maybe?

So where have I bagged Collingwood?

The heading of this thread is a good example.
The fact that even Crows supporters are asking you to pull your head in is another.

Originally posted by Tio_Ray
we own you people...the LESSOR teams

The lessor teams? Does that make Collingwood the lessee? I say we terminate that lease immediately (by sixty days written notice, of course).

Can't be bothered.

How about you or hotpie find where I bagged Pies, or posted a troll.

OK Crows puts the pedal to the metal, and backs out of the driveway at full speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back