Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Originally posted by ok.crows
Absolutely correct Jerome.

Hotpie has been on this nonsense kick for some time now.

In the Wizard Cup final, the Crows played Mattner, Reilly & Johnco(k - all of who had debut AFL games last year, and only Johnco(k would be ineligible for a rising star this year. During the Wizard cup games, the Crows also played Bock & Rutten, both of whom perhaps have a way to go yet but may get games this year.

Those five players alone are almost enough to cover for Crows potential retirements for the next five years.

I may be wrong, but please don't let the Wizard Cup be a guide as to whether a player is going to make the grade!!!

Originally posted by Crow54
Yes, but it's the tone of the post :D We didn't win, Collingwood LOST. Not quite the way I saw it.

I dont know what tone your crappy on about buddy! What I said is what i ment! There was NO hidden meaning! Dumbass!

IF I was going to say "you didn't win, we lost" I would have just said it!

And I will say it again! congrats on the win crows! I hope the TEAM enjoys the win. they played better on the night than we did! As goes for some of their supporters, I hope they do us all a favour and go play chicken with a train!

Originally posted by Freo Hitman
1. I didnt say Colliwobble discraced themselves , The Wobbles were just true to form

2. Yes Adelaide did play well, so that can just gloss over the situation

3. What are we gonna show Collingwood in Rnd 1??? One thing is the meaning of travel .. I dont know about winning but you never know ;)

We travelled last year in the finals and won. Not many Melbourne clubs have achieved this feat. Hawthorn beat WCE and thats about it really.

Freo are the worst travellers in the AFL. So you wont be teaching us much there......lmao lmao

jlc

So we lose the Wizard Cup GF and we are the wrath of all supporters as usual.

If we had lost to Carlton in the first round the term "Colliwobbles" wouldn't have even been brought up. Would that have been a more dignified exit?

Doesn't make sense does it???

tie me kangaroo down sport ... tie me kangaroo down ...

*wobble ... wobble ... wobble*

tie me kangaroo down sport ... tie me kangaroo down.

*wobble*

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Originally posted by hotpie
I may be wrong, but please don't let the Wizard Cup be a guide as to whether a player is going to make the grade!!!

Fair enough, but the point is that you have been told over & over that the current crop of emerging players trying to break into the Crows side are better by quite a way than any other group in previous years for the Crows.

I think it is quite possible that the Crows are better off in the "emerging players" area than Collingwood are.

As a very minor illustration, I fell that Mattner & Reilly were two that looked very promising for the Crows, whereas despite the much-hyped Collingwood youth I thought that Rhyce Shaw was the only Collingwood player who would be eligible for the Rising Star to show potential quality.

get over the wobble, wobble ****, Topdon......

I'm sure you took a very dim view of the Collingwood victory over Port Adelaide in 2002 Qualifying Final.

Didn't Collingwood last year "kill 2 birds with 1 stone"

and didn't the Mighty Bombers "count their chickens before they'd hatched".

Heard from numerous Bomber fans in the lead up to the finals, "Oh, we'll beat you in week 2 and you'll be out in straight sets".

Your finish to 2002 will be remembered forever as the game that the Power broke their finals "duck".

wobble, wobble indeed

Originally posted by dogga16
get over the wobble, wobble ****, Topdon......

I'm sure you took a very dim view of the Collingwood victory over Port Adelaide in 2002 Qualifying Final.

Didn't Collingwood last year "kill 2 birds with 1 stone"

and didn't the Mighty Bombers "count their chickens before they'd hatched".

Heard from numerous Bomber fans in the lead up to the finals, "Oh, we'll beat you in week 2 and you'll be out in straight sets".

Your finish to 2002 will be remembered forever as the game that the Power broke their finals "duck".

wobble, wobble indeed

Gee Collingwood fans are unbelievable, how can you take credit for Port beating us? LMAO. Port beat us NOT Collingwood...
Oh you lot just get funnier and funnier.

We are oh so hopless that we could beat Port over there.

And you guys couldn't get close.

Oh the humour of it all.

Newest AFL Joke - Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should warn supporters of both sides that your teams have now officially peaked too early and have no chance of making the grand final, as they took the preseason too seriously when it doesn't mean anything.

I should also point out that Collingwood losing makes them still worthy of scorn, despite the Wiz Cup being meaningless, as mentioned earlier.

Originally posted by Lorelei
We are oh so hopless that we could beat Port over there.

And you guys couldn't get close.

Oh the humour of it all.

Newest AFL Joke - Essendon

u couldnt even get close to making the finals for the last 10 years so whats your point?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Originally posted by hotpie
Thats the thing we do not use Wizard Cup as a guide.

*I think you will agree that Reilly is a star in the making. As a junior he was compared to the likes of Nigel Lappin and Adam Ramanauskas. He has the poise, skills and courage to make it. Still only 19 yo.

*Mattner is a 187 cm utility that will most probably be played as a tagger in the next couple of years. His toughness is second to none and his tackling is as good as anyones. Last year in that thriller at Geelong he laid 12 tackles. He can find the hard footy and negates his man well. 20yo

* Doughty played all of 25 games last year and has what it takes to play consistenly well at AFL level. 23yo

*Johncoc k is another to play all games last year and many have said that he is a Byron Pickett clone. Here is a steal of the 2000 draft taken at pick 67. 20yo

* Matthew Bode, you saw how good he is last night. 23 yo

*Ken McGregor is only 22 and has played 50+ AFL games. He has improved a lot in 2002 and looks like he is set for another year of improvement. He did shut down Rocca last night.

* Tyson Stenglein is 22 and is already one of the best taggers in the AFL. Looks like becoming a very good centreman who clears the ball consistently.

* James Gallagher is another very neat player capable of playing on the wing up forward or onball. Had an injury interupted year last year but is a very quick and skillful player. 22 yo.

* Ian Perrie seems to be improving. 23 yo

*Ben Rutten will take time. 192 cm 96kg KPP who finished 3rd in the West Adelaide B&F (SANFL Seniors) and was selected in the SANFL team of the year. Still 19 yo

*Luke Jericho is 190cm 84kg Utility in the mould of Brett Burton. Has a much better football brain than Brett Burton. Enormous leap and great overhead grab. Still only 18yo

*Trent Hentschel is recently tured 20 yo key forward with beautiful skill level and great overhead mark. He is very quick and mobile and can take a screamer regularly. AFC have great wraps on him and has alredy been compared to Tony Modra. Enough said.

*Jacob Schuback is a 19 yo onballer/forward who is also capable of playing as a defender. Really has huge wraps on him and is a stel of the 2001 draft taken at pick 59. Similar sort of player to bode but has a much better disposal and a thumping left foot kick similar to Simon Goodwin's. Was set to play in the Wizard Cup but injured his ankle and will miss another couple of weeks.

*Chris Ladhams is 22 and you saw for the second half last year and during the Wizard cup what he can do. Ask anyone at Essendon and they are dirty that he has left them to join the Crows in 2001.

*Nathan Bock is a tall utility (193 cm 82kg) who has more development to do. He will be a very good player in the future. Still only 19.

Rutten, Bock and Mattner were on our Rookie list last year. Before doing th Carey trade our recruiting group spoke to every other club's recruiting group as to where these 3 guys would go in 2002 draft. All of the clubs who have followed SANFL footy last year and have said that 2 of them would have gone in the first round and one of them in the 2nd. I know we gave up Wells for Carey and we only picked 1 yo in the draft but add to that these 3 fellas and you could see the reasoning behind our trade for Carey.

P.S. We also seemed to have uncovered a very good FB in Aidan Parker (20yo) from Subiaco who we have selected to our rookie list. He is the first non SA player that was selected to our rookie list in the history of the club. An athletic type who is 193cm and 90kg. He needs to add a bit of rebound to his game which he seems to be improving in.

All we need is a quality young ruckman to add to the list.

So after all it is not as bleak as some of you believe.

Cheers;)

P.S. sorry its long but I had to get my point accross on this topic once and for all.

how dumb

Gee Don fans are so smart. Lets see we are claiming victory for Port beating you are we. Hmmm why then are you so over the moon about Adelaide beating us? At least show some consistency in your arguments.

Well done Crows on a fine win over determined opposition-too good.

Just a technical point for the Adelaide boys-I think the term Colliwobbles was coined in the early 1970's and refers to the Pies habit of finishing right up the top of the ladder and them failing miserably in their finals games, not even making the granny. It was a specific jibe at the contrast between our gorilla-like H&A form and our easybeat status in September.

Of course from 77-81 we played in a bunch of GF's and failed to win one, so the term sort of migrated over, but really it is not quite right. Those sides were terribly gutsy and made GF's they probably shouldn't have, so the term Colliwobbles wasn't that applicable (or its meaning had changed radically).

Being beaten by a better opponent does not, to me constitute a case of the Colliwobbles. However language does evolve (or in the case of Essendon speakers, devolve), so perhaps there is a new meaning for Colliwobbles I was not previously aware of.

As for beating Essendon in 1990. well its hardly fair to bring that up. We all know what happens when Bombers face a real opponent like Collingwood or Brisbane. I tell you I haven't seen so many handbags dropped on the MCG in my life. Talk about soft....but never mind, its ancient history, just like the Colliwobbles.

Impressive win by the Crows, theyve gone up a few places on my projected ladder after the weekend. Their midfield was just too slick and we had too many down players. I dunno what the go was with our midget forward line setup either. (Must have been because of Josh being off)

The Crows don't seem to have lost much in the midfield and their forward line with Welsh, Carey (if fit) and Stevens along with Perrie finally looks like complementing their star midfield.

ok.crows stick to winning the pre-season games pal, we'll continue to knock you out of the finals when it counts.

Great to see all the Bombers fans taking an interest in this thread, spose its the closest you'll get to talking about Grand Finals for a while though with such a dud list currently.

Back-to-back GF losses will bring out jibes like that every time!

MarkT, hotpie & other Crows knockers, what did you think of that then?
It was a good display by the Crows. They outplayed Collingwood for 75% of the game. The game was predominantly decided in the ruck. Until Collingwood get a ruckman we will struggle to win important games against teams with good midfields and good rucks.

Carey added something when he came on. Didn’t do a great deal but provided another option. McLeod is a champ. You don’t keep getting BOG in GF’s for no reason.

I don’t think I’ve been a Crows knocker as much as not accepting the ridiculous claims of the Crows being supreme by some OTP fans on here. I underestimated the Crows at the start of last season for sure. They are a good side. I have them in my top 4.

While it’s always disappointing to lose, I’d have to be pretty happy with the pre season. We go into the year much better equipped than last year. We still have a lot of upside in the majority of our list and we’ll be a better side in 6 months. Collingwood’s form against ordinary opposition was also exposed. They have won well but against limited opposition in the previous 3 weeks. The more intense game will be a useful tune up for round 1.

From you own perspective I would have though you’d rather focus on beating Collingwood than Collingwood losing the game for extraneous reasons. If I went by your reasoning I’d say the Crows weren’t much chop but that would be selling them short.
Fair enough, but the point is that you have been told over & over that the current crop of emerging players trying to break into the Crows side are better by quite a way than any other group in previous years for the Crows.

I think it is quite possible that the Crows are better off in the "emerging players" area than Collingwood are.

As a very minor illustration, I fell that Mattner & Reilly were two that looked very promising for the Crows, whereas despite the much-hyped Collingwood youth I thought that Rhyce Shaw was the only Collingwood player who would be eligible for the Rising Star to show potential quality.
Collingwood's emerging players already got them to a day and a night GF. They emerged last year in the seniors and are improving rapidly. They are already in the top 4. Crows have some good young players but their wins are generally the result of senior player’s dominance.

Originally posted by Freo Hitman Hey Mate , You said it was return of the Colliwobbles... I never knew they went away;)
Originally posted by Freo Hitman I think I will stick with my pathetic history over your wobbles anyday !!
Very good. One day you may have an opportunity to wobble. Right now you've never even been remotely close enough to being good enough to have a chance to fail.
Originally posted by topdon
tie me kangaroo down sport ... tie me kangaroo down ...

*wobble ... wobble ... wobble*

tie me kangaroo down sport ... tie me kangaroo down.

*wobble*
Mama Cass calling the ham sandwich a blocker.

Originally posted by Porthos
I should warn supporters of both sides that your teams have now officially peaked too early and have no chance of making the grand final, as they took the preseason too seriously when it doesn't mean anything.

I should also point out that Collingwood losing makes them still worthy of scorn, despite the Wiz Cup being meaningless, as mentioned earlier.
Nah, we were just turnin' up and havin' a kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Historic occassion - return of the Colliwobbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back