Hogan injury - anyone got info?

Remove this Banner Ad

corio bay

All Australian
Feb 18, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/geelongnews/newsarticle/tabid/3933/newsid/88474/default.aspx

anyone got info on this? i dont recall hearing about it anywhere else.

i like what ive seen from hogan so far, think he should be on track to play more games this year - so it would be very disappointing if this injury keeps him from developing

I read that it was a minor disc bulge caused by a weights session, and was only a short term layoff type injury - no surgical intervention required.

Having had a back injury myself, I'm worried about this one! While Hogan is considerably younger than me, bulging discs don't really heal, but need to be managed. Core strength is vital. Swimming is excellent (hence the Pier to Pub), but the actions and impacts of match football can be dangerous for aggravating lumbar injuries.

If it's only a minor buldge there are no concerns for mind, it may re-occur but can be managed.
If it was a slipped disc or something like that more of a concern, minor ones can be massaged back in without issue.
It will affect his weight training short term, but with the medico's on staff it shouldn't be a massive concern imo.

Having had a back injury myself, I'm worried about this one! While Hogan is considerably younger than me, bulging discs don't really heal, but need to be managed. Core strength is vital. Swimming is excellent (hence the Pier to Pub), but the actions and impacts of match football can be dangerous for aggravating lumbar injuries.

They do heal but it depends how it's caused. If you get a bulged disk from being overweight, poor posture or lack of core strength. Until the underlying issues are fixed it's not going to go away.

But with Hogan, he's got none of those issues and it's just a matter of a bit of rest and fixing his technique/ not biting off more than he can chew in the weights room.

Wouldn't expect him to gain much weight this off season though which is a shame. He needs another 3-4 kgs

I watched the Dogs V Cats final on 7two and I thought to myself that young Hogan was stiff to miss out on the GF. If fit he will cause Varcoe and Stokes some real concerns. He will only get better.

Reported in the Addy this morning that Hogan was third amongst the Cats players in the Pier to Pub, behind Wojo and Selwood (who looks huge now). So i'd say whatever his injury worries were, they'd be pretty much behind him now.

Yeah I saw him down at the P2P and he looked pretty much unhindered to me. I'd say he has been restricted to swimming for a while, it should just be a matter of managing his weights program.

Selwood is freaking massive btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan injury - anyone got info?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back