Hogan worth

Remove this Banner Ad

As we know, Lachie is the leading possession-winner in the AFL over the last five years. This is where Jesse ranks in goalkicking over the past four years:

JJK: 274
Buddy: 258
Bruno: 226
Betts: 222
Hawkins: 212
Cameron: 207
Jenkins: 199
BBB: 197
Roughead: 197
Bruest: 186
Tex: 186
Gunston: 178
Tom Lynch: 173
Stringer: 152
Hogan: 152
Daniher: 150
LeCras: 147
Dixon: 146
Wingard: 137
Bruce: 128
Membrey: 125
Waite: 125
Sonny: 124
The other Tom Lynch: 121

In other words, his output has been somewhere in the range of Jake Stringer, Mark LeCras and Charlie Dixon. Yet Melbourne carries on as if he's this irreplaceable (yet perversely tradeable) freakish once-in-a-generation talent - he's averaged six goals a year more than Josh bloody Bruce. Shouldn't budge on pick 5 unless it's only pick 5, and even then...
What a distorted use of stats

Do a quick review of first 4 years playing and he's may be top Of list a quick fact check has him ahead of your top 5 , the "range" you have him in he slaughters .

Throw in playing with cellar dwellers fine output .

Add the leading goalscorers for Freo past 4 years doesn't get close it's 122 vs his 152 but does beat the "other Tom Lynch" by 1 .

Your leading goal scorer 3 of last 4 years totalled 46 goals first 4 years playing vs Hogans 152 . Unfair and distorted comparison but stats are often just that .

I'm not having a poke , hard to do being a Port man.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quick question (preferably for fellow Freo fans to answer)...

Assuming the damaged goods rumours are true... Would you (a) run for the hills; (b) still grab him but only if we can get him uber cheap (like our original offer); or (c) **** it, we need a quality KPF, pay what it takes for Melbourne to do the deal now?

Assuming the damaged goods rumours are true... Would you (a) run for the hills; (b) still grab him but only if we can get him uber cheap (like our original offer); or (c) **** it, we need a quality KPF, pay what it takes for Melbourne to do the deal now?
b, tending to a.

We had an injury-prone key forward taken high in the draft only a few years back. And he never played for us.

(d) use that offer on Lobb :rolleyes:

If we are doing an actual culture shift, then it is (a) - there is no other option.

If our "culture shift" is just lip service then we use it as leverage and (b).

b if we know he'll at least play for us. a if he's damaged and his foot is suspect.

I'd certainly like to believe that.

Hogan for pick 6 plus a second round is good business, we're not getting another Weller deal anytime soon.
Everywhere, literally everywhere in the media had Melbourne asking for 2 x firsts (not specified which ones) until literally minutes after we pulled out and then suddenly 5+23 was all they wanted.

If that doesn't strike you as strange then I am not sure I can do anymore.

Hopefully we will get 5, do a pick swap with Adelaide and then offer 8 and a future second and that could be enough. Use 16 on lobb, take pick 11 to the draft plus a few 2nd founders or use one on Langdon if he is keen.

I would want to be certain that both Melbourne and gws would accept those trades before doing it. Otherwise pick 5 would be better

I’m hoping this is a ruse from bell to find out via the media exactly what Melbourne would accept. If it is a top 10 pick and sn early second rounder. That is already a lot better than 2 top 10 picks.

Would love to know what is actually happening here, like a proper interview from rosich, bell, Mahoney or Hogan’s manager

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we will get 5, do a pick swap with Adelaide and then offer 8 and a future second and that could be enough. Use 16 on lobb, take pick 11 to the draft plus a few 2nd founders or use one on Langdon if he is keen.

I would want to be certain that both Melbourne and gws would accept those trades before doing it. Otherwise pick 5 would be better
Imagine that. It would be a ruthless double cross to Port after the pick swap giving Adelaide poll position. I like it!

D) for Dyson Heppell

We win trade period /endthread

Imagine that. It would be a ruthless double cross to Port after the pick swap giving Adelaide poll position. I like it!

We seem to be telling everyone we won’t be trading Neale, so sure we have said that to port. I’m sure freo will want to do the hogan deal if it is something like pick 11, future second and a sweetener like a third. If we did the original pick 6 and 2019 second for hogan and don’t trade Neale, we would have no way to get lobb unless brought in 2019 first meaning no decent picks for 2 years so don’t think that would be an option.

They want to hold Brisbane until the absolute last minute and if they do something crazy like Gold Coast do the trade. If not hold Neale. If we do get pick 5, we have all the way up to the draft to do a pick swap with Adelaide. The only problem being we can’t trade for players by that point.

A.
What kind of message does it send to the likes of Cerra, Brayshaw, Logue, Cox, Ryan, Darcy etc if we trade in Jesse and the rumours are true.

We’ve done a number of b trades already.
Bennell, McCarthy, Gumbleton.

We only paid a fraction of their asking price for them, but the AFL world (including some of our own fans) still clocked those under our ‘fail’ trades.
Personally, I’ll be very wary. He stuck with Melbourne when his father passed, and when he had his cancer scare. Now out of the blue when the team is in the verge of challenging for the flag, Melbourne made him available?
The scam radar is beeping really loud here. It’s beeping even louder when Melbourne downgrades “highest trade in afl history” to 5 and 26.

If it’s any other player, it’ll be a flat no (a) for me.
Except it Hogan. Hogan to Freo fans is like that first crush in high school that never eventuate. Also, he have treated us like dirt over the years. An now, out of the blue he called and asked for a date??!! I’ll play, but you must pass your medical before you start thinking of getting anywhere near 2nd base.

I’d love Hogan at our club, but it’s not only Freo holding up this deal. Melbourne have 40 other players on their list plus a future first. Why not take pick 11 and swap first rnd picks next year?

Why is it our fault that they don’t want to try and land May?

Reckon Peter Bell has called their bluff.

They want two first rounders and we are not prepared to pay it for a bloke who’s in a moon boot for start of preseason.

Melbourne point the finger at the dockers, im seeing it like the McCarthy deal. Freo offered 2x first rounds picks for him. Biggest bullet we have dodged for many years. Hope he stays and wins a flag with Melbourne is fully fit and kicks 100. Fine with me. We offer two first round picks then. Anything less or he remains injured value will only drop and is uncontracted.

Neale really has to get done on Monday if we're serious about Hogan. They'd have all weekend to sort it out.

Once we get 5 I'd love to piss Melbourne off some more and swap 5 with Adelaide.

5, 30, 49 for 8, 16 and 21.

Give 16 for Lobb.

Have 8, 11, 21, 23. Offer Melbourne 8 and 23.

The bottleneck is Brisbane.

We have ALL the leverage here.

Patience.

And if no deal, doesn't matter. We still keep Neale and get a shot at Hogan in 12 months once we know his foot is good.

Neale really has to get done on Monday if we're serious about Hogan. They'd have all weekend to sort it out.

Once we get 5 I'd love to piss Melbourne off some more and swap 5 with Adelaide.

5, 30, 49 for 8, 16 and 21.

Give 16 for Lobb.

Have 8, 11, 21, 23. Offer Melbourne 8 and 23.
Genius. I hope this is what happens.

My feel for what it’s worth is that it’s a good old fashion standoff!!!!

This is not over to its over !!!!

This might might be a Gold Coast 2.0 ..... next Wednesday 5.28 aest a deal will get done ...... I hope.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan worth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back