Hogan worth

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Need Hogan to request the trade. His silence is deafening.
Spot on.

Terry Wallace is saying Jesse wont come to us next year because we pulled out this year. As if we didn't make it clear that we would only do this for the right price. An actual trade request would have helped our cause. He hedged his bet by not lodging an official request so can't complain in that space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two first rounders for Hogan ( 5+6??) is way too much and reeks of those cringeworthy Croad/Tarrant/Carr deals from yesteryear. We’re better off erring on the side of caution and using the picks ourselves. (Unless of course Melb actually start to deal.)

Everyone needs to calm down....

Wouldn't be suprised if this still gets done. All Belly said was we aren't going to continue our due diligence based on what Melbourne want.

This is super sensible. The guy is a medical risk no matter how you look at it and with that risk has to come a discount. If he had no navicular issue and no cancer history he is worth two first rounders every day of the week, but Melbourne are kidding themselves if they think he is worth that premium.
It would be awesome to see him in purple and I have been as pissed off as anyone in the past about being gun shy on trading for need, but I am happy with this.

And I'm not kidding.

5 + 11 is absolutely overs in the first place, then you consider his foot injury and it becomes massive overs.
I reckon 5 & 11 is pretty close to right for a fully fit Hogan. Freo know they are not getting fully fit Hogan. Melbourne's request meant Freo would take on all the risk and Freo are right to walk away if they feel the risk is too great. If Hogan comes out next year and plays an absolute blinder of a season he is still going to be worth two first rounders, if he sits the season out with continual injuries he will probably be worth a second round pick.

I think this is great. Melb came out all guns blazing and assumed we'd just bend over. I was happy to get Hogan for a fair price but what they were asking was extreme.

Hogan wasn't going to take us to a gf next year so get some more quality kids and have get him as a free agent in 2 yrs!!

Then we will see premiership glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan worth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back